1. 1. What shift do you work?

• First (morning)
    • Second (afternoon)
    • Third (overnight)
    • Work from home
    • Unemployed
    • Government assistance

Well first off i did 3 searches and didnt find it so I'm sorry if posted

Most of us have a form of employment, just wondering were do you work, what shift do you work (optional) how much you make, you know stuff lile that about your job

As for me I'm an overnight baker and maintainance man for a Canadian coffee chain. The job sucks but it pays the bills

• Brohoof 2

I'm at school currently, so i don't have a job. but i have been a baker at tim hortons, a web developer for an educational site, an engineering intern and a quality inspector on a solar farm. 

This summer i will most likely be a quality inspector again, but this time on the biggest solar farm in canada!

• Brohoof 1

I work 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday.  Full time.  One of the nice things about my job is that it's in central Philly.  If there's someplace I want to visit after work, I can just hop on a SEPTA train or bus and be there in a reasonable amount of time.  Summer afternoons are the best for after work activities as I have over five hours of daylight to take advantage of.  :)

Most of us have a form of employment,

You sure about that?  We have an awful lot of school and college age members but I'll grant you a good number of them work part time jobs in addition to their studies. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm currently working from 10:30am to 1.30pm 3 days a week the place I'm working just opened so it's pretty quiet at the moment though my hours/days should increase when more business comes in.  

I know that this topic was meant for people 16+ and I'm 14, but I would just like to put that I will be getting a job the first week I turn 16. Darn child labor laws.

I swear, if somebody puts "government assistance" when they don't need it...

Welfare was meant for people that are strugling, but now you've got so many people abusing the system and not even trying to find a job.

• Brohoof 2

I work in the pharmacy of a large retail chain, either 9AM-6PM or 12PM-9PM, it varies. I used to be totally enchanted with my job, but now I hate it, but it's 40 hours + benefits so I know I'm lucky considering today's job market. Would really love to find something different though. I did luck out in that I'm very close friends with most of my coworkers, so we don't deal with too much cattiness or in-fighting. Most days I show up just because I know not coming in would screw them over quite royally and I don't want to add to the stress load. But it does take its toll on you, getting yelled at by customers/patients all day. Their prescription is taking too long, their co-pay is too high, we're all incompetent and stupid, the lines move too slowly. Then corporate adds on even MORE mandatory and redundant tasks and refuses to let our boss hire more help. An inspector even came in last week and told us if we all don't have 'sweat glistening on our faces from busting our butts', then we're not working hard enough. 

But like I said, 40 + bennies and the pet store never called me in for an interview, so I'm staying put. 

• Brohoof 1

The hours at my job range anywhere between 8:00 AM to 12:00 AM. As long as I'm putting in 40 hours per week, I'm pretty much free to work whatever shift I want as long as I'm not creating any gaps in coverage. It's one of my favorite perks of being salaried.

• Brohoof 1

I just started a new job last week as a collections person for a large financial corporation. I'm making roughly $11 an hour with the potential for bonuses and my schedule runs from the afternoon into the night.

I may have just started and I'm in training right now but it's looking to be the best job to date that I've had!

• Brohoof 1

Oh, where do I start. My job title is 'Product Manager', but I'm a Database Administrator, Data Analyst, and Support Technician for some internal tools at Microsoft.

I'm also a livestock farmer, and raise sheep for wool, which we handspin into yarn for sale.

I'm also an actor, usually doing local stock because I have no ambition. ;)

I used to teach math in Summer School before they required a teaching certification for that, was a bookkeeper for a bit but got bored, made a living as an electrician for awhile but couldn't justify the licensing costs, made furniture but couldn't find a market, and have various degrees and diplomas in Engineering, History, Architecture, so on and so forth.

Basically, I'm old and eclectic and lack ambition to *be* anything in particular other than me. :)

• Brohoof 1

I used to work full time in a microbiology lab for a fortune 500 company.

Now I'm working full time as a "data technician" for a medical software company. This is my third week.

I push carts at the local Walmart. (Pretty good job for a teenager, more than minimum wage, good exercise, easy job). During the week I work the evening shift, weekends I work either the Morning, afternoon, or evening shift. I make $7.90 an hour, but get a $0.40 raise in June. I like the fact that I almost never get bothered by anyone. When I do I either have to help someone load a TV or something into a customer's car or sweep up. 

I am a hardware sales associate at wal mart. I work the evening shift.

Paycheck: Not enough compared to the crap I have to deal with (8.25 and hour)

Yeah im hoping that when I move this summer, I can get a job as a weekend night shift bouncer for a bar.

My shifts change almost weekly. Usually 8:00AM - 6:00PM 2 days of the week and half days the rest. I pretty much print and develop photos. It's not interesting and customers suck but I make a decent amount of money from it. I've also been a graphic artist for a real estate company.