S04:E12 - Pinkie Pride  

472 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I don't know about all of you ponies, but I am starting to think that season 4 is gonna be the best season.

It has had some really bad episode, but also some of the best. It has truly been a hit or miss, either it's kinda terrible or else it shines above all.

And with that in mind, i'd rather have a handful of amazing episodes, than a whole season of mediocrity. Not saying that the previous seasons have been bad, however I easily forget a bad episode or two when we get episodes like Pinkie Pride.

It has had some really bad episode, but also some of the best. It has truly been a hit or miss, either it's kinda terrible or else it shines above all.

I don't think there's been any terrible episodes at all this season (although I admit that Power Ponies was a little weird), but that's just me.

Anyways, this episode gets my strongest 10/10.

A brilliant successor to A Friend In Deed when it comes to an episode focused around a non-flanderized Pinkie Pie.

It also proves to be a way better musical episode than MMC.

Also, Pinkie Pie X Cheese Sandwich is my new OTP.

I am one of nine people who did not like the episode. This season has just been grinding me in the wrong direction recently and to be honest, the further we go into the season, the more I dislike the episode. From a stand point it may just be because the bar was set too high this season with the great premier episode which is my second favourite episode ever just under return of harmony. So this episode is going on my dislike list. It avoids the I hate list by a respectible margin, but I don't like this episode.

@@Child Of Darkness,

Really? Too bad you feel this way, but it makes me wonder what you found so awful about this episode? Hearing different takes on it might be enlightening =)

Well, I like a story written narrative which sort of follows a set story and the fact that the writters gave season 4 a season long story arc, I want this story with the box and gathering the keys to be the main focus of this season at least every few episodes. And since nothing has been done about the keys and the box has not even been mentioned since episode three, (9 weeks ago) it makes the episode feel like they are just cannon fodder and are their to just fill the gap.

Which actully brings me into the theory that each item the has the rainbow shine, in this case boneless, is that characters key to the box.

So over all, I love a good story and this season seemed like it was going to be a story but it just desended into madness. Pinkie pie style.

It was an okay episode, but I wouldn't call it top tier. The others getting caught up in Cheese Sandwich and leaving Pinkie Pie hones back to Lesson Zero of not being sensitive to a friend. An additional lesson that should have been taught is tolerance on Pinkie Pie's part. She forfeited and loss, then should have accepted it and stuck around. Instead she just quits and tries to run away from everything after screwing up once. Pinkie Pie was just going to make it worse for Rainbow Dash.

Edited by Singe

@@Child Of Darkness,

Well the fact that the rainbow items are the keys are more or less canon by now =) 

There will be 6 episodes with keys, and the two last episodes will probably feature the opening of the box. The rest of the episodes are fillers, at least seeing it from that perspective.

I am curious to what is inside the box, sure. But episodes like Pinkie Pride is why I watch the show to begin with. I don't mind the box that much, and look forward to more slice of life episodes  :squee:

I went through the posting and I don't think I noticed anyone mentioning this but if the cake were to be two dimensional the Rainbow Dash just turned 21 years old or it could've been for her 21st year in Ponyville meaning she could actually be older. If RD is actually now 21 then I can understand why she was never able to get an cider......underage.

post-17805-0-83083200-1391460912.jpg

Edited by sunset_sprint

as being a weird al fan for years,i was excited to heard who was going to be guest starring my brain exploded in awesome.

it was nice to see pinkie get some love once more after Pinkie Apple Pie of course to which is still amusing with the duck face and all.

what was interesting is tha cheese was in fact inspired by pinkie hence finding his own party talent and destiny thanks to her to which was indeed a very nice touch imo.

and it was nice to see a rival that wasnt out for blood or to destory,but to have a good time and was inspired by his own 'rival'.

Honestly, screw star ratings! I give this episode forty-seven thousand million brohoofs for giving Pinkie Pie more personality than she's ever had. Honestly, I think this episode was a lot better than Party-of-one for it's:

Amazingly great songs, perfect guest voice actor for the role of Cheese Sandwich, great feels when you realise that Pinkie was the catalyst in Cheese's life (and Cutie Mark achievement [unlocked!]), did I mention great songs? And the fact that shipping just exploded like a nuclear bomb. I looked up Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich "Make a wish" song, and the images were almost all shipping. If Cheese Sandwich is added to the app guys... I don't even know... Anyway, the story was great, the theme was perfect, the songs were addicting, and I give this forty-seven thousand million brohoofs

• Brohoof 3

Wow, I'm honestly a little surprised to see how far in the minority I apparently am on this.  Makes me wonder if I just really missed something when I watched the episode.  This didn't feel shark-jumpy to anyone else?

• Brohoof 1

It was just Pinkie's turn to have the taste of failure for once like some of the others had. She kinda deserved a Twilight lecture rather than a begging please don't go in the end. The Mane have been serious on Rainbow Dash and Applejack trying to quit/run away. Where was that (Rainbow Falls) Twilight list of ponies that Pinkie Pie was going to "hurt/let down" by running away?

Pinkie Pie just brought all this on herself rather than actually being like "Applejack" and just be honest about her feelings in the end. She needs to learn a balance and some tolerance.

Also, she needs to work on her party creativity instead of using the same kind over again. Competition is not her thing.

Edited by Singe

Why bother bringing a parody artist into the episode if you're not even going to make a song parody? It just seems like a colossal waste.

Weird Al does far more than parodies. Have you ever listened to any of his original works? A lot of his stuff is amazing.

And his stealing Pinkie's Smile song is perfectly in line with his parody polkas. :)

• Brohoof 1

I'd say that this is probably the best episode in all of season 4. And this isn't just a facetious "best," where best just means the "least worst." I genuinely think this is a great episode. Which I'm really glad to see, because up until this point in the season, I was getting incredibly disappointed with the way the show was going. Gives me hope that episodes to come will be good as well.

The one thing I didn't like was the use of real live images. I can see where that would be humorous in other shows that would do that kind of thing, such as Family Guy, but for MLP it just felt really out of place.

But, yeah, this episode was just a lot of fun. Course, what else would you expect from Pinkie Pie and Weird Al? This is how a musical episode should be done. *glares at MMC* It's a simple story so it allows the hinging on of songs, and having them doesn't detract from the story and eat up time that could have been spend on story development. Unlike some other episodes *glares at MMC again*

So, yeah. Awesome :) Also, I know it's unlikely being that it's a celebrity cameo, but it'd be cool to see Cheese Sandwich in other episodes.

I went through the posting and I don't think I noticed anyone mentioning this but if the cake were to be two dimensional the Rainbow Dash just turned 21 years old or it could've been for her 21st year in Ponyville meaning she could actually be older. If RD is actually now 21 then I can understand why she was never able to get an cider......underage.

You didn't count the candles in the back. She flies around the cake, not in front of it. Also, there's such a thing as non-alcoholic cider. Especially of the apple variety. Also, candles get added for luck, or more likely in this case, aesthetic and shebang. Also, the drinking age varies by country. Who's to say the drinking age is 21 in Equestria? Or that they count years in the same way that we do? Or that they become adults at the same age and rate we do?

I do realize you probably meant this as a joke. I just like to pick things apart. No hard feelings :)

Edited by Clover Heart

It was just Pinkie's turn to have the taste of failure for once like some of the others had. She kinda deserved a Twilight lecture rather than a begging please don't go in the end. The Mane have been serious on Rainbow Dash and Applejack trying to quit/run away. Where was that (Rainbow Falls) Twilight list of ponies that Pinkie Pie was going to "hurt/let down" by running away?

Pinkie Pie just brought all this on herself rather than actually being "Applejack" and just be honest about her feelings. She needs to learn a balance and some tolerance.

First of all, there have been MANY times AJ wasn't honest with her feelings (The Last Roundup, Pinkie Apple Pie).  And they only became real serious with Applejack after she acted hostile towards them, and when AJ finally admitted what happened, they were just as "We love you!" as they were with Pinkie here.  Second of all, Rainbow and Pinkie are different ponies in different situations.  Twilight was trying to get Rainbow to be loyal all along, and Rainbow was doing this because she just wanted to fulfill her own selfish dream instead of being with her friends, who she pretty much said wasn't good enough for her.  Pinkie was hurt, and thought she was making things worse for everypony, especially Rainbow Dash, and that they wouldn't care.  And considering how quickly they left her for Cheese Sandwich, I don't blame her.  At that point, it looked like nopony WOULD care, considering how much they loved Cheese, and how she accidently ruined one of her friends birthdays.

Like Applejack in The Last Roundup, what Pinkie needed was a reassuring that everypony loved her and wouldn't leave her.  Hell, Applejack was even WORSE in The Last Roundup, considering nopony showed any real sign they would be disappointing in her, while Pinkie's friends DID leave her, and she DID make it worse for Dash.  Rainbow needed a lecture because she was only doing this because she wanted to fly fast and pretty much thought her friends weren't worth flying with.

• Brohoof 3

Weird Al does far more than parodies. Have you ever listened to any of his original works? A lot of his stuff is amazing.

And his stealing Pinkie's Smile song is perfectly in line with his parody polkas. :)

i will admit that was indeed one of my favorite parts...its only a matter of time before there are mlp polka songs.

• Brohoof 1