Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Preschool Show you watched as a kid

Moved to Elsewhere

This might seem like it could be a weird or hilarious topic, but what preschool show did you like to watch when you were little, whether or not they aged well. Personally none of them aged well with me, he were my favorites when I was like 4.

Blue's Clues, Barney (unfortunately) Dora The Explorer (again, unfortunately)

All right so what preschool shows did you enjoy. Hope you don't cringe thinking about it.

Discuss Away!

• Brohoof 2

Mr. Rodgers and Sesame Street.  If you don't think Mr. Rodgers was the realest nigga alive, you need a reality check.  That man was so nice, it was crazy.  I still watch his show sometimes, because he makes me feel good about myself.   And who doesn't love Sesame Street?

• Brohoof 2

Mr. Rodgers and Sesame Street.  If you don't think Mr. Rodgers was the realest nigga alive, you need a reality check.  That man was so nice, it was crazy.  I still watch his show sometimes, because he makes me feel good about myself.   And who doesn't love Sesame Street?

I know I do.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I think the show I liked most back then was probably Arthur. And in fact, I still kind of like that show, but it's easily upstaged by surprisingly good Wordgirl/

Edited by Barbaloot
  • Brohoof 1

i watched so much tv when i was young. as a baby i watched mtv when it still had music. everything tha'ts been said so far i watched. My favorite was ZOOM on pbs and this one about a talking lemur and these guys that taught you about animals. and elmos world. i would still watch these today if i could.

My mom says I loved Barney as a tiny munchkin, which I vaguely remember. I was raised when Barney was actually a good show. As I grew up, I loved ZOOM. They need to bring that show back.

Reading Rainbow
The Smurfs
Peewee's Playhouse
Alvin and the Chipmunks
("The Chipmunk Adventure" was one of my favorite VHS tapes. Remember those?)
P.S.
Jeanette is best Chipmunk!

jeanette.jpg

Basically, she me! LOL!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

Some of my favorites would have been Blue's Clues, The Wiggles, Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, Rollie Pollie Ollie, Arthur, Felix the Cat, Bear in the Big Blue House, and Cyberchase. I also watched The Teletubbies, but I prefer not to talk about that.

That sun is stuff of nightmares.

img-2288325-1-The_Sun.jpg

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 3

My favorite was The New Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh. Which, to this day, is still awesome to watch. Whoever created that show did an excellent job of "modernizing" Pooh (for the 80s, that is) without losing any of its classic A.A. Milne essence. The characterization and music in particular fit well. Will definitely be showing it to my own children, to the extent that I let them watch television at all.

Blue's Clues

It's the only preschool show I wasn't afraid to admit I watch, and it didn't degrade it's audience like a number of other shows did(and do now)

• 7 years later...

Thank god I didn't watch Sonic SatAM as a kid. :twismile: (You know why!)

I watched a lot of 80s and 90s shows, but the one that stands out is probably Fraggle Rock.

My favorites were Franklin, Bernstein Bears, Dora the Explorer, Oswald (not sure if there’s any more to the title), Wonder Pets, Sesame Street, Backyardagins, and Pinky Dinky Doo. Those are some that I remember, anyways, I used to watch a lot of TV growing up.

• Brohoof 1