Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cars, all of you have a car right?

Booey

When I was 19 I went to some place called a 'dealership'. When I got there, and intimidating man in a suit tried to make me buy these box things with wheels on them. Eventually I agreed on the white box with a turquoise stripe that said '1995 Ford Explorer' on it. It's really loud and smells like cedar wood. It came with a cassette deck that no longer functions properly. I call it the Bamesmobile.

• Brohoof 1

I'm too young to have my own car. I don't even have my driver's license yet. :(

They're overrated, trust me. As someone who has to regularly drive for an hour to get to classes four days a week, it's not exactly all that fun, just tedious.

I do recommend though, to you and anyone else who hasn't yet learned how to drive: do your best to learn in the worst conditions available in your area. Wintery, mountain driving conditions are probably the best...you'll be surprised at what it does for your ability to drive. I was a better driver at nineteen than most people are at twenty-seven. Learning how to be careful while driving is also a good idea. You don't want to ever get complacent. I let my mind wander too much while driving as it is, and it's nearly cost me my life a couple of times as a result.

As for the question posed by the thread itself, I do not own a car. I do, however, drive a 2007 Ford Freestar minivan. Gets better gas mileage than you might think, too.

I don't have my own car, but I use my dad's 1997 Voyager. Its a PoS, and it has a huge dent in the side (thanks dad.) I didn't get my license 'til I was 19. I learned in a 1989 Chevy S10, took my first test in a Buick Rondevouz (Forget the year) and failed parallel parking. Needless to say, I used the S10 on my second test, and passed.

Fun fact: I'm terrible at left turns, ask the poor power pole I hit when I was learning. And I was only in one accident, and that was because some lady pushed a shopping cart in front of my car, and I tried avoiding it, but hit her car instead.

(edited)

Cars, yes.

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK 230 Kompressor

The first car, which I really learned to drive with (still own it). Metallic black, automatic gearbox, true cruiser car, can smoke almost everything.

1995 Saab 900 Cabrio 2.0 Turbo

Even though I live in a rather cold zone, I still like to enjoy the summer as much as I can, so this is the answer. Since it's a Saab, it's performance in all 4 seasons is more than excellent. Metallic black too, with black leather seats. It's a 'lil slow off the line, but once it gets 50+ km/h not much can keep up. Nothing matches cruising 100km/h when it's +30C outside.

At the moment planning to replace the Saab with a BMW E36 (328i), as a daily driver-drift car (love me some RWD), LSD and all that stuff. I should mention, that I have also owned an Audi S4 C4 4.2 V8 6-speed manual sedan, only 500 ever made (Last Audi quattro with the manual rear dif lock). Had to sell it, because gas ain't that cheap here.

Oh and I've barely had my driver's license for a year :D

Edit:

Sorry, but I don't have any faith in American cars. EDM ftw!

Edited by Sigu
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

im 16 so I only have 2 (my dad has 6)

1. 1986 Porsche 944, black, cream interior, everything stock, 170 HP/ 160 TRQ

2. 1996 Ford Bronco, yellow with black stripes, lifted with 10 speaker system. We added a big block 466 cubic inch motor, produces 420 HP/ 500 TRQ. Full ocker system in wheels so it will drive over/through almost anything. Drawback, 10 mpg so I drive the porsche when I want to save fule.

(lol don't think my dad just bought me my cars, I had to work and pay for my cars with my own money, Im just really good at getting deals)

Edited by SXCJ40
  • Brohoof 1

The drive the most unbelievable, unimpeachable, indispensable, and can't believable ride EVER!

I drive a FLIM FLAM BROTHERS SUPER SPEEDY CIDER SQUEEZY 2002 Jeep Liberty!

LOOK I DREW EYES ON IT WHEN IT SNOWED!

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I have a 1992 Ford F-150 truck. I hate it. It has nearly costed me more in repairs than I paid for it and everything is broken, EVERYTHING. The dash is basically falling apart, the electric windows have to be operated by hand, literally (you have to place you hands on the windows and pull them up or down), the electric mirrors also have to be adjusted by hand, the headlight switch is missing the nob so you have to pull the little metal stick, the ceiling fabric is mostly gone, the seat is torn in several places, and the passenger side door handle is broken so you have to open it from the outside. The god awful thing sucks fuel too. I've got to deal with it for the time being though. What I really want is a small car, like a two door. I rarely have to use the truck bed so it just seems like a waste to me.

Anyway, enough ranting. I figured since I've got to put up with the damn thing I might as well give it some personality so I installed a 1000 watt amp connected to two 1500 watt subwoofers. I also have a blind bag fluttershy mounted to the dashboard. That's the extend of my customization because I do hope to sell this thing as soon as possible.

ive got a 2004 mustang gt with way to much money invested in it lol. but its pretty much my baby since its my first car and ive had it since it rolled off the trailer at the dealership

Posted Image

B)Hey Ya'll.

I'd like to ask you about your cars. What is it? Makes and Model?

How's the sound system?

Colour?

Modifications to exterior?

I'm running a 98 Ford Falcon,

Bullbar on the front, spoiler on the back.

6" pioneer speakers in the doors, 12" Dual pioneer sub in the boot.

Silver Paint Job.

6 Cylinders of Pure glory.

2.5" Catback Exhaust.

I know y'all folk in ponyville are darn tootin when it comes to automobiles.

I wish we still had the falcon over here!

• Brohoof 1

I recently got m'self a black '99 Chevy Blazer.

It's not too bad for a first vehicle. It's also better on gas than I expected. Not the best but it works for me.

It's needing a little bit of fixing up, but only minor stuff. New wheels come first, then a new Stereo system and better speakers.

I get excited just talking about the finished product. :lol:

I drive a 2008 Toyota Corolla CE. My Corolla has grey paint, and while it is sorely lacking in bells and whistles (I do not even have power windows or power locks), this car is reliable and fuel efficient (I average around 32 to 33 MPG). I have no intention of selling it (I bought it brand new in October 2007 and I plan on driving it until it dies or if repair costs do not warrant keeping it) anytime soon, but these cars definitely retain their value (I originally planned on buying a used one, but I realized that three-year-old Corollas at the dealership only cost $3K less than a brand new one, so I went with a brand new one).

There was a recall on the Engine Control Module in some 2008 Corollas, but fortunately, my Engine Control Module was not one of the problematic ones.

My only complaint about this car is that it is not ideal for driving on unplowed roads during the winter (it does not help that I was used to my first two vehicles, which were light 4X4 trucks).

I should try to track down some MLP: FiM related vinyl decals for this car (I have heard that somepony sells them...is it WeLoveFine...I am not sure).

Edited by M14Brony

I actually don't have a license yet (FIRST COMES DRIVING SCHOOL, THEN IT TAKES THREE YEARS TO GET ONE IN GUAM!!! FML) But when I do and when I have the money, I'm getting an Impreza (Late 1990's model)

My dad owns a 2011 Toyota Tacoma and a 1992 Toyota Corolla

Edited by Narutardedscum