Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you told your past self you would like My Little Pony, how would they react?

Moved to Elsewhere

• 10 months later...

He'd probably say 'oh, that's cool' before politely asking me to stop blocking the screen, can't I see they're trying to focus on their game? D: :P It's not like I never watched something intended for little girls before in my life, so he wouldn't really be that surprised.

Meh, when I started watching I had this nagging feeling I would end up watching most of the show anyway. I have this problem when I watch something no matter how bad it is I just have to finish watching everything. Unless it spans up past 200 episodes and it's not good I might not watch it though.

He would probably be like "Isn't My Little Pony a toy? How can I watch a toy?" I didn't actually know any MLP cartoon ever existed when I was younger. But, even if I knew, I would be like, "So what?".

I loved the shit out of HE-Man, Conan The Barbarian, and GI Joe. Those 80 show probably had more rainbows and pretty colors then MLP. Oh the 80s I wish I could of grown up in you. :(   So I wouldn't have been shocked.

It depends on which past self. If it was before I turned 8 or 9, I would be fine with it since I was fairly "girly" for a guy. I liked Disney Princesses, and if I was given a doll, I'd play with its hair. If it was when I was 8-11, I'd laugh since I was trying to distance myself from that. If it was when I was 12, I'd laugh and ask "So I'll be a brony in the future?" since that's when I finally found out what a brony was. If it was when I was 13, I'd say "So I finally become brave enough to do it?" since at that point, I wanted to watch it, but was too scared about how my family would react to me watching MLP. 14 was the age I was when I finally decided to watch it(I'm 15 now, turning 16 in a few weeks), my mom was fine with it, and my brother decided he'd start watching it, and we're both fans of the show now going to BronyCon in a couple of weeks.

Pretty sure my past self would be more interested in how I ended up with the knowledge to relay a time-bending message back to him... and I'm pretty sure I'd be damn pissed and confused if my future self (me) used this amazing power or whatever to tell me (past self) that I become a brony... Like really, I would be so mad that I wasted such a thing on telling my younger self I'd be a brony... who does that?! Me. I do that. Because I like to fuck with people. Even that people happens to be a younger me. Like seriously? Fuck that guy, I mean, me. Wait... that sounded wrong.

Eh, who cares.

Bluh.

• Brohoof 1

My past self would probably keep asking me how I am even able to communicate with her and she would ask what the future is like :lol: She would listen to an explanation about why I watch it :squee:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well... I used to like the older version of MLP when I was little. You know, like when all the characters had different personalities to now and stuff? I never watched it, but I collected the figures. And I'm still only in my early teens now. But if I went back and told, say, my ten year old self that in a few years I'd be leaving this post on and MLP fandom forums, she might have a mixed reaction. But she most likely wouldn't be all too happy to hear that. I've always been a tomboy, never liked anything I considered 'girly'. And, foolishly, I used to consider MLP:FiM Very girly once I'd gotten to that age...

Once I was an adult I'd go back and tell my teenage self "told ya so!"

Edited by Wolves