Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you told your past self you would like My Little Pony, how would they react?

Moved to Elsewhere

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't have believed it. I hated the past girlie stereotype versions of MLP and still don't like them. I just like the current version's design. I tried to watch the older mlp on netflix and couldn't watch it for too long before turning it off. However, I think it's cool that other people like the older mlp's. Plus, I admit that I do like the smooze song, it got stuck in my head to the point I really liked it after awhile.

Probably my past me could believe my future me in that, because I watched few cartoons for girls in the past like MLP G1 (I remer nothing from G1 except that the names of characters has been translated into Polish).

Edited by Yarishia

"If you told yourself from the past you would become a brony, how would you react?

I'd be more surprised  than anything as I only became one in June of 2015, but i'd known for a while what MLP:FiM was and what bronies were already and I didn't care really,  I just thought the show wasn't for me based on my other interests, but I wouldn't have a problem if I was told, to me it would just be a weird surprise.

Edited by Treeclimbyou

• 1 month later...

Not sure if I'd tell my past self about me liking MLP and becoming a brony. However when I think of the things in my life I could have done differently. Telling me that "I'll like MLP the show made for girls". When I think of my past self I imagine myself as my own personal "Guardian Angel". I'd guid myself in ways that movies have shown me. They sure love to mess with time. However do you ever think how your life would be if you did certain thinks another way?

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on which past me. 6 year old me would probably be very shocked and suprised because at the time I was going through a "boys are better phase" and I also dispised My Little Pony (the old one) at the time. Me within the last three years would be very shocked and disappointed because of the internet brony stereotype.

Well, according to the Chaos Theory, or the "Butterfly Effect", this would probably alter my old, stubborn self to not like it or naturally not enjoy it.

But I'll play along because I'm better than that. owo

...well actually, old me would get violently angry and depressed, and then probably go act like a total dirtbag because I used to be a poor representation of a proper human being.

Depends on how far back I went. :P

If I told myself as a teen or preteen, I'd be like, "what? Well.. okay." But if I went to my kid self she'd be like, "yeah, duh! Of course you still like My Little Pony!"

This right here sounds about how i'd react. Except my kid self would be first be like ' *squeals* "OMG OMG OMG IT'S STILL AROUND IN 2016?!?!? what's it like tell me about it!' THEN do the whole "Yeah, duh! Of course you still like My Little Pony!" and  "Why wouldn't you? Who's your favorite pony? Is it Still Cotton Candy and Moondancer?"

My past self would probably call me a faggot or something like that. I used to be an active and avid hater of the whole fandom and show until, well low and behold here we are. 3 years strong sometime this month or early April if memory serves Yay horses  :D

For simplicity's sake, I'll refer to my past self in the third person.  Okay, here we go.

If I went back in time and told my past self that he would not only enjoy MLP but be obsessed with it, his initial reaction would be disbelief, thinking that I was crazy.  However, if I know anything about myself, that even would only spark his curiosity, especially due to the fact that he was being told that information by his future self.  I imagine that would create an alternate timeline where he (meaning me) gets involved in the Brony fandom much earlier on and gets to live through the BS Twilicorn drama when it actually happened.  Sigh, if only if only.

• 6 years later...