Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you told your past self you would like My Little Pony, how would they react?

Moved to Elsewhere

(edited)

So if you went back in time and told your past self that one day, they would enjoy a show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, how would they react and take it?

Mine would either laugh or ask "WHY???"

So discuss away!

Edited by ChikoritaBrony
  • Brohoof 7

My past self would laugh pretty hard, especially considering how much he'd hate to be associated with anything other than what helped him be at the very least accepted by his peers.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

"I am you from the future! There's no time to explain! If you click that video now, you will become a brony!"

"Wait, what the hell!?"

And then past me would sit in silence for about 15 minutes trying to figure out what just happened and determine whether or not future me just inadvertently and irresponsibly created a time paradox. But then I would watch the video anyway to see if I was right.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 5

First of all, I'd freak out from seeing my older self, then I'd probably just say something like, "Huh, I've heard of that, but I didn't know there was a show. I'll go ahead and check it out". Then I would end up watching the first generation since FIM wouldn't be out yet... and I would probably still like it.

In other words, my past self would be okay with it considering I've always been open minded and liked cartoons that are considered "girly".

• Brohoof 5

He'd be cool with it. From a very young age I've been a girly guy, liked playing with dolls, was the 'girl' in my groups of male friends.

^This

I'm not even kidding :lol: When I was little, I watched Kim Possible, Totally Spies and the Powerpuff Girls instead of what most boys my age were watching :P

That was part of the reason I had no problem jumping into MLP, and part of the reason that I didn't mind seeing or speaking to someone with a pony avatar before my days as a brony :D

Of course, had I known about lovely lady Rarity, I probably woulda jumped into the show ASAP :wub:

• Brohoof 8

I probably would've laughed and laughed then walk away. I avoided any type of girly, rainbow colored stuff when I was younger, except for Powerpuff Girls, which is full of irony lol. Now I don't care.

• Brohoof 2

Knowing the way of Time Travel from the way it is done in shows, doing that could alter the past, and if my past self just so happens not to watch the show, my present self would cease to exist.

But onto how I would react, I would react the same way I reacted to my brother when he said he liked MLP, but ultimately lied to me. I have to thank him for lying to me. I would ask him multiple times, with hard thinking in the middle, "Are you serious?"

Probably cut my (future me's) jugguler shouting you're one horiable imposter, as I had cut my hair and gotten glasses and started avidly following sports and not playing as many video games. Basically became the opposite of a brony and a brony at the same time.

After discussing time travel and future politics for a while, I'd think that at some point in the future I decided to become homosexual.(before I was a brony I had always believed in stereotypes.)

Future Me: Hey.....guess what, Im a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Past Me: Damn......I think I've been drinking too much.  

• Brohoof 1

My past self? Oh dear gawd...that would not end well...

I'd probably delve even further into stupid crap, just to avoid this. Of course how bad, would depend on how far back I'm going lol.