Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you told your past self you would like My Little Pony, how would they react?

Moved to Elsewhere

Well I think I have always been a guy who sort of is ok with doing things other boys weren't doing. For example watching powerpuff girls. So, I would be very much confused by it but, all in all I'd be accepting, just like I was when I talked to my first ever brony.

"My little pony? Really? Well to each their own, but I don't think I'd be into something like that."

(3 weeks later) " oh, my god , my little pony, friendship is magic is sooo awesome."

• Brohoof 1

My past self would be like "WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, I don't understand why people like a show for little girls, It's weird and I want nothing to do with it."

Yeah I was pretty confused when I first heard from a friend what a Brony was.

Hm.  How would I react?  Well, I think the answer to that is very dependent on how far back in the past I go.  Also, if I had the technology to travel back into the past, would it also be possible that I might have the ability to appear in my own dreams or otherwise communicate the idea telepathically?

Anyway, I'm getting off topic.  I really don't know how I would react.  I would hope past me would be somewhat positive about it, but I really couldn't say that with a guarantee.

Also, here's the other half of the question:  Would your past self somehow unwittingly become a pawn in causing the future to change enough that the show doesn't come into existence - or at least as your future self knows it?  Or would you be an unwitting catalyst in the show being created some day, only altering very minor details of how it happened?

First my older self would be overwhelmed with my future self and ask "why am I still out of shape in the future?" then say "you come back to the future to tell me I'll love a new MLP show? Why don't you bring me more useful news" LOL.

I guess that means that I'm a bit too litteral.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would have panicked, since I used to make fun of the older MLP generations when I was little.

I probably would've also asked if I have more female friends than male now..Hehe.. :blush:

I'm socially awkward when it comes to talking with other girls who aren't in relationships...It's a good thing I'm straight or I'd be single for the rest of my life.

Edited by Cherry Top

OK, to be honest, this is what I would say since I was and probably still am an Immature bitch:

I HOPE THIS DOESN'T OFFEND ANYONE, BUT:

I would have straight up said:

"Wow, your'e a fag."

If I told my past self if I would love My Little Pony, I would have laughed myself off, next I would have been sceptical, well if I could tell my past self anything, I would have warned myself about the navy, and prevented or minimized the PTSD, also I could have told myself to stay in South Carolina, or invest in new stocks like I am now, but live and learn. I probably would have discovered MLP eventually, I was and still am a Care Bears fan, even the Sylvanian families to those who were born in the eighties like me, so I would have been sympathetic enough to give it a chance, even if I travelled back in time, could it be preordained or by chance? Well, I say it was both, because that is what happened, and I joined the brony fandom, I only wished I joined sooner, but now is as good as ever, and looking forward to making new memories, and new brony friends.   

Well before I answer this I need to now how far back am I going? Am I going back to just before I became a brony? To before the show aired? Am I heading back 5 years? 10 years? Will I head over to when my grandma was babysitting and she was to busy watching Dark Shadows so I could sneak in and talk to my infant self on how awesome MLP is even before the abomination that was MLP tales was finished airing?

We need specifics here!

"Da fudge? I...well, now you're just MAKING it so via self-fulfilling prophecy! I'll build up this specific aversion to watching it, even though originally I may never have cared! And then eventually it'll break and I'll watch it with inverted expectations, and love it!

But wait...if you've travelled to the past to tell me this, and despite my best efforts I won't be able to change the future...then that means I'm still alive in the future! No matter what I do!

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go be the 8th person in history to successfully survive a skydiving fall without a parachute."

• Brohoof 1

My past self would probably be in denial, and try to tell me this:

''You're telling me, that in the future I'm going to join a forum community, watch a show about colorful ponies that has mythology and other things that I would like about it?''

''I don't believe you.''

Well, considering my past self was a little girl who liked the older generations of MLP, my past self wouldn't be too surprised.

I mean damn I had so many of those Generation 3 toys that my past self would probably just be excited for more toys.....

"So, you're telling me that I will soon enjoy watching my little pony, are you kidding me?"

"No, a new version will come out and it will be awesome"

"Yeah, of course -_- look, you have 5 seconds before I call someone"

"Fine I'll go, just remember to type this one phrase into the internet one day...  Derpy hooves"

then I'd be sucked into a time travel portal and returned to my own time, where ponies have taken dominance of the world. yuss!

Well, first, little me would've said "OH MY GOD! I'll be able to TIME TRAVEL?!" Then, after I told him, he would've given me look of sheer disbelief, before turning back to whatever he was doing.

My self from a year ago would think im CRAZY. I used to hate MLP and the worst is that I needed to watch it almost everyday when I was babysitting my cousin but one day I decided to give it a go and watch a whole episode and then I started liking it and now I LOVE it.

That would depend on how much I know.  Say it was from the creators of the Powerpuff Girls and i'm sold.  Otherwise, I would probably be confused at first, but think nothing of it.

I always thought it would be funny if my future self came and told me things about me in the future. ^^

But with that being done, it could be like a butterfly effect and I could possibly never become a Brony in the first place. D:

I understand what you're saying though ^^ no butterfly effects enabled.

If I told myself in the past that I was to become a Brony in the future, I'm not sure how I would act.

With it being one's self, you'd think it would be easier to tell what you would think on a certain matter.

Thing is, over the years you and your mind both mature a significant amount, especially girls since they mature quicker.

*Sigh*

There I go, over thinking it again. I'm sorry. ^^"

I would probably deny it, I watched Power Puff Girls, but I probably never would have thought I would go to My Little Pony.

I'm sure if I shed some light on the amazing pony that is Twilight Sparkle, I would reconsider in a heartbeat. ^^