Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you told your past self you would like My Little Pony, how would they react?

Moved to Elsewhere

Depends on how far back. a few months to 2 years ago I would probably be like "Okay.. why do I like it? There must be a good reason if I like it." now 3+ years " AWWW HEEEEEELLLL NAWWWWW. Never in your lifetime! I bet you're not even me!"... Eeyup.

I'm not even kidding :lol: When I was little, I watched Kim Possible, Totally Spies and the Powerpuff Girls instead of what most boys my age were watching :P

Dude, I totally watched those shows too! They were great! But then I was also raised by a single mom in the same house with three girl cousins around my age, so that might have had something to do with it. In fact, my earliest memory of My Little Pony is of playing a My Little Pony computer game. I don't remember what it was called, but I remember I really liked it, it was fun. So if my past self had been told that in the future I'd be into an MLP T.V. show, I'd actually probably be okay with that, because of the memories of that computer game.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I guess my past self would probably punch me, and call me a huge fucking pussy.
I'd respond with an uppercut to his (or is that my?) jaw. We'd beat each other to pulp and it would be a huge, bloody fucking mess.

My past self would throw a hissy fit and would assume how much tomboys are better than girly girls.

I'm pretty happy that I don't think this way anymore. :P

• Brohoof 1

My past self would have been extremely skeptical, until I told him that the creator was Lauren Faust, at which point he would have said, "Oh, okay. Makes sense." Unless we're talking a past self of mine that pre-dates Powerpuff Girls, then he would have remained skeptical.

I've been loving MLP since the 80s, it was the perfect combination of cuteness and hardcoreness. Coming with very playful heroes to ruthless villains.

The only thing I would tell my past self is that there would be a new MLP.

I would have been creeped out like most bronies as well we were born into a society devided into pink and blue until now well it still kind of goes but my friends the glass is breaking. Anyway yeah id be creeped out by both watching a so called girly show and by time travel. However mlp fim came out 2010 so we wouldnt exist back then either. Sooo compared to back then times are changing and men and women will hopefully not be judged so viciously for being into such things. I hope.

Past me would be shocked, and likely shrug and say "okay", the only alterations to my timeline would be that I started watching it sooner, and of my own accord. I've always had a very "whatever works" personality about most things. :muffins:

Possible conversation

Future Me: "Yeah. So. In the future you're going to like a show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic."

Past Me: "Huh? Really? Why the hell for? Anime is soooooooooo much better! Why would I be interested in a show with colorful ponies?"

Future Me: "Why? You know I wouldn't watch anything unless it was really good to begin with."

Past Me: "Yeah, definitely true. So...any certain time in the future I should watch it?"

Future Me: "Just watch out for a TV station called The Hub by Disney."

Past Me: "Right, got'cha. Just so you know, if you came back in time to tell me this then why don't you tell me something useful like...getting rich?"

Future Me: "...Well, I could tell you some numbers for a few lotteries. Only if you promise to watch the show when it begins."

Past Me: "Yeah. Good one. Like I'm not going to listen to my future self for pointing out to me a good show to watch on TV. You know since I got the internet, don't really watch TV. If it was a show that made me get interested in watching TV again then it must be good.

Future Me: "Wow. I was smart when I was young..."

Past Me: "Damn right I am. Now where's those numbers?"

-------------------------------------------------

Bottom line, my younger self would listen to future me and became a brony a lot earlier than it took me. 

Edited by Astral Legend

My past self would be freaking out in all kinds of ways, and unless I wanted to create a temporal paradox, I'd have to show my past self the show itself just so he wouldn't do something drastic. Hmm... And yet, showing him an episode or two would create a paradox anyways... WAIT! Wouldn't the two of us occupying the same space and time be a paradox to begin with?! :wau:

...DOCTOR!!! FIRE UP THE TARDIS!!! :o