Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

211 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

Rainbow Dash is my favourate too.

It may be because I wish I was tougher, more assertive, and a bit less of an "egg head".

But the real reason:

She can clear the skies in ten seconds flat. Living on the wet coast, where it almost always rainy or overcast,

that is... *sniff* Just... Awesome!

• Brohoof 1

My head is still fighting with itself over who is the best pony, so allow me to provide several arguments!

Fluttershy:

She is very cute and, well, shy... Not only do her more pronounce traits contribute to my liking her, but she also can assert herself whenever it is needed the most in order to protect the interests of her friends.

Rarity:

A very beautiful and elegant pony, Rarity has a very attractive character. Although she may seem to be more greedy than her title assumes, she can go out of her way to give somepony a gift that may be essential later on.

Princess Celestia:

The ruler of Equestria for over a thousand years. Being that she assisted in the beginnings of Twilight Sparkle's journey into friendship, it is clear that she was the first embodiment of such values.

Rainbow Dash: Only pony to kick a dragon, only pony to perform a sonic rainboom three times and the only pony to win the Iron Pony contest. And those are just her achievements. She's loyal, pure awesome, she refuses to give into the idea that boys are better athletes then girls, she always learns the best lessons and (I know this is used an awful lot, but I needed to say it) she's 20% cooler then the rest. :)

Edited by Gingerpotato
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite? Duh! Fluttershy! Know why?

Posted Image

Dat plot.

JOKING! Seriously Fluttershy I look at as a female-pony version of myself. I have a lot of "shyness" problems like she does, and I need to be more assertive in life. And of course her... you know... "Squee". Can't help but smile and die of "D'awwww" when I hear it.

• Brohoof 3

I believe my avatar and signature speak for themselves.

As to why I like Twilight so much...while in part it has to do with how I first watched the show, that being I was predisposed to liking her thanks to an excellent review I watched...the truth is she and I are rather similar in a lot of ways. We're both introverted, we're both rather intelligent and studious but lacking in some social skills as well as "street smarts," etc etc. Where we differ is primarily in how successful Twilight is at making good quality friends and in accomplishing her goals. I admire her confidence and the way she can do things I often feel I cannot. I wouldn't necessarily say I look up to her, but I do like everything she's capable of.

Plus, she's just plain funny on a different level from the others, because when I laugh at her antics, it's like I'm laughing at my own silly behavior. I almost never feel that with the other characters, so it allows me to view Twilight in a different way, a deeper appreciation so to speak.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite? Duh! Fluttershy! Know why?

Posted Image

Dat plot.

JOKING! Seriously Fluttershy I look at as a female-pony version of myself. I havet a lot of "shyness" problems like she does, and I need to be more assertive in life. And of course her... you know... "Squee". Can't help but smile and die of "D'awwww" when I hear it.

Truthfully me too. I mean I love sports but just like Fluttershy, I am very shy. And I absolutely love animals just like Fluttershy. And just like Fluttershy most of the time I don't really put my foot down a lot. Mostly I say things to avoid confrontation. In all honesty i would probably relate to Fluttershy the most.

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie!

1)She sings

2)How she treats Gilda (I know what you're up to... great! I'm watching you like a hawk... why? Can't you watch me like a Griffon?) <3

3)She is the ultimate stalker (I mean this in as kind and non-creepy way as possible)

4)I find it hilarious when she looses her mind (poor straight haired Pinkie, but I loved that party of one! XD)

5)She is almost always completely sweet to everyone

6)Her self defined purpose in life is to make other's genuinely happy

7)Her backstory. I feel the same way about rainbows, and also that she took that first glimpse of happiness and thought "How can I make others this happy?" instead of - how can I be happy like this all the time/more often?

8)Her amazing dimension bending powers

9)She's psychic! and how she treats Twilight during Feeling Pinkie Keen - harps back on good attitude.

10)She does what needs to be done, even when no pony will believe her or even stop to listen - entire Parasprite episode - and she doesn't even hold that against them.

11)FOR-REV-VERRR! Her amazing stalking ability involved with making sure Pinkie promises are kept, and how she keeps the sanctity of a promise <3

12) "Rarity catch me!" XD XD XD Chimicherry? Cherrichanga? Chimicherry? Cherrichanga? <3

I'm tempted to re-watch all the episodes out thus far and list everything, but I'll stop here ^^;

• Brohoof 2

This is a tough one. I have a tie for my top spot, and it fluctuates depending on my mood.

Twilight Sparkle: Essentially for the same reasons Kyronea outlined. She's both subtle and overt, and her humor embodied in her aloof nature and deadpan reasoning. She represents the intelligent kid in the room who will genuinely point out the facts of a wayward statement made for giggles. Conversely, when Twilight makes a comment played for laughs, it may not be immediately evident that she was indeed trying to be funny---and it may not always be the case that she was making a joke. Twilight nevertheless cares deeply for her friends and does her best to help them even though she is clearly fallible. In short, she is the most lifelike, for lack of a better term, of the ponies.

I can connect with Twilight's character the most. She really does represent book smart individuals who are at times marginalized because of their intelligence.

Pinkie Pie: Even though she is almost a complete contrast to Twilight in terms of behavior and personality, I love Pinkie's sunny demeanor; I enjoy her character design and mannerisms; I believe they did a wonderful job making her bubbly without transforming her into the typical "annoying idiot" of the group. In many ways, Pinkie is incredibly subtle because of her in-your-face, hyperactive attitude. Each Pinkie-centric episode is often a collage of her cartoonish antics and low-key aspects of her character. Because of this, her traits need to remain in harmony, which means Pinkie is multi-dimensional in a manner most viewers might not appreicate at first, or even second, glance.

Pinkie helps make me feel anchored when I'm upset or distressed. I like to imagine there are many more people in the world who care about others as much as she does but may not be appreciated because of surface traits.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash: Only pony to kick a dragon, only pony to perform a sonic rainboom twice and the only pony to win the Iron Pony contest. And those are just her achievements. She's loyal, pure awesome, she refuses to give into the idea that boys are better athletes then girls, she always learns the best lessons and (I know this is used an awful lot, but I needed to say it) she's 20% cooler then the rest. :)

Im not sure, but actually she might have done the sonic rainboom again in lesson zero

• Brohoof 1

Of course it's got to be Twilight, I mean c'mon any character that goes in to a full mental breakdown is just top tier in my book. She kind of even looks like Stocking from that one anime.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

I'm clearly new here and i can bet that there are many topics about who your favorite character is, but i want to know why. I'll start first

my favorite character is rainbowdash. She is my favorite because she is afraid of failure and only wants to succeed. She also has a very high goal that seems impossible to get to.

I merged your thread with an existing one. Please use the search function next time to see if a topic already exists before starting a new one.

Favorite Main Pony: Fluttershy

Favorite Secondary Character: Princess Luna

Favorite Tertiary Background Character: Derpy Hooves

I know that these may not be the most original three favorite ponies :unsure: but i cant help it, they are still my favorites.

Fluttershy is my favorite pony IMO. Her shyness and just being plain adorable simply makes the show the show what it is. I will never forget in "Sonic Rainboom" (season 1 episode 16), the end with Fluttershy honestly brought a tear to my eye, and I'm a guy. I believe she brings out a side in all of us that is shy and innocent. Coming in a VERY close tied for second; Pinkiepie, and Twilight. Pinkiepie no doubt adds some needed comic relief to the sometimes serious (but still very good) plot to the episodes. Her random outbursts are always funny, and the writers did a great job with her. Twilight is also tied, mainly because she reminds of what everybody strives to be in modern society. Well rounded, has a need to make every pony happy, and doesn't feel the need to brag about her accomplishments.