Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

210 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

• 2 weeks later...

Fluttershy is my favorite of the mane six because she's just cute and fun to watch to me but Rainbow Dash comes in a very close second.

My favorite of secondaries are Scootaloo who is also my favorite crusader along with the other crusader's, I like Scootaloo again, because I think she's cute and because of her attitide.

Favortite Backround ponies are Derpy, Bon Bon, and Lyra and DJ P0N3, can't really think why.

Edited by Treeclimbyou
  • Brohoof 2

Twilight Sparkle and the Great and Powerful Trixie are best ponies because I love how Twilight can be so dorky and I like Trixie's personality and I liked to see the relationship between her and Twilight and because it's so much fun to see her. She's not on this poll, but Sunset Shimmer is also best pony because she's just so awesome! These three are just so cute and adorable. :wub:

Edited by Shimmer Sparkle

Rarity is my favorite of the mane six because she's so classy and fabulous~

I'm also a huge sucker for Diamond Tiara because I love the snobby rich girl type of character.

Honestly though, picking favorites is super hard!  :pout:

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash is my favorite from the whole show. I feel like I can relate to her in a lot of ways. I don't like reading or anything like that, i like being athletic, and hyper most of the time.

But for looks. I guess all the ponies are cute. xD

• Brohoof 2

Huh... seriously, I've never responded to this thread? :wat:  Well, first of all, as I've said before, I have no favorite Mane 6.  While Twilight may be the definitive main character of the show, I've always argued that the group as a whole is reliant on what each member brings to the group to be as special as it is.

Among secondary characters my favorite character is without a doubt Princess Luna, and as for background characters, well, anyone who knows me shouldn't even have to ask. :comeatus:  Derpy Hooves has been almost since Day 1 of my time in the fandom, and always shall be, my best pony in general, and thus is obviously my favorite background character.  :muffins:

sig-4305044.large.jpeg

• Brohoof 2

Ok here we go.

Fluttershy

She is just so freaking adorable and I can relate to how shy she is.  I hate big events and unless I have a friend or two with me I don't even like going to the mall.  Plus I'm a dog trainer so I'm naturally going to gravitate to the one pony with animals all over the place!

Big Mac 

Stable and strong although you don't see him often in the show he is always there when he is needed.  I never really had good male role models in my life so seeing him and his dedication to his family and good old fashioned hard work is refreshing.

Diamond Tiara

When she was a bully she reminded me of several bullies back from my school days who would target me for nothing more than my birthmark.  They make my life a waking nightmare.  I loved to hate her and see her get her comeuppance as it felt like karma hitting my own personal bullies.  When she turned around and I got to see her with her mother all I could think "Good god It's my mom as a pony"  Suddenly the character I loved to hate had me feeling for her (thanks for flipping with my head hasbro).  I'll miss her being the bully but I'm also going to love seeing her do more charity level stuff.

So there you go.  My 3 and the reasons behind each choice.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is actually an easy one for me! My two favourite ponies are Rarity :D and Pinkie :) as they are just solar opposites, and yet they are still alike in some ways!!! Rarity's elegance is so nice, and she is drawn beautifully, but that just makes Pinkies joyful nature and simple character so much more refreshing and fun!!

• Brohoof 2

Over all, Moon Dancer (from the show, not the comics) is my favourite. Books and learning are awesome.

Of the Mane 6 Twilight is my favourite, for the same reasons I like Moon Dancer, though I don't necessarily always follow the rules as she does. If a rule is illogical, then usually I plain out ignore it.

Edited by MindPalace
  • Brohoof 2

medium.png

Captain of The Wonderbolts, and in charge of training the new recruits in the academy. (also knows all of the academy records) Since she is a recurring character instead of a main character, she doesn't show up very often. She was even an antagonist in at least one episode. 

Also, the Swedish VA should be a thing for the English version dammit!

• Brohoof 2

My favorite pony is Sunset Shimmer, although she was never seen or mentioned in the show itself.

I never could identify myself so much with an fictional character than I can with her and the more I know about her the more I see myself. mlp-sunsmirk.png

But if I had to choose a pony from the show I would choose Princess Luna for similar reasons. mlp-lugrin.png

Edited by Fluidty
  • Brohoof 1

Even though I feel like I relate more with Rainbow Dash, my favorite pony without a doubt is definitely Fluttershy. I just love how sweet of a character she is, but, at the same time, she's not entirely bland. She does have her limits so she's not just a pretty face with nothing going on upstairs. I also really love how much development she receives over the course of the 5 seasons from overcoming her fear of failure in Hurricane Fluttershy to overcoming her fear of performing in Filli Vanilli to realizing that the kindest thing you can do to someone is to push them away in It Ain't Easy Bein Breezies. One of my favorite Fluttershy moments was in the Season 5 opener where she was the one to discover that Starlight Glimmer still had her Cutie Mark and then dumped water on her to reveal it, causing the whole infrastructure of the cult to collapse and resulting in everypony getting their Cutie Marks back. I just have a really huge crush on Flutters she's soo lovable.

Also she was just as cute in the Equestria Girls movies as a human. In all seriousness though, to me at least, it doesn't really matter if she's a human or pony. She's beautiful either way.

• Brohoof 2