Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

210 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

Daring Do. Read it and Weep was a better Indiana Jones story than the actual last Indiana Jones film and it's just so much to indulge in this kind of uncomplicated, straightforward adventuring once in a while. Sure Daring's character isn't especially deep, but it doesn't need to be. She's just fun, spunky, and kicks 12 different kinds of ass while dodging transparently gratuitous danger at every turn. Sometimes that's all you need...

I really think Indyhorse needs more love. She's not even an option in the poll for Celestia's sake!

EDIT: Daring desperately needs to be a secret character in The Curious Expedition.

Edited by Captain Trek

My favorite Mane 6 is Rarity because I find her to be the funniest when she breaks character :P

Secondary is a no brainer, King Sombra. I find him to be very interesting and mysterious as well as very dark (also reminds me of Arthas, if I go by the comics as well). 

Tertiary Background character is Derpy because she is funny. 

Pinkie is my favourite of the main cast because she's so funny. Rarity is a close second because Tabitha's voice work is also hysterical. :grin2:

Luna is Best Princess. Also best secondary character.

And who doesn't simply adore Derpy Muffins?

• Brohoof 1

Rarity :3, she has my admiration for making always a surprise where u least expect :D, like the time she abandoned the prize(realizing her dream cannot be lived without her friends). For her friends, or the recent time with her helping rainbow dash with the investigation and beeing a big suport for her :3 soo much love in this character yet so confident at the same time <3

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow dash is my favorite, I like her design the most and her being a tomboy without being a stereotype is a great trait, I also like Pegasi a lot so that helps.

• Brohoof 2

Rarity, hooves down. I really connect with her aside from the whole "fashionista" thing.

Along with Celestia being best secondary character. You just gotta love those motherly characters, even if we don't see her as much.

Tertiary? Octavia. She's just so... [gestures aggressively] elegant.

Edited by Xiflelin
  • Brohoof 1

For some reason I am not allowed to vote in the poll but my favorite main character is Twilight and for the background ponies, I really like the Bon-bon + Lyra duo.

If I had to rank the mane 6 

1.)Everyone should know this I hope :P She's happy, joyful and caring things I love and admire about her. I relate & understand her the best too.

2.) AppleJack- the most underrated character both honest and hard working. High respects to AJ for that. 

3.)Rainbow Dash- She actually went up from being my least favorite to here for one specific reason. She is loyal and perseveres through anything. Very likable aspects from her.

4.)Twilight Sparkle

5.)Rarity

6.)Fluttershy- I don't dislike but reminds me of myself when I was younger... make sure you stand up for yourself and don't rely on others to do that for you. 

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 2

1. RAINBOW DASH. best pony. Loyal, determined, and a great leader. Plus she's got a great color scheme and personality.

2. Rarity.

3. Fluttershy

4. Applejack

5. Pinkie pie

6. Twilight.

gotta say though, I'm expecting this to be moved/merged into the FIM forum any minute now since they have a stick poll on this.

• Brohoof 2

i love fluttershy i relate to her the most. i like vinyl scratch she is awesomely cool.

i also love those Beatles Ponies they show in Party pooped.

my fan made favorite pony is Fluffle Puff.

Edited by alicornbeatles

1. RAINBOW DASH. best pony. Loyal, determined, and a great leader. Plus she's got a great color scheme and personality.

2. Rarity.

3. Fluttershy

4. Applejack

5. Pinkie pie

6. Twilight.

gotta say though, I'm expecting this to be moved/merged into the FIM forum any minute now since they have a stick poll on this.

Honestly this main thread should be reset every year. Backlog of votes makes things not exactly representative of the current fandom.

If this poll was done now, Id bet you that there's a 90% chance that A. Twilight would be a lot higher, B. Dash significantly lower C. much bigger gap between Rarity and Applejack.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

It's been a long time since I looked at this thread, so I decided to change my vote slightly. Still a Twilight Sparkle fan, she's my favorite mane 6, just because I feel like I could probably spend forever just talking with her about the universe. (I'd be endlessly fascinated by magic if it were real too, so I'd be just as enthralled in her books as she is.)

For side characters, I chose Princess Luna, and Celestia. Those two, to me, have the best story, and pretty well sold me on the show from day 1. Their tale only grew more amazing as I went along, seeing both canon and fan made tellings of their unfortunate mishap, and their beautiful reunion, brought about by... yes, my favorite mane 6 pony. I do love all the mane 6, and I see them all as being just as important, regardless of which one I relate to best.

Background characters, I chose Octavia and Vinyl, for my adoration of music, both modern and classical. They are the fusion of the two that makes me realize just how amazing sound can be when you experiment with different ideas and styles. Now if there was a metalhead pony, I'd be voting for them too, but I have yet to see one in the show. xD

Honestly this main thread should be reset every year. Backlog of votes makes things not exactly representative of the current fandom.

If this poll was done now, Id bet you that there's a 90% chance that A. Twilight would be a lot higher, B. Dash significantly lower C. much bigger gap between Rarity and Applejack.

True that. I've actually brought that up with mods on the board before, but they don't really want to get that involved with the poll it seems.

Though, strangely, when I did make a Favorite pony poll this year (made it "different" by adding a couple extra questions as well to it after the favorite poll), Dash still seemed to come out on top with Twilight in the middle

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

True that. I've actually brought that up with mods on the board before, but they don't really want to get that involved with the poll it seems.

Though, strangely, when I did make a Favorite pony poll this year (made it "different" by adding a couple extra questions as well to it after the favorite poll), Dash still seemed to come out on top with Twilight in the middle

I saw and posted in that thread, only got like 20 votes in total I think, really not a big enough sample. Not being a sticky it died too fast. I was amused at how big a flip Rarity got from the "initial best" to "current best" though.