Romantic Relationship involving the Mane 6

Khaoios

Romantic Relationship with the Mane 6  

34 users have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a Romantic Relationship involving the Mane 6

• Yes
    • No
    • Too Early

Well.....here's a question I want to ask all of you.  Would you like to see romantic relationships with the Mane 6.   Like Rainbow Dash and Soarin, having somewhat of a relationship in the series.  Feel free to discuss your opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Now, before the manure-storms come flying in like a hurricane, I'm going to say that I am neither for nor against the idea.

Anything; literally ANYTHING the writers put into the show has the potential to work if it's done well. Romance, as controversial as it may be, is no exception. I've learned to not doubt the writers with scenarios they develop until AFTER I've seen it in action. While the concept of romance feels rather unfitting within the realms of FiM, I believe the writers of the show would have the intelligence to make a fun and believeable love story.

... Hopefully nothing like Equestria Girls pulled out of its flank. <<;

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

In canon, no way. I won't even base my opinion off their little thing with Flash and Twilight. I believe that any canon pairing would immediately go down the drain, if only because of the backlash from us as a fandom.

However, that's not to say I don't like pairings. Some of my favorite fanfiction to read is in FimFiction's Shipping group. Thin ice here, but it's not all bad or clop. Some are really cute. Wow, am I saying that? Yeah, I am. It's cute.

Also, there's Hasbro to contend with. Would they really allow such a thing? Maybe, but I highly doubt it. This is a show geared towards the younger crowd, not to us older people who would appreciate it, if done well.

And yes, the writers may do it well. However, if it does happen, I'm not going to hold out much hope for quality.

Edited by Derpy Defense Force
  • Brohoof 1

I'm against this concept. It just seems like its not needed, nor is it was the show was intended for. Not every show and character needs to have that level of a relationship thrown at them. In some cases it works, but in this case it really doesn't.

The show is about friendship and bonds that ignore differences, going beyond that is just grasping for attention.

Now, before the manure-storms come flying in like a hurricane, I'm going to say that I am neither for nor against the idea.

Anything; literally ANYTHING the writers put into the show has the potential to work if it's done well. Romance, as controversial as it may be, is no exception. I've learned to not doubt the writers with scenarios they develop until AFTER I've seen it in action. While the concept of romance feels rather unfitting within the realms of FiM, I believe the writers of the show would have the intelligence to make a fun and believeable love story.

... Hopefully nothing like Equestria Girls pulled out of its flank. <<;

Lol, I have to agree with you on that.  Don't want the thread to create a wildfire, however you have a point. 

I am not so sure about it.

I wouldn't mind it if it's very well executed however this is a show that has little romance in it and it may feel a bit out of place. Plus I think having romantic relationships like SoarinDash, FlutterMac may be a controversial move as Lauren Faust was against it from the very start, saying that it tends to ruin shows and I can see her point. There has been many a show where I have been quite annoyed by romantic drama.

...also people among the fandom going "die for our ship" may go bezerk over it. =P

This was one of the stipulations Lauren felt strongly about. It's already been violated by Twilight and Flash and Rarity and Trender. With Rarity it makes some sense because she is a hopeless romantic.

Not to mention, keeping their love lives a blank slate keeps both the shippers and the waifu lovers happy.

Rarity and Thunderlane need to get together.

tumblr_mgt5g0HB2e1qc5ffho1_1280.jpg

Pretty please?

Phfft, he'd sneeze on her, and that relationship would be over.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't see a point for adding romances in the show when we've been doing fine without having it as one of the primary elements of the show and whenever it has been given a spotlight, it is one of the weakest and annoying moments presented in an episode in the series.

Giving romantic relationships any head attention in the show will only cause problems as the writers have not proven they can do romances well whether it is because they generally don't want to or not. I'd rather not have it then risk it ruining the show.

Not to mention, look at the Harry Potter and Avatar fandoms to know why shipping wars are terrible.

Edited by Nuke87654

mlfw2503-ea6.gif

Whatever happened to "Love and Tolerate"?

What? I could've said, "he'd sneeze on her, then she'd go apeshit and strangle him for getting germs on her mane".

• Brohoof 1

This was one of the stipulations Lauren felt strongly about. It's already been violated by Twilight and Flash and Rarity and Trender. With Rarity it makes some sense because she is a hopeless romantic.

Not to mention, keeping their love lives a blank slate keeps both the shippers and the waifu lovers happy.

Twilight and Flash, yes but I wouldn't say Rarity and Trender violated any of Lauren's views as it seemed to be more of an echo of the whole Blueblood fiasco.

• Brohoof 2

Rarity and Thunderlane need to get together.

tumblr_mgt5g0HB2e1qc5ffho1_1280.jpg

Pretty please?

You know Rarity is MY waifu  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Thunderlane has no place in our creepy love bond :D

As for the idea itself of a mane 6 relationship, I'll have to say no. I just don't like the idea; I don't want a boyfriend to get into the mix. It wouldn't be the same, honestly. The show is perfect as is, let's not fuck with it and do something drastic :D

What? I could've said, "he'd sneeze on her, then she'd go apeshit and strangle him for getting germs on her mane".

Where are you even getting that?  That is not Rarity's personality.

You know Rarity is MY waifu  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Thunderlane has no place in our creepy love bond :D

Oh, go write that fanfic we all know you want to.

• Brohoof 1

Where are you even getting that?  That is not Rarity's personality.

Unless its her terms, she usually goes nuts when she gets dirty...lord knows how she'd react to germs. :P

I don't mind seeing romance, but I think it's something that's better off in the background, in passing, or teased here or there, especially since romance heavy episodes tend to either suck in the romance department(Flash Sentry and Simple Ways) or are played for laughs(Hearts and Hooves Day). In the end of the day, the only romance that I think is deserving of any praise is Sparity

That said anything that finally kills off the Rainbow Dash is a Lesbian fanon is welcome by me

I think there should be a 4th option for "maybe" or "it depends" because that is pretty much how I feel. I would not mind if any of the mane 6 got into a relationship so long as it was done properly in other words the relationship was allowed  to progress naturally overtime and the stallion in question was more than just some pretty boy arbitrarily shoe horned in to get whatever mare he is dating to drool over him.

• Brohoof 1

I have thought about this, and come to the conclusion that no, a romance involving a main character would not work. It would be too distracting and detract from the themes of friendship that the show has by adding a focus on romance.

Plus, Hasbro is well aware of the fandom and its love of shipping, and wouldn't risk alienating half of its fans with a canon ship.

Kid's shows can and have had romantic plotlines before, though they're normally very tame and cheesy in the extreme. In case we haven't noticed, Rarity has already developed multiple crushes, etc. I can see FIM pulling something along those lines in the later seasons as Faust's vision of the show continues to diminish from the minds of it's active staff. Honestly it wouldn't be detrimental to the point of the show at all. If executed well. It shouldn't become the focus of a character to the detriment of their other traits of said character.

I'm not completely against the idea but I'm completely for the idea. It could work if the relationship is actually developed and you can see the chemistry between them rather than say, "Hey, this character has a crush on this character, now get together." Looking at you Flash Sentry.