Kodiak

If she didn't like the Pilot at all, Im sorry m8, but your chances are pretty slim. Even my friend, who is also a girl, isn't really a brony, but she loved the pilot episodes.

I always suggest the pilot as the first episode, but it really depends on what she likes. She may like some more slice of life ones, like For Whom the Sweetie Bell Tolls, that one was emotional and sweet. She might like adventure, like a Canterlot wedding (the episode that hooked me because it was so action packed), or maybe she might even enjoy EQG, I know a lot of people had EQG as their "hooking episode."

Really you are the only one that really knows what would be best.

• Brohoof 1

I'd start with either Call of the Cutie or Cutie Mark Chronicles because they provide a good explanation on cutie marks and talents.

˙ʎpoqʎuɐ ƃuᴉlooɟ ʇou ǝɹ,noʎ 'sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

I started my friend off with "Applebuck Season." It was still introducing us to the characters but without all the cheesiness of the pilot and also was a pretty good episode in itself.

• Brohoof 1

img-33321-1-pVYYWWh.png

(edited)

I really think the best episode to first show to someone is the first two! Why is that? It's two parts, the way it ends will make them want to see the next part and then the rest of the series! The first one also gives a great introduction to the Mane 6.

Edited by SixShooterOutlaw

sig-33969.sig-33969.sig-33969.sig-33969.
                                                Sig by: Wheatley
 Come ask me stuff!:Ask The Outlaw .  The Quantum Leap Fans Thread  CheesePie FanClub The Baymax Fan Club

I think Party of One, Lesson Zero or any crazy episode are worked only you have some basis  about the characters so they arent good episodes to introduce newcomers. Do not show Action oriented episode, if they dont love "Slice of Life" nature of the show, this show is not for them. Introduce them the pilots then some best slice of life episodes, if they still dont like it, dont need to force them anymore... 

Personally I think if you're going to show someone the show for the first time, stick with the first two seasons, particularly Season 1 in general, especially since the show gets a bit continuity heavy starting with Season 3.

Good starting episodes IMO would be:

Friendship is Magic (ie the pilot)

Dragonshy

Sonic Rainboom

Party of One

The Last Roundup

Hearts and Hooves Day

• Brohoof 1

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

I believe that starting with any episode but the first would just take away from the joy of seeing all the characters introduced for the first time. That being said, for some, other episodes may work better for certain people because they might be willing to sit through one episode, but they might not want to sit through a two-parter. It depends on the person, some people might watch part one then continue on to part two just to see the end of the story started in part one.

• Brohoof 1

For the longest time, I'd always thought that Lesson Zero would be the one to introduce people. Since watching Amending Fences, however, I think that one would be best, as I think it's more enjoyable. It's also one of the best episodes I've seen for a while.

• Brohoof 1

sig-21210.sig-21210.RcRE08O.jpg

"Have you ever felt the need to see more than you can see?"

Est. 1997

I think if you aren't going to go for the first two-part episode then the my recommendation would definitely be The Ticket Master.

It's got a pretty simple plot (who will Twilight take as her plus one to the gala) that focuses on the Mane 6. Each Main character gets their time to show off their personalities and you get elements of great humour. Not to mention the Benny Hill parody scene shows just how far they go when it comes to integrating cultural references.

If the person you're introducing to the show likes what they see and wants to see more then you only have to go back to Friendship is magic parts 1 and 2, skip to Applebuck Season and keep watching in chronological order.

there isn't a german version of bridle gossip..? ... that's.... weird...

there isn't a german version of bridle gossip..? ... that's.... weird...

Oh there is a german version of Bridle Gossip, it's just that Flutterguy really sucks here.

I've usually gone with Lesson Zero, or The Return of Harmony (depending on how long I reckon I can get away with  :lol: )

*Insert deep, intelligent and witty signature here*

Ja7HCEX.png?1

(edited)

What to NOT show is anything from after season 3. Your friend might notice that Twilight Sparkle has wings and have the biggest plot twist in the show spoiled for him. Stick to the earlier seasons.

Of course, the best place to start is the first episode then working your way through the show in order, but if you want to convince someone to stick around because the beginning is not as good, that might not be possible.

What IS a good episode depends on your friend's taste. If he likes adventure, Dragonshy might be good. If he prefers a slice of life, Party of One is a popular choice.

Edited by Manman20x6

I SHIP FLUTTERSHY X BULK BICEPS SO HARD

Also, I really like Cloudchaser's mane!