Daylight Savings Time Everybody and Every-Pony

Sholem Itzhak

Ugh... Nothing good ever comes out of Springing Forward.

It means losing an hour of sleep/my weekend, it means complications while working (since I work nights, we have to take lunch at a different time), it means the sun directly in my eyes when I get out of work, and worst of all, it means Spring. T_T

• Brohoof 2

Not Daylight Savings time yet in Ireland, the UK or Europe, so It's not for "everypony" ;)

No Daylight savings time in Arizona, either. We explain it as "WHO THE HELL NEEDS MORE DAYLIGHT IN ARIZONA?". 

It makes it pretty annoying with organizing things with other time zones, and I'll get really confused when I move somewhere else and they have to change their clocks partway through the year. That's not logical, people.

• Brohoof 1

No Daylight savings time in Arizona, either. We explain it as "WHO THE HELL NEEDS MORE DAYLIGHT IN ARIZONA?". 

It makes it pretty annoying with organizing things with other time zones, and I'll get really confused when I move somewhere else and they have to change their clocks partway through the year. That's not logical, people.

It is logical, as it saves on electricity.

Back when it was invented, the governments at the time wanted people to get up earlier, but they knew nobody would, so instead, they told eveyrone to change their clocks. Simples :3

• Brohoof 2

Back when it was invented, the governments at the time wanted people to get up earlier, but they knew nobody would, so instead, they told eveyrone to change their clocks. Simples :3

Alrighty. I suppose it's my bias, as it's actually very inefficient in this state due to how long there's daylight in the summer. If we observed it, we'd have fewer hours to spend after the sun goes down and use more money on air conditioning. It gets very hot here, what with the state containing the two sunniest cities in the world, so the region becomes semi-nocturnal.  ;)

The sun comes up a little after 5:00 in the morning in June, so it's not like there'd any use to moving it ahead. Nobody would be awake to enjoy the extra darkness before temperatures reached the triple digits (in Celsius terms, before they broke 40 degrees). 

• Brohoof 1

It means losing an hour of sleep/my weeke

Ugh I don't like Daylight savings...I lose an hour of sleep....

Remember that extra hour of sleep you had last fall?  Well now it's time to give it back.  :P  It all works out in the end. 

I personally like Daylight savings. In late June it doesn't get dark here until almost 9 pm.  :)

Well actually it was first used to save energy and mainly fuel during both World Wars. Afterwards governments realized it would be beneficial to keep it save energy in general and so they did. 

I wish that everyone in the world would changed ther clocks at the same time cuz right now since we all do ti at different times it messes up the time zones and flight schedules..

(edited)

Why can't we just have just one logical and global time system that doesn't depend on the relative location of the sun? Time zones and this leaping forward and backwards nonsense is silly, it's 2014!... I still got to sleep in regardless, but it's a bother changing every device in the house with a clock on it.

Edited by Celtore

I used to in Oregon, but shazam, I don't have to worry daylight savings in Arizona because we basically have no seasons anyway! Why care about the amount of sunlight changing? :P

Don't really care much for DST this time around. This winter was extremely gloomy with all the snow, so I find extra light outside to be better.

Consider it Time Travel.........

(edited)

I can understand your complaints; but all this complaining is very un-brony like. This purpose of this posting was for us to have fun, not complain.

I'm beginning to wonder if most users of this forum are taking Bronydom seriously and I'm questioning whether I should stay here.

Edited by Sholem Itzhak

Getting used it is a huge pain in the ass but once I am used to it I do like daylight savings time, to quote Pinkie Pie in this one fanfic I read "more sun means more fun." I get up fairly early anyway because I like the extra time I get during the day (and because I work a 6AM-3PM shift 2 days a week). I am just glad that usually happens on Sunday when I am usually off from work, it makes the transition a bit smoother.