Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When do you become a true brony?

Rarity Paige Belle

You are a true Brony when you realize you are a Brony. You don't need to do something special to be a "true" Brony. Other than watch the show heheh. So I'd say you've been a true Brony for a long time :)

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 2

After you pass through the seven trials of Zulgore and return the king to his rightful position on the throne!... Nah, you're a true brony when you can identify as a fan of the series in some form or another. It's just a title to identify the fandom, by default you're "true" :)

Edited by Celtore

There's a ceremony. First, there must be a Brony in good standing who proposes you for membership. Then there's a call and response section between the prospective Brony and the Big Mac, to affirm their good Original Character. The assembly trots three times deocil around the prospect, praising Celestia, and then three times widdershins, praising Luna. The Big Mac then taps the prospect with the rod of Twilight, and we have a new Brony!

:comeatus:

• Brohoof 3

The moment you realize, that pic looks like Twilight and Spike are trying to catch a free ride, by hiding in your box.

• Brohoof 1

You become a true brony after 10000 posts

I don;t have single bit of MLP merchandise. That may have to do with the fact I'm 14 and therefore have no steady income to be able to have the money to buy anything...

I became a brony when I realized that despite my best efforts to deny it, I really did love the show. So I gave up trying, and said "What the Hay! I'm a brony!" And I don't care who knows it.

• Brohoof 1

You become a true brony after 10000 posts

I don;t have single bit of MLP merchandise. That may have to do with the fact I'm 14 and therefore have no steady income to be able to have the money to buy anything...

Plushies are really expensive.

(Vaporeon is best pony btw)

You become a true brony once you do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0u0GipNGuM

All jokes aside-

You don't really have to do anything to become a "true brony". As long as you are fine with the fact that you watch mlp, and you really have no shame (why would you anyways) in being one, then you are a true brony

Edited by TheChosenPony
  • Brohoof 1

When you move back into your mom's house.

One morning you'll wake up and find a fedora on your head, but have no idea where it came from. Oddly, you'll find that you think you look good in it.

Then, you will be a brony.

• Brohoof 1

That's not the real question you should be asking. The real question is, "Why should I care?"
I still to this day do not understand people's need to stamp themselves with these kinds of labels.
When people ask whether or not I'm a brony, I tend to answer with "That depends on you. I don't use the term myself, but you are free to call me whatever you wish."

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur
  • Brohoof 1

You must first defeat Sheng Long if you ever wish to become a true brony.

I felt like a true brony once I realized I binge watched all of S2 in one sitting but as long  as you enjoy the show then you are a "true brony"

TBH, watching a show is not enough to be a fan ( brony ) yet. You need to hype over community, the show and merchandise 24/7, to be one. Of coure, not literally.

I don't think there is such a thing as a "true brony". It just comes down to some fans being more eccentric than others.

A brony is a brony.