Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else think Maud Pie is the funniest character of the show?

Champion RD92

See I know they were going for dry humor, but again, just something about the way she said her lines was a little too flat to work for me.  Went from being dry humor to boring as a result, at least for me it did.

I did hear a lot about how most people didn't like the dry humor when it got boring, understandable.

Im gonna be honest...............I didn't understand the character at all.  All i saw was a down, depressed character, who reminded me of Raven from Teen Titans, by the way she spoke and her responses as if she could care less, in a way. 

"It's kind of like hide-and-seek, but waaay moire intense... "

That was definitely one of the few times I laughed out loud at something in MLP. In fact, this whole episode had my full attention. Great character. I was skeptical up until the end when they proved she had emotions. 

Edited by Solar-Wind

She is probably one of the funniest characters, IMO. I was laughing out loud all the way through the ep (even watched it twice in a row! Which I never do!) I especially loved the part where she says: "it tastes like apples." 

Yeah, exactly, she just has that really monotone voice and then her lines are just like "It's a rock." or "It tastes like apples." and it's so funny xD

For me what got me hooked was her first "joke"  Where Rarity asked her what her dress was saying, and she was like, "It doesn't talk. It's a dress." It was such an unexpected answer that I burst out laughing for like two minutes. And of course they really sold the ending with Maud showing she kept all the necklaces Pinkie gave her and finally smiling while saving she loves her sister.  One of the best episodes of season 4 to me as I am a huge fan of literal/dry humor.

Im gonna be honest...............I didn't understand the character at all.  All i saw was a down, depressed character, who reminded me of Raven from Teen Titans, by the way she spoke and her responses as if she could care less, in a way. 

I feel like they should've hired whichever writer comes up with Raven's lines for that episode. I think Raven is the funniest character ever, I mean, that line "evil beware. we have waffles." is perhaps the funniest line ever xD

Or they should've at least made her a bit snarky/sarcastic.

I really only find her funny in juxtaposition with pinkie. Unless pinkie is around, or partaking in the events of the shot, Maud is rather boring. But with her emotionless attitude, in the same place as pinkies over the top absurdness, it makes for a great juxtaposition. 

(edited)

Maud Pie is by far one of the greatest characters out of this show. My second favorite character to Cheerilee. She is a funny character and its really cool how polar opposite she is from Pinkie Pie. I hope to see much more from this character hopefully. That straightforwardness about her is the best.

Edited by Lucky Dice
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, exactly, she just has that really monotone voice and then her lines are just like "It's a rock." or "It tastes like apples." and it's so funny xD

The part when she throws the rock when she was with rainbow dash and how she smashed the crap out of the bolder was the coolest parts to me.

• 4 months later...

I personally do not think she is the funniest overall in the show. However, with her character being the opposite/contrast to what we have grown used to with all the other characters in the show over the duration of 4 seasons really made her stand out and leave a mark. Not to mention being the polar opposite of Pinkie Pie. I'd say she was the funniest in that specific episode...I do not think she would do well being "stuck" into other episodes. It was an episode for her....and she was funnier than Pinkie Pie could ever be in that context....

Maud is great, I would put Rarity and Pinkie ahead of her though, they're the 2 funniest in the show IMO :maud:

• 6 years later...