Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one on this forum who likes Celestia?

Rarity Paige Belle

I love Celestia! She is vastly underrated compared to Luna. I have always loved her from the beginning because of how loving she is for a ruler of a whole land. Even though she has created plotholes, they usually don't bother me at all, and I just focus on how much I just friggin' love her.

Also, is it really true that people have been hating on Celestia for fanon reasons? That is absolutely no way to determine which characters you like and dislike, in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

I have always admired Princess Celestia, she has grace and charm, with a playful tricky side to her, as we have seen in "The Best Night Ever" or "A Bird in the Hoof", which I think gives her much depth, rather than a serious stern political leader. Princess Celestia was also a teacher to Twilight Sparkle, teaching her magic and knowledge, so she had to spare some time between office and tutoring, that takes dedication, most people these days lack, yet it is the tender side of Celestia I love, as she welcomed her sister back from her banishment, and as she welcome Twilight Sparkle to her ascension, it must have been an emotional enter-feeling for her to experience. Now I have noticed, many bronies dislike her for being weak, even though Queen Chrysalis had been feed off magic for days or even weeks, or accuse her off banishing Luna, but it was not easy for her to cope with that turmoil, we saw that in the season four première, or say she is a tyrant, when we don't see her oppressing ponies, finally other fans say she does not govern enough, but the ponies govern themselves quite efficiently, I think we are so use to our own leaders, we somehow put our frustrations out on Celestia. I also think that people are so caught up in their fan fictions, they have come to believe that Celestia is a dictator or too perfect, so they ignore the Celestia we have seen on the show, although we have not seen much of her or Luna on MLP -FiM, we have gotten enough development to see with unbiased eyes, that Celestia is a good pony, and the other ponies have seen that more plainly than we have, I adore Celestia and I remain her loyal fan.        

Edited by Emperor Peter
  • Brohoof 2

I have always admired Princess Celestia, she has grace and charm, with a playful tricky side to her, as we have seen in "The Best Night Ever" or "A Bird in the Hoof", which I think gives her much depth, rather than a serious stern political leader. Princess Celestia was also a teacher to Twilight Sparkle, teaching her magic and knowledge, so she had to spare some time between office and tutoring, that takes dedication, most people these days lack, yet it is the tender side of Celestia I love, as she welcomed her sister back from her banishment, and as she welcome Twilight Sparkle to her ascension, it must have been an emotional enter-feeling for her to experience. Now I have noticed, many bronies dislike her for being weak, even though Queen Chrysalis had been feed off magic for days or even weeks, or accuse her off banishing Luna, but it was not easy for her to cope with that turmoil, we saw that in the season four première, or say she is a tyrant, when we don't see her oppressing ponies, finally other fans say she does not govern enough, but the ponies govern themselves quite efficiently, I think we are so use to our own leaders, we somehow put our frustrations out on Celestia. I also think that people are so caught up in their fan fictions, they have come to believe that Celestia is a dictator or to perfect, so they ignore the Celestia we have seen on the show, although we have not seen much of her or Luna on MLP -FiM, we have gotten enough development to see with unbiased eyes, that Celestia is a good pony, and the other ponies have seen that more plainly than we have, I adore Celestia and I remain her loyal fan.

Will you be reading the comics where in a parallel universe she's evil?

Your not alone, there are many people that like Celestia! I personally prefer Luna over Celestia, because of the fact Luna is just like everyone, Celestia is perfect on the show. But I do like Trollestia´s side of Celestia! 

• 7 years later...

I love so many people here who loves Celestia and many other like her. Actually I don't know anypony who hates her. So to answer your question: No, you are not.

• Brohoof 2