Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one on this forum who likes Celestia?

Rarity Paige Belle

People typically prefer Luna, it's true. Especially with all the 'joke' versions of Celestia running around, Molestia, Tyrantlestia. A lot of people seem to think Celestia is too perfect (or, more recently, too much of a wimp), and that's fine on them, but I personally prefer sunbutt and think canon has shown us that Celestia has enough of a playful trickster mentor within her to make her interesting

• Brohoof 2

I still like Celestia, even when I prefer Luna over her. Celestia is a ruler who doesn't mind having fun to step out of her comfort zone, to have fun with her subjects just like Luna. So, you are not the only one.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer Celestia over Luna myself. I do think that Celestia gets more hate than she really deserves, which is why I hope the next arc can alleviate her position in the fandom as she solely needs it.

I actually like Celestia more than Luna, her wise but kind of easygoing motherly mentor role and the fact that she had to live with the fact that she banished her sister for thousand years, guilt and all, would make her really interesting if expanded upon... the problem is that she just gets no development outside the comics...

I love her, the canon her.

Though I dislike the many of fandom's versions of her, such as TCB Celestia.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 1

Celestia is not my favorite but I do prefer her over Luna. Firstly, she seems to have much more of a character and has played a much more important and active role in the show. Secondly, Luna is at fault for not understanding that ponies sleep at night and do stuff in the day.

I personally love Princess Celestia, as she's my favorite Princess. She's probably in my top 5 of favorite characters since of how regal and responsible she is especially along with her gorgeous color scheme. She gets way too much hate.

I have always had an affinity toward the moon and night. I worked night shift for 3 years and loved it. So for me, it was natural for me to gravitate to luna because of my previous disposition.

Nope. Celestia is not only my favorite princess, but quite possibly my favorite non-Mane 6 character. To me she comes off as a reasonable authority figure that, while forced to act all regal such would rather be treated no different than everyone else. Plus, I love her overall design and color scheme. 

Also, may I kindly direct you attention to MLPForums Celestia Fan Club. Trust me, you'd be surprised how many people have an affinity for the solar princess.

*Opens thread, trying to figure out how to put the word "No" into 20 letters just so the OP can be informed*

After reading the latest comics she's actually become my favourite pony, overtaking Pinkamena, however it seems noone else on here likes her.

img-2435959-1-f26.png384676597994a936937da3059a2f7b28c3d1c675bc76af5d589c60fade9abe11d490629d97b2dfc4

let-me-tell-2tse8m.jpg

Celestia is my favorite pony, and has been for a long, long time. I love everything about her. She is, by far, the most underrated pony. I could seriously rant for days on end about why she is the best pony.

Edited by Singularity
  • Brohoof 5

Are you asking "like" as in actual liking or favorite princess?

I don't know that many people who think Celestia is best princess.

But, I would think that most people would like her as a character overall.

I know I do, I mean, she was Twilight Sparkle's mentor, I'm basically obligated to like her. ^^

I'm kidding, I would like her either way. ^^

*Opens thread, trying to figure out how to put the word "No" into 20 letters just so the OP can be informed*

img-2435959-1-f26.pngimg-2435959-2-384676597994a936937da3059aimg-2435959-3-bc76af5d589c60fade9abe11d4

img-2435959-4-let-me-tell-2tse8m.jpg

Celestia is my favorite pony, and has been for a long, long time. I love everything about her. She is, by far, the most underrated pony. I could seriously rant for days on end about why she is the best pony.

What do you think about the fact that in the comics we're gonna see an evil Celestia?post-24783-0-22769500-1395513461_thumb.jpg

No, you're not.

I liked it when she effortlessly broke Twilight's "Want It, Need It" spell in Lesson Zero and used a spell even Discord couldn't break in Keep Calm And Flutter On.

Edited by Anti-Villain

I like Celestia when she lightens up a bit. You know, when everypony else is acting all serious around her, she tries to lighten the mood by pulling a joke once in awhile. But I am hoping that it will be proven she's not always as perfect as she may seem, she clearly wasn't in the beginning of Season 4. I mean come on she and Luna got kidnapped by plants! Guess she and Luna aren't that perfect lol

One of my favorite scenes of her when Twilight is freaking out over her friends:

Edited by Lightning Bliss
  • Brohoof 2

GLORY! Glory to the mightly Sun-flanked Princess! For it be large enough to bare ALL the light of Equestria.....Celestia is best princess, period.

If what you're basically saying is that the reason that Celestia is best Princess is that she has the biggest ass, I agree.

• Brohoof 1