Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dumbest fears as a kid

~Sugar Sprinkles~

I was terrified of the guy from the board game "Operation." That fear stuck with me for years and years. I'd have to run out of the bathroom because while it was making the loud, terrifying flushing sound is when he'd come up from the toilet and stab me with a syringe. Sleeping with a pillow on my backside was the only line of defense against it.

I was a very strange little kid... ._.;

I was scared of these things. Because I am a tech nerd :P

Pc bluescreens

Console error screens

Now the standard stuff

Mirrors. (Bloody mary stuff sparked that)

The basement

Dark silent rooms

And also ghosts :)

I could tolerate spiders, clowns, the dark, etc. However, I could not stand bees, and I still can't to this day. I originally had a minor fear of bees, but the point where I really feared them started when I witnessed one of my step siblings get swarmed by bees.

I can't stand waiting for them to go away whenever they're nearby. I don't know if I unintentionally angered them, or if I might accidentally touch one if I fidget. You would think that over time, I would get over fears like this.

Nope!

Thanks to the internet, I now know about Giant Asian Hornets; wasps that have acidic venomous stings, and can chase people for miles.

I used to watch a lot of horror movies when I was little so I was always scared at night when I had to go to sleep that I would be killed by some murderer out of a movie. This is where I got my fear of the dark too. Whenever I slept I didn't dare look up because I thought that I would see some silhouette of a figure standing in my door way about to murder me (Yes it sound ridiculous but it's true). I slept with the hallway lights on too because it helped me to sleep and made me feel safer. This fear lasted up until I was 8.

I was terrified of "Raw Head Bloody Bones", which is some skeleton pirate or whatever my dad always told me about. It sucked taking the trash out at night, was always scared he was gunna pop out of the woods. Also bigfoot and aliens (which sucked because I really liked watching the documentaries but then I'd be terrified after). And of course, like any other kid, the dark!

Edited by NotoriousSMALL

• 3 weeks later...

I was mainly scared of the dark. And it didn't help that my sister loved to hide in dark rooms and jump out at me.  >_>

I also thought there were monsters under my bed, and if I didn't run when getting out of bed, they'd grab my ankle and pull me into their lair. 

Fans.

Like ceiling fans, fans on the floor. Any type of fan.

I was afraid they'd suck me into a different dimension. I was weird kid.

I didn't like the ceiling fan in my bedroom. Specifically the strings attached to them (you know, the ones you pull to regulate fan speed and such). The beads hanging from them looked like gun barrels to me, and I was afraid that it would randomly shoot me (... I had a very overly active imagination, as you probably guessed). 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

What was the dumbest thing that scared you as as a kid.

I was scared of that klasky csupo face logo after rugrats episodes. I would hide under the covers so he wouldn't eat me in my sleep.

My cousin was scared of Mickey mouse clubhouse when she was little and had nightmares of the clubhouse closing with her inside of it.

Tell me your funny stories of stupid things that scared you below.

• Brohoof 2

Hmm. I was afraid of dolls. Terrified. I grew out of it, though, but I still find them creepy. xD

I was afraid of the dark.. and, surprisingly, I was afraid of dwarf people. Of course, I am obviously no longer afraid of them. <3