Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dumbest fears as a kid

~Sugar Sprinkles~

I was terrified of vampires back in the day. I still don't really understand why those scared me more than most anything else in terms of fictional things.

In terms of real-life, whether or not I realized it at the time I think my biggest fear was abandonment/being lost. When I was a little kid I had multiple dreams in which I was lost in some way, and I had multiple dreams in which my parents had disappeared and I was trying to find them. Thankfully, my parents were (and are) always there for me in real-life, so while it was a deep fear of mine it didn't manifest in reality.

• Brohoof 1

In terms of real-life, whether or not I realized it at the time I think my biggest fear was abandonment/being lost. When I was a little kid I had multiple dreams in which I was lost in some way, and I had multiple dreams in which my parents had disappeared and I was trying to find them. Thankfully, my parents were (and are) always there for me in real-life, so while it was a deep fear of mine it didn't manifest in reality.

... I had fear or being left alone too. It even manifested into dreams...

This is so embarrassing. One reoccurring dream I had was basically :

I was with my family at the beach. I was probably like six or seven. I was making a sandcastle. When I was finished, I looked up to show my parents. Everyone was gone. The beach was empty. And I hear A distorted voice saying, "Ohhh yeahh". I look and.. The Kool Aid Man was coming towards me in slow motion. I woke up from that "Nightmare" often.

I was scared of getting sucked down the bathtub drain, admittedly.

• Brohoof 1

Biggest fear.... hmmmm

Ok my biggest fears as a kid were fear of the dark, heights, and creatures under my bed and in the closet (only at night though) 

Now ive realized my biggest fears were actually fear of whats in the dark and what I cant see, fear of falling from a high place (probably because im so clumsy, I fall up stairs) and fear of the unknown. After taking the time to understand the fears I had as a kid and the fears I still have, I can learn to face and combat them.

Spiders. My mom always have these fun stories on how I completely froze whenever I see a spider, no matter how far or small it actually was. Darkness was okay for little young me, height I could enjoy, but god forbid if there's an eight legged freaks somewhere in my periphery.

Nowadays that fear had transformed into a very destructive tendencies where I would spare no expense on making sure that the little prick is dead and splattered under whatever heavy things I can grab without looking away :okiedokielokie:

I was afraid that in the bath I would be pushed down the plug hole by my rubber duck and squished... I was a weird child  :o (All because of that Cbbc television show!)

Edited by Miss.RariDash

I was afraid of the car wash. All the moving parts like the spinning brushes always intimidated me, plus it was rather loud so I would go as far as to open the door and walk out if my parents were thinking about driving in :unsure:.

And a whole lot of other stuff (like dogs, roller coasters, heights (lol), bleh).

• 4 weeks later...

Sink drains, bathroom tub drains, anything small and "holey" I was so afraid of. Why you ask? I watched Stephen King's IT when I was young and it practically scared me on a daily basis. I got over it though. I was also afraid of underneath dark stairways, from of course, Stephen King's The Crate. He's a genius in making me afraid. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

I was scared to get sucked down the drain in the bathtub.

I almost never wanted to take a bath because of that, but my mother forced me to xD It was such a dumb fear, I mean, being scared of the dark was more explainable than mine. I was never scared of the dark though, but sure enough, a bathtub drain would suck me down xD bahaha.

My dad. I was always afraid of getting him angry. Our family was troubled back then, to say the least.

But nowadays me and him are on good terms, thankfully :)

• Brohoof 1

The Blob was my childhood fear, whether it was the original 1958 film, or the 1988 remake, this formless slime scared me, particularly the fact that nothing could stop the blob, shooting it, setting it on fire, or obstacle could stop the blob, only cold could paralyse the blob, for I had a fire extinguisher in my room, that provided me some comfort while I dealt with that fear, since CO2 fire extinguishers were used in the first film to freeze the blob, it worked until the blob no longer scared me, now I watch both movies and enjoy them.   

Heights, sleeping in the dark, and the police. Even though I was a good child, I still was afraid of the police for no reason whatsoever. They just... were scary, and that they would take me away for a crime I didn't do.

• Brohoof 1

I used to be scared of the paranormal, more specifically ghosts.

It was the creepiness of it I found terrifying as well as fascinating.

I also used to hallucinate a creepy ghost woman in the garage of my house as a kid. I still can't look into the garage at night until the light has come on.

Edited by Scootaloodle
  • Brohoof 1

I also used to hallucinate a creepy ghost woman in the garage of my house as a kid. I still can't look into the garage at night until the light has come on.

Now that you mentioned it, I used to think there were bats living in my garage, too.

• Brohoof 1

I was afraid of TV/Computer screens in the dark. Now, I wonder what kind of horror movie could scar someone like that.

Now I'm just afraid of thugs in the street and clowns. Not much of an improvment.