Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old do you have to be to become a brony?

14griffin

Two years of age is close to the intended age group. But, for the title brony/pegasister, the general accepted age is atleast 12.

So, I'm too young to be a brony? I'm 11 ._.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I said accepted. Which means most people won't consider them one until they are atleast 12 for whatever reason. I disagree with that stance though.

Edited by Quille The Pony.

WHAT!?

Actual reasonable grammar below 12 years old!? Such tremendous horror! What has the world come to? You're supposed to do stuff like... playing CoD and obsessively swearing over the microphone...in the darkness of your room!!!

Nah, just kidding. :P If my predictions about you are correct, then it's the kids such as you who actually give me some faith in humanity. Congrats!

As for the on-topic thingy, "brony" itself is actually a questionable and unofficial slang term. At first it was oriented around males, but over time females also adapted the term "brony", in preference over "pegasister". It shifts all the time.

On a different side though, I think bronies are just simply as put, the people who watch MLP beyond the target demographic, which I think includes gender as well. So yes, I suppose the 2 year old from the OP's post might be a brony. And Ryan, you as well.

• Brohoof 2

well iv stated before you become a brony when you decide to take the nameand exspress your enjoyment of mlp and dont let anyone tell you other wise, however i do belive there is a age limit because i dought a 10 year old would enjoy the show for the same reasons we do so i think theres a maturity to it all.

Who said you have to be or enough to have a burning passion for the show?

Posted Image

When I was growing up, I had near the same amount of affection I have for MLP, for things like video game franchises, TV shows, etc., even when I probably could not comprehend most of the context that I do now.

Who said you have to be or enough to have a burning passion for the show?

Posted Image

When I was growing up, I had near the same amount of affection I have for MLP, for things like video game franchises, TV shows, etc., even when I probably could not comprehend most of the context that I do now.

Eh? Nah, can't see anyone. Although that one guy up above is right with one thing. Younger audiences could watch MLP FiM for different reasons than we do.

Younger audiences can watch it, but probably wouldn't, due to the critical stage of being a man and peer pressure. Stuff like that.

It's a shame, really.

• 8 months later...

i was just thinking about this.. its a good question like if a six year old watches hes just a kid but what about a ten year old? im 14 and i defiantly classify as a brony so what do you think the youngest a brony is can be 

Anypony can be a Brony If they want to.

The herd is for people of all ages. :)

And to answer your question, If a six-year-old wants to be a Brony, he has every right to.

There's no age restriction with being a brony. Heck, if six year olds want to be bronies, let them. Just keep them away from sites like Derpibooru...

Idk I just consider anyone outside the target demographic a brony. Thats how I always thought of it really. Peoples definition of "brony" Differ alot, some don't even like the term at all. So it kinda depends on who you ask.

I think that any boy who likes MLP is a brony. I'd give a six year old boy a brohoof anytime.

Girls though, I'd say that it wouldn't be about age but rather about whether or not they watch other shows like MLP on a regular basis. If the girl is more into stuff about teen drama or comedy or whatever, or they prefer Jane Austen type movies or shows and they like MLP in spite of this, then I would call her a brony. But I wouldn't call a six year old girl a brony unless she wanted to be called a brony. :)

You don't actually have to be a certain age in order to call yourself a brony. My 5 year old cousin likes mlp:fim,and i would call him a brony (Though he probaly does'nt know what a brony is though).

• Brohoof 1

There aren't any restrictions. Anyone regardless of age, ethnicity, or gender who likes the show is automatically a brony, whether he or she knows diddly squat about the fandom or likes the term.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

I think someone is a brony if they consider they're a brony. I don't really think it's anything you can accomplish by age.

I guess if you're familiar with the fandom and you like and and want to consider yourself one, then you are

Reminds me of Max Gilardi, actually. (Creator of the PONY.MOV series on YouTube) He said he's into MLP, but he doesn't actually consider himself a brony.