S04:E25+26 - Twilight's Kingdom  

702 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

With Twilight being affirmed as a full princess now though, it is just going to feel odd seeing her in slice of life episodes. She is now a princess, and must maintain friendship and harmony throughout the land. And as for adventure arcs, unless they pull some really emotionally heavy stuff out they can never really top this. It's like the just finished doing everything they set out to do in episode one, and now I just wonder were they can go next.

She's a princess since the season 3 finale, and the episodes from the season 4 don't have much difference with the episodes of the previous seasons.

They have their super-charged thingie where their manes go all wacky n stuff, but how does that work? Can they transform at will or do they need all 6 together? Well, with that, the elements of harmony are now obsolete. Can't wait to see what hasbro got for us.

"*siren sounds* That's it! It is all over! #MLPSeason4 has come to a close with a thriller! What a moment in #MyLittlePony history!"

So I may have gotten a little too carried away with that tweet when the episode ended, but after many a late night stint watching season four unfold before the eyes of the world live through various time zone changes, I can say that this season finale really brought out the best that the My Little Pony franchise had to offer.

Now normally I would pick out a few sections to write about, there were so many moments that the finale produced that actually, I can't pick out a particular part of the finale to write about here due to the amount of content involved.

But if you want to know, I have written my full thoughts on the finale on my blog if anyone is interested:

http://www.fromtheexec.net/2014/05/the-grand-final-twilights-kingdom.html

She's a princess since the season 3 finale, and the episodes from the season 4 don't have much difference with the episodes of the previous seasons.

They got away with that in a way as she was a new princess, and she was unsure of her role. She still had to learn her place in the kingdom, and what she was going to be doing. Now she is going to fall to the same issue they had with AJ during season 1 and 2 as Twilight has now reached a point were they can be complacent with her. She now knows her destiny, and exactly what she must do. Her journey of self discovery and learning friendship is over now.

Omg, My Little Pony turned into an anime! xD

PS: I love it!    :)

Giving Twiligh all the unicorn magic so she could beat Tirek was plan B

Then what was plan A in giving Twiligh all the magic? Hide. Until what?  ^_^

When will the mane 6 actually use the thrones in the castle?

How can stealing the magic of the ponies also steal their cutie mark?

It's like he is stealing their destiny.

Song was kinda sweet, but I doubt I will revisit it.

00659b4e-1903-4d39-a5b7-f9c5c6de251b_zps Awesome!   :lol:

Discord is finally fully redeemed as a good guy.

"Come on Boneless, give us the keeey!"

They got away with that in a way as she was a new princess, and she was unsure of her role. She still had to learn her place in the kingdom, and what she was going to be doing. Now she is going to fall to the same issue they had with AJ during season 1 and 2 as Twilight has now reached a point were they can be complacent with her. She now knows her destiny, and exactly what she must do. Her journey of self discovery and learning friendship is over now.

You're right.

Maybe we'll see Twilight less frequently than before...

I think I like Twilight's new castle home with the round table surrounded by throne chairs. It reminds me of King Arthur and his knights. Except it's Princess Twilight Sparkle with her pony knights of her round table. (and Spike)

I seen how Tirek only found out abut Princess Twilight Sparkle, when he seen the fancy window art of her in Celestria's castle. They should have known better than to have windows like that in plain view.

I'm not sure if the Discord teaming up with Tirek and winding up getting bettrayed scenario is cliche or not.

Have I seen evidence of Discord-Fluttershy shipping here?

Omg, My Little Pony turned into an anime! xD

PS: I love it!    :)

Giving Twiligh all the unicorn magic so she could beat Tirek was plan B

Then what was plan A in giving Twiligh all the magic? Hide. Until what?  ^_^

When will the mane 6 actually use the thrones in the castle?

How can stealing the magic of the ponies also steal their cutie mark?

It's like he is stealing their destiny.

Song was kinda sweet, but I doubt I will reviswesome!   :lol:

Discord is finally fully redeemed as a good guy.

"Come on Boneless, give us the keeey!"

Well it wa more the magic that makes the cutie marks afterall, no magic, no marks simple

So awesome and yet such a let down at the send.  Rainbow powers umm yay, I blinked what happened

I compiled the song and video from Shady Bubble's post into an actual video. Hope you guys might enjoy seeing it without having to manually sync it up every time!

If this isn't the appropriate place to post this then I apologize, but a lot of people seem to be posting soundtracks for that fight scene here.

• Brohoof 1

You'd think that the alicorn princesses would have the good sense to get rid of the big showy stained-glass window that clearly shows Twilight Sparkle as an alicorn. >_> But it was still a somewhat good way to get Tirek to figure it out.

• Brohoof 3

Probably the best finale I've ever seen. Faster 44 minutes of my life! Twilight was just amazing! :D

That battle was so epic, and their forms were sooooo nice! Twilights new castle is amazing!

10/10 my most favorite finale!!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This was amazing. Best two-parter ever. Tirek was a generally creepy villain and Discord got some great characterisation. Also suprised that this story made Twilight a full princess. I felt the ending was somewhat underwhelming though (I had known Rainbow Power would be inside the box from when the merchandising was released). Regardless, the animation, music and everything else was fantastic and it was a great finale to the best season yet.

10/10.

Edited by Rainboom Dash
  • Brohoof 2

You'd think that the alicorn princesses would have the good sense to get rid of the big showy stained-glass window that clearly shows Twilight Sparkle as an alicorn. >_> But it was still a somewhat good way to get Tirek to figure it out.

Well, they couldn't just destroy it! Do you know how much they pay for each of those windows? Moving it into storage would just be such a bother.

Eh, I thought the same thing when I saw it, but it's a relatively small gripe. 

I compiled the song and video from Shady Bubble's post into an actual video. Hope you guys might enjoy seeing it without having to manually sync it up every time!

If this isn't the appropriate place to post this then I apologize, but a lot of people seem to be posting soundtracks for that fight scene here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDFiz8WYWuk

The sync is actually a tad off.

(edited)

And now I just wonder were they go from here. Twilight is now 100% princess, as she has a role to play, a people to lead and a castle. They fought a villain that challenged the powers of all the alicorn princesses, all ponies in equestria, and Discord. While the finale was friggin amazing, I just can't help but wonder what they do from here. They erased the last remains of twilight before she was a princess (and one of the most iconic places in the show), and now it just feels like they have no were to go. It just feels like they have completed the journey of the mane 6 now, and I really wonder what they can do next to keep up the quality.

Here's what I think will happen:

S4: Twilight realizes the weight and importance of her role, thus fulfilling her understanding of her newfound place in Equestria. This is symbolized by her new castle.

S5: Twilight fully grasps the responsibility of her role now that she has understood its importance. No longer will she be looking down on it as she did in Trade Ya, or confused as to whether it's even useful, as in Twilight's Kingdom.

S6: Twilight's role is challenged by a major event, be it the return of Tirek, Sunset Shimmer returning to Equestria, or a new major villain.

On a personal note for S6, I think there's more potential for a recurring plot here, so much so that my fingers are crossed for this season being similar in storyline layout as S2 of The Last Airbender.

Edited by Freedan

(edited)

Asterian Starfall, on 10 May 2014 - 6:33 PM, said:

The sync is actually a tad off.

Really? It's not that I can tell, I synced it up frame by frame. The first bit comes in when Tirek fires at the library, then the main part kicks in when Twilight unfolds her wings. The part where Tirek tackles her and Twilight blasting Tirek into the ground seem spot on as well. Perhaps we just had a slightly different sync in mind? I'm not sure where else it would match up, how do you think it should be? Edited by EquineWhoDoesStuff

Well, they couldn't just destroy it! Do you know how much they pay for each of those windows? Moving it into storage would just be such a bother.

Eh, I thought the same thing when I saw it, but it's a relatively small gripe. 

Teleportation for the win.

Really? It's not that I can tell, I synced it up frame by frame. The first bit comes in when Tirek fires at the library, then the main part kicks in when Twilight unfolds her wings. The part where Tirek tackles her and Twilight blasting Tirek into the ground seem spot on as well. Perhaps we just had a slightly different sync in mind? I'm not sure where else it would match up, how do you think it should be?

Speaking of frames of animation....

THE ANIMATION WAS DOWN RIGHT AWSOME

Holy monkey balls, the animation...

• Brohoof 1

Here's what I think will happen:

S4: Twilight realizes the weight and importance of her role, thus fulfilling her understanding of her newfound place in Equestria. This is symbolized by her new castle.

S5: Twilight fully grasps the responsibility of her role now that she has understood its importance. No longer will she be looking down on it as she did in Trade Ya, or confused as to whether it's even useful, as in Twilight's Kingdom.

S6: Twilight's role is challenged by a major event, be it the return of Tirek, Sunset Shimmer returning to Equestria, or a new major villain.

On a personal note for S6, I think there's more potential for a recurring plot here, so much so that my fingers are crossed for this season being similar in storyline layout as S2 of The Last Airbender.

As much flak as I am going to get for this, I really, really, really hope for s6 to be with a different cast. After 5 seasons, and all of them essentially becoming "dukes" or princesses, I would rather see a new cast, with new adventures and life lessons, then recurring plots.

I applaud. Bravo, bravo! I do believe this was the best of the endings, with a good mix of badass and cliche villain, topped off with good music and a satisfying conclusion.

Also, fight scenes. Those are always welcome.

As much flak as I am going to get for this, I really, really, really hope for s6 to be with a different cast. After 5 seasons, and all of them essentially becoming "dukes" or princesses, I would rather see a new cast, with new adventures and life lessons, then recurring plots.

I would say the same, but what then? New cast means new story, but S6 will most likely be the very last season due to the limited episode count. If they wanted to move to a new cast, S4 was the time to do it, starting with the CMC getting their cutie marks.