Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Most Addicting Game You've Ever Played?

CosmicHooves

• 2 weeks later...

Playing MMORPG's for the first time, that was the only addictive type of game for me. It also became boring eventually, but it took a while. It was kinda like a second life, some of my acquaintances I met in the game did marry in the game and they met in real life, they started to live together and married in real life too!! :pinkie: There are so many stories from that time... But that's why it was so addictive. :coco:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf was quite addictive for me. Once I swear I spent 6 hours straight playing it cause I heard the clock go off 6 times. :wau: The MLP Gameloft app was very addictive as well but I quit it after iCloud forgot to transfer my data. That app got me into trouble with family at times so it’s good that it’s gone, anyhow. :adorkable:

For me it was the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

I remember playing it on PS3 when I was 13 and becoming absolutely transfixed by everything about it - the size and scope of the game, the immense possibilities and unstructured, free nature of the gameplay; it all overwhelmed me and I unironically became addicted to it for about a year and a half. I would play it every day that I had access to it, and whenever I didn't have a console available but had free time I would look up things about the game on a website dedicated to it. I also once played it for 21 hours in a row when I was sick and off school.

I have never been a huge "gamer", but this game completely and utterly destroyed my social and student life for about a year and a half. I haven't really played any video games since I was about 18-19, but sometimes I do feel the urge to give the game another replay again. I'm just not sure I can trust myself to not get addicted to it for a second time, so I never give in to the temptation.

The game was so addictive that it nearly ruined actor James McAvoy's career, so I guess at least I'm not alone.

Edited by daviddaviddavid

It's between World of Tanks, Terraria, and Skyrim. I have over 500 hours each in Terraria and Skyrim, but I think I've got almost 1k in World of Tanks. Those numbers will probably stagnate, though; I stopped playing World of Tanks not long after the friends I'd play with quit, and I've kind of exhausted Terraria and Skyrim. As much content as there is in both those games, it does eventually get old.