SoarinDash pairing debate

Forlong

50 users have voted

1. 1. Should Soarin' and Rainbow Dash get together?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will Soarin' and Rainbow Dash's relationship be explored?

• Yes
    • Maybe for a single episode
    • Nope

I was looking into this because I realized Soarin has bags under his eyes so I thought that was a sign of old age. 

One of the recent comics explained that Soarin has bags under his eyes because he overworks himself, and is in fact pretty young

• Brohoof 1

One of the recent comics explained that Soarin has bags under his eyes because he overworks himself, and is in fact pretty young

That is what I have come to think too! Poor guy! Wonder what Spitfire is using to keep her wrinkles off. XD

(edited)

That is what I have come to think too! Poor guy! Wonder what Spitfire is using to keep her wrinkles off. XD

Same comic also said being overworked is his own issue, as he admits that everyone in the Wonderbolts is significantly better than him :P

Edited by Whompy Whomperson

(edited)

As a friend just like the rest of the Wonderbolts, yes

More than a friend? no. RD is too much of a independent mare at the moment to be in a romantic relationship. 

Edited by Satrox

ezgif-3-2022f43b7e48.gif.cc21d01322ba58d07570880d654a323e.gif.329d04ca2e8802045b40325a74a30f1d.gif

♪ "I practice every day to find some clever lines to say, to make the meaning come through"♪

(edited)

Hmm. No, I don't think so. I think Soarin is too mellow for Dash, she'll want a stallion with fighting spirit and determination like herself and while you could say Soarin is a Bolt and might have the training to show those traits, I don't think there's been enough of that shown in the series for Soarin.

I actually think Dash might have a weak spot for a stallion able to refuse any of her advances. It might trigger a competitive need to find a weak spot in an otherwise stubborn, hardened and bitter fellow competitor. In a last ditch effort to break the stubborn resolve, she might revert to flirting and then it only takes the stallion to realise this or not. If he does, he could play Rainbow into his arms, if not, prepare for battle which might mean Dash likes him anyway, because I can see being supportive of another pony with sporting desires and abilities.

Edited by Rapid Wind

Well i always thought that they would focus more on exploring Fluttercord. But since Discord is not appearing in S7, maybe they will focus more on developing other couples like SoariDash and CheesePie?

I don't think that a canon romantic relationship will be a thing for any of the mane six, not even Rarity - maybe an one episode thing, like her crushes on Blueblood and Trenderhoof, but nothing that lasts or gets too much focus on.

That being said, as platonic as their relationship is, soarindash is adorable and it amuses me how it's a thing that has been there since season one. People started shipping them back in the very first episode when she dreamed of shaking hooves with him in her wonderbolts fantasies, when nobody didn't even know his name. Then they've been sharing some cute moments now and then that part of the fandom interprets as shipping fuel, such as the pie saving scene at the Gala, the picture in A Canterlot Wedding, their interactions in Rainbow Falls, the "you'd be talking to me" in Rarity Investigates, the thing with the Rarity impersonation in Newbie Dash, and so on.

But that's about it and I think it's for the best that way, since shipping is almost always a sensitive issue, specially in this fandom when it comes to the main characters. So I'd rather keep looking forward to see how Rainbow and Soarin's friendship develops now that they are team mates (the Friends Forever comic featuring them as a pair made a lovely job on this btw), than them blatantly crushing on eachother.

I personally like this ship, besides them being cute together, because their personalities balance eachother well. He is a chill guy who admires, respects and praises her a lot, as much or even more as she does for him. But he's no softie all the time as seen in Rarity Investigates. He knows how to get serious and take control when the situation calls, and a stallion like this would be a great match for Rainbow. And if the comics are any indication, he has a reckless side too, and she nailed it in her own way helping him to overcome his issues. So they have great chemistry and I'll love some more eventual subtle ship tease in future episodes, but I see no blatant romance between them happening anytime soon.

I would LOVE to see SoarinDash become canon, although I wouldn't mind seeing Rainbow having a crush on Quibble Pants either...I would be ok with ZephyrDash too.....my point being as long as RD is shipped with a stallion, I'm good.

Lol, Lauren was trolling, she's done that before saying Big Mac was gay and some other random stuff a while ago. She has nothing to do with the show staff anymore since half of season 2 and probably told that to tease some annoying soarindash fans that keep asking her stupid questions about the ship in twitter. Anyway it wouldn't mean nothing for soarindash or any other Soarin ship, a friends with benefits thing is nothing serious after all, it's not endgame for neither of them.

oh my god theres a SoarDash thread!!! <3<3<3<3

my OTP and possibly my only one of MLp. I adore these two and a lot of people know it. 

I think it took off when Dash was snapped dancing with him at the wedding then even more so from Rainbow Falls. She's kinda always been there for him it feels like, but then of course theres the Rarity Investigates contraction where Soarin blames Dash right away yaddadddadda but I think its still kinda there from Newbie Dash, apart from her attempts to woo him >.> badly done of course.

I'd like to have imagined that Dash saw Soarin as her celeb crush back before she joined up. Ponies don't seem to age, but I like to think of them having a medium age gap, hell my partner Denz is 8 years older than me and Ive always had older men in my life, you dont notice the age difference at all, which is why im not keen to jump on the "Soarin is much older than Dash" argument. He's no where near as old as Wind Rider ffs. Soarin may have had more of a military lifestyle growing up too, so maybe he and the other 'Bolts went through yearling training or something. They just seem much more uniform than Dash ever was. 

I hope we see more backstory and character development with the Wonderbolts. They have quite a lot of focus in the comics, but I know its not canon. 

• 10 months later...

I really do hope that they'll be together, they both are one of my favourite characters in the show and the favourite ship, they are the perfect pair, they are both wonderbolts and have similar interests, besides that I don't really think that any other stallion could be better for Rainbow but Soarin.

Edited by Guest

On 5/26/2014 at 7:29 AM, Windy Whistles said:

Personally I'd like to see her build a friendship with all of the Wonderbolts and not just Soarin'(especially after RF, they'll probably need it >.>)

As for the pair, I doubt we'll see it in S5, maybe a couple nods/fodder to the fans of it, but nothing that will make it canon

And now we ended up with a whole official comic dedicated to the pair. I mean it's entirely platonic but damn does it give some good ship fodder

1276582__safe_artist-colon-tonyfleecs_rainbow+dash_soarin%27_spoiler-colon-comic_spoiler-colon-comicff36_clothes_cover_goggles_idw_jacket_open+mouth_po.jpeg

1347542__safe_artist-colon-tonyfleecs_rainbow+dash_soarin%27_spoiler-colon-comic_spoiler-colon-comicff36_idw_pony.jpeg

large.jpeg

Edited by Windy Whistles

On 1/3/2017 at 8:57 AM, TBD said:

As a friend just like the rest of the Wonderbolts, yes

More than a friend? no. RD is too much of a independent mare at the moment to be in a romantic relationship. 

no, is a pairing made for fans 

that does not come true because it is not official nor canon, a ship is a pairing made by a fan and that is not official, that can have gotten into trouble especially the producers that would be a wreck of the program.

rainbow dash is not in love with any male pony nor is she interested in soarin, quibble pants nor zephyr breeze because nothing was romance .. She behaves like a boy, soarin and spitfire are wonderbotls and are the heroes of raninbow dash, just like daring do.
The official comic friends forever is a story of friendship, and that was friendship.
that's not right. lot fandom they break the heart if they lose her.
that will never be more than friendship and what will be agreed with the others
so you must admire it and confess it.

On 21/1/2018 at 10:06 AM, Windy Whistles said:

And now we ended up with a whole official comic dedicated to the pair. I mean it's entirely platonic but damn does it give some good ship fodder

1276582__safe_artist-colon-tonyfleecs_rainbow+dash_soarin%27_spoiler-colon-comic_spoiler-colon-comicff36_clothes_cover_goggles_idw_jacket_open+mouth_po.jpeg

1347542__safe_artist-colon-tonyfleecs_rainbow+dash_soarin%27_spoiler-colon-comic_spoiler-colon-comicff36_idw_pony.jpeg

large.jpeg

they have nothing in common, they are not in love. don't confuse the friendship for romance because that never was and never were more than a theory of a fan. the official comic is about friendship that's what friends are for and don't say nonsense, and always will be among all the characters.
The Monthly Friends Forever series focused on pairings of characters from the show, Series editor Bobby Curnow compared the concepts of these stories to buddy comedies. the buddy comedies people-often both men or women-are put together. The two often contrast in personality, which creates a different dynamic onscreen than a pairing of two people of the opposite gender. The contrast is sometimes accentuated by an ethnic difference between the two.

Edited by Van123
  • Brohoof 1

I don't see any reason why this ship should exist. To me, there has to be some build up and connection that leads to a relationship and so far it's mostly just a friendship at best.

8 minutes ago, Veil said:

I don't see any reason why this ship should exist. To me, there has to be some build up and connection that leads to a relationship and so far it's mostly just a friendship at best.

A relationship never happens because it is a pairing made by a fan and it never happens because it's not official. always will be in many cases in friendship. I'll follow you admit it and that's not right and it's unfair and you know that. 

spitfire and soarin both are wonderbotls and are best friends with rainbow dash will always be and build up and connection that leads with the friendship and what you think can ruin things with the character. it's a story of friendship of ponies by lauren faust.

Edited by Van123

4 minutes ago, Van123 said:

A relationship never happens because it is a pairing made by a fan and it never happens because it's not official. always will be in many cases in friendship. I'll follow you admit it and that's not right and it's unfair and you know that. 

spitfire and soarin both are wonderbotls and are best friends with rainbow dash will always be and build up and connection that leads with the friendship and what you think can ruin things with the character. it's a story of friendship of ponies by lauren faust.

I don't fully understand what you're explaining. I'm also not saying that a relationship between the two is bad. There just isn't anything that would put them into a relationship.

13 hours ago, Van123 said:

no, is a pairing made for fans 

that does not come true because it is not official nor canon, a ship is a pairing made by a fan and that is not official, that can have gotten into trouble especially the producers that would be a wreck of the program.

Yes...I'm aware of that....

I don't support DashxSoarin,.... but meh, it's just fans fiction so they can go and  do whatever they please with the characters. It doesn't bother me much at all. 

Edited by TBD

ezgif-3-2022f43b7e48.gif.cc21d01322ba58d07570880d654a323e.gif.329d04ca2e8802045b40325a74a30f1d.gif

♪ "I practice every day to find some clever lines to say, to make the meaning come through"♪

If there's one character on the show a romantic relationship with Dash would work with, it'd probably be Soarin. I don't think Dash will ever find romance in the show (she's clearly not interested), but he'd be the one if she did. 

19 hours ago, bluseymoe said:

If there's one character on the show a romantic relationship with Dash would work with, it'd probably be Soarin. I don't think Dash will ever find romance in the show (she's clearly not interested), but he'd be the one if she did. 

That would not work because a pairing is made for a fan and is not oficial, that does not count, soarin, quibble pants or zephyr breeze they are not her types. That never works, Rainbow dash does not need someone and she is not interested in any male pony. 
That would be a ruin of the program and the show and hasbro get into the trouble, that's why it's a story of friendship of ponies.

There is no character on the show a romantic relationship with Dash would not work with and it is not soarin, quibble pants nor zephyr breeze. that never happens because it is not official nor real. you must admit it and confess. that's is unfair

Edited by Van123

• 4 years later...

Used to be a bigger fan in the past, but then Newbie Dash happened and killed most of my interest, then their Friends Forever comic happened and made me like the pairing again