The planet is infinite, what do you do?

Rhythmic Tempo

(edited)

What would you do if the Earth extended forever. Ignoring all concepts of physics and gravity that would otherwise make this impossible. Would you simply remain in your country, or would you go explore. This pertains to things like oil too, there is an infinite amount if you go out far enough.

Me, I would go out somewhere and make a lost country. It would be the thing you would hear about in a storybook.

Le magical edit: The current 'Earth' Still exists. All of the stuff we are familiar with is still there. The main problem would be deciding where the current 'Earth' ends, but I will leave that up to you. You can walk in any direction forever! Of course oceans and stuff would still appear.

Oh, and you still can't punch trees. You are not Steve.

Edited by Rhythmic Tempo
  • Brohoof 1

I'd try and create a business and economy of sorts - an empire. I know I jokingly call the RFC the "Evil Empire," but it wouldn't be that sort of empire, just an empire with me at the helm :D

I like building things from the ground up, and I'm a pro at Sim City 4 and Rollercoaster Tycoon. Get on mah level :D

CpYKgl1.png

He who is Positively Obsessed With All Things Rarity!!!

"Not everyone who is pretty is necessarily beautiful. For those two to come together is truly a Rarity"

-Jacob G. Rosenberg

Signature by @FadedSkies

I would probably stay at my computer :)

• Brohoof 1

gCQXV8Y.png

I am a brony, and I am proud

The problem is infrastructure...  Most likely it would mostly be used by people really trying to frontier style and others trying to get basic resources.  Otherwise there would be a much slower expansion than one would think.

The power grid doesn't extend beyond the standard map.

• Brohoof 1

Silvadel, the Pegasus of Insight.

I'm a dragon.

I'm going to do dragony things.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/22/2016 at 6:16 PM, The Nightly Spectre said:

One does not ask why The Questioner is awesome. One should instead ask their gods if they ever compare to the awesomeness of the one and only Questioner.

I'd gather as many Bronies as I possibly could, and together, we'd finally start the nation of Equestria IRL.

Then one thing will lead to another and I'll end up trapped in the moon.

IT WILL BE GLORIOUS.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I would ride out on the back of my steed and seek out the ends of the earth!

*epic slow motion montage*

It would be interesting when Earth's random generation engine breaks, I wonder what kind of weird landscapes would happen if I went far enough...

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

Mine and exploit the world's infinite resources until the pollution becomes so concentrated that not even an infinite volume can contain it. Then, and only then would human desire be sated. 

(edited)

Probably follow behind someone who wants to recreate Equestria (cause I'm not a good leader  :derp: )

Edited by Iamp

If that was the case then everyone could buy and create country's all they wanted, and we would have one city that is bigger than Alaska. :yay:

8r6aiHM.png

Another issue is that the LAW only extends so far.  Where are the police if a homicide happens 100,000 miles from civilization?

Silvadel, the Pegasus of Insight.

I think I'd try to find the perfect scenic spot for a house. I'd like some mountains, and definitely a waterfall... At least one waterfall. Maybe a lake. Of course, then there'd be the problem of not having a supermarket right down the road. Can I get a bottle of insta-city? I'd like a city on the other side of the mountain.

Just close enough for some high-speed internet where I'm living.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

sig-15615.Ui65By7.png

Claim my own small island and build a shack where I sell knickknacks.

Another issue is that the LAW only extends so far.  Where are the police if a homicide happens 100,000 miles from civilization?

The same thing that happens if someone murders another in the Antarctic.  Nothing.

I'm the uber-conservative one.
Rainbow Dash x Kitchen Sink OTP
A great man once said, "ON MLP 4UMS ERRYTHIN IS SRS BSNS"
20% Chance I'm on my Wii U while posting this.

I would probably set up a picnic and try to have the most epic bbq picnic event, ever! With maybe the largest game of egg toss this universe has ever seen. 

The same thing that happens if someone murders another in the Antarctic.  Nothing.

There are people being murdered in the Antarctic? :blink: 

I would just have my plot of land filled with food gardens and animals.  I'd let travelers stay if they needed food or a place to rest.  I would travel if other places were unique, but I don't know if I'd give up my dream forest home.

Would just make the longest race track ever and call it Infinity. Would a also have a huge house in the mountains with a huge underground shelter and tunnel system. Then I would just stay there, live happily ever after. Of course I would also create a mountain race track around the house.

(edited)

I would build a country where wildlife and humans lived together in harmony and friendship!

The same thing that happens if someone murders another in the Antarctic. Nothing.

If someone was murdered in Antarctica, then I think the murderer could be tried by their country or the country of the person they murdered.

Edited by Frosty Nerd

Kindness_is_Magic.png

There are people being murdered in the Antarctic? :blink:

Heck if I know, I'm just giving an example.  :P

• Brohoof 1

I'm the uber-conservative one.
Rainbow Dash x Kitchen Sink OTP
A great man once said, "ON MLP 4UMS ERRYTHIN IS SRS BSNS"
20% Chance I'm on my Wii U while posting this.

Wouldn't that stretch our civilizations and our infrastructure would collapse because of our dependence on ground travel?

Unless you just mean everything remains intact and there is more planet to explore, then that just means I'd like flying and exploring more.

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Sig by Wolf, Handwriting by SparklingSwirls