Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discussion Thread

Venomous

• 1 month later...

Reviving since the game's out today. Not for UK though! Suckerssss!

Anywho, i'm picking Treeko once I'm able to get the game today. I'm gettin' Alpha Ruby since HAIL MAGMA and Groudon.

I got my copy of Alpha Sapphire hours ago. I love how my country releases games earlier than others. :P

The game so far is great. I've never been too fond of the remakes in Pokémon, but this one might be an exception.

My team is going to look like this...

Swampert

Mega Manectric

Swellow

Roserade

Gallade

Waiting for my copy to download. >.<

My workplace got neither these games nor SSBU on time. I couldn't stay and find out if they were going to get them after my shift because my ride was pressed for time... So now they're both downloading. >.>

Really didn't want to have to get them digitally. Both games required me to delete stuff to get them to fit.

Well, I downloaded the game at midnight and I'm enjoying it so far. Now, I'm not as far as I could be seeing as my play time consists of down time I have at school, but here's my current standings.

Badges: 1

Current Location: Dewford gym

My Team (nicknames are in parentheses):

Mudkip (Chuck Norris) Level 15

Ralts (Fanservice) Level 1

Tailow (Soarin) Level 15

I'm at the Dewford gym. Great, the gym that always gives me trouble for some reason.

Okay, remember when I said that Brawly was always a challenge for me? Well, he is now a joke to me. I have my Ralts beat both his guys in 2 hits. It might be because Ralts had a decent fairy type move that made it easier but whatever.

Edited by ChikoritaBrony

Got the game also at midnight, don't have a whole lotta Pokemon right now (just Marshtom, a Poochyena and a Makuhita). Does anyone know if you can still catch Aron in the Granite Cave? Because I want one >.>

Since everyone's talking about final teams...

My plan for my final team is 

- Sceptile

- Milotic

- Gallade

- Mega Salamence 

- Aggron

- Mawile

Still working on the movesets, and while they're a bit iffy, I know Mega Sala is going to get Return / Dragon Claw and murder things, Gallade is going to get Close Combat and murder things, and Mawile is going to get Play Rough and murder things.

yes yes i know about the fighting weakness that aggron AND mawile have but gallade covers it. mostly.

@,

Didja know it's possible to skip Brawly?

Just walk into that hella dark cave shouting 'REAL MEN DON'T USE FLASH'.

Edited by Shift

I'm itching for the first to roll around so I can buy a copy. Not sure which one I'll get yet, though. With the PokeBank...Hoenn be like dayum Troblems, you rock our Pokeworld! I'm like yeah, I know.

I was at Dewford Gym, but the game card "was removed" when I sat my 3DS on my bed. Trying to get back to where I was now. Last time I saved it was after I beat Roxanne.

My current team:

Poochyena-lv14

Taillow-lv16

Marshtomp-lv16

I would love to use some Pokemon that I have never used before for the last 3 of my team, because I find using the same Pokemon in every new game (Pidgey) gets boring. 

I'm so excited for this game! The only problem would be which version to buy. I had Sapphire the original, but I'm not sure which remake to get. Maybe Ruby because I have sapphire the original? The only reasons not to get the sapphire remake would be latios is in ruby.

The games come out TODAY and I still can't decide!

I think I might get Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire this weekend... been watching some footage and it's making me really, really nostalgic, I've played through the original Ruby more times than I can count and seeing it so well remade just tickles so much inside me... I can't take it man! The engine may still suck and there may not be trainer customization but I think I need it man... :(:unsure::huh:

• Brohoof 1

I was at Dewford Gym, but the game card "was removed" when I sat my 3DS on my bed. Trying to get back to where I was now. Last time I saved it was after I beat Roxanne.

My current team:

Poochyena-lv14

Taillow-lv16

Marshtomp-lv16

I would love to use some Pokemon that I have never used before for the last 3 of my team, because I find using the same Pokemon in every new game (Pidgey) gets boring. 

What do I do after the Dewdord Gym? I'm lost!

I think if memory serves me right, you have to go to the Granite Cave next, if you haven't been there yet. Did you talk to Steven already?

Edit: If you've already talked to him, talk to Mr. Briney, and he'll suggest to go to Slateport.

Edited by Kelldrick

TEAM UPDATE TIME!

Current Location: Mauville City

Badges: 5

My Team:

Marshtomp (Chuck Norris) Level 34

Kirlia (Fanservice) Level 29

Swellow (Soarin) Level 32

Manetric (Patchwork) Level 30

Trapinch (Loftwing) Level 25

Yeah, I just caught the Trapinch. I must say, I haven't had that much trouble on the gyms. I won kind of cheaply with Norman when thunder fang kept flinching Slaking plus the ability of it only attacking every other turn, leading to a bunch of free hits.

Okay, I just got to the part where 

YOU GET A FREAKING LATIOS THAT CAN MEGA EVOLVE!

Seriously, I didn't see that coming

Edited by ChikoritaBrony

You know what? I wanted to begin rebuilding my old Ruby team ASAP, but this Mightyena, with its Fire Fang, is so damn useful I ain't gonna really bother doing that until after the 7th gym.

• Brohoof 1

So yeah I got the game and I'm Super Training to get a Dawn Stone. I just beat Brendan under the Cycling Road; he was a cakewalk, honestly.

By the way, i'm using that shiny mystery gift Beldum (Currently a Metang) instead of an Aggron. I might replace my final Mawile with a Ninetales or something, I need a special attacker.

Anywho, current team, stealing Chikorita's format...

Current Location: Under Cycling Road

Badges: 2

Team:

Kirlia (Lancer) lv. 20

- Magical Leaf

- Confusion

- That one fairy type move that shouts I forgot its name

- Teleport

Metang* (Metang, calling him Meta Knight since I can't nickname him) lv. 21

- Hold Back

- Iron Head

- Metal Claw

- Zen Headbutt

Grovyle (Axis) lv. 22

- Fury Cutter

- Pound

- Leer

- Mega Drain

And as for the ones that are in my party but I don't actually use...

Taillow (Caw Caw)

Slakoth (Good Ruby) (If you get the joke I love you)

Whismur (Hearing Aid)

So... the game's great so far, I seriously have no complaints other than that we can't skip Brawly.

• Brohoof 1

Seems like no one's really picking Torchic as their starter huh...

...or at least no one's admitting it. ^_^

Probably gonna go for Treeko myself though. Always wanted a Grass/Dragon to exist so thank based Mega Sceptile. :squee:

Torchic is adorable, but its evolutions are...blah (design-wise). Then again, I think that way of all of the Hoenn starters. I just went with Mudkip because I always go with water.

• Brohoof 1

Well I just picked it up last night, once I finish a good portion of the main/side game content I will post a "review" per say of the game as a whole. So far it's looking like a reeeeaaal mixed review. There are a lot of great and amazing things...and some not so great things(currently five badges in) 

Edited by Chaco