Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when you're stressed and depressed?

ManaMinori

I try to find things that I know that will help me. For example, I would watch videos on YouTube that I know that would make me laugh. As someone who had depression for a few years, sometimes it isn't easy to find the "sweet spot."

When I'm stressed I meditate. When I'm depressed I see my doctor and we adjust my meds. Medication is the only thing that helps my depression. I don't know if what you are describing is actual diagnosable depression. That sort of depression is a chemical imbalance in your brain. You can have faith and pray, but it is important to take advantage of all the tools we have. After all, if God created us then he created us to be smart enough to figure these things out and to use them.

• Brohoof 1

There isn't much to do unfortunately, otherwise nobody in the world would be sad.

Well of course, some things can help, but it never works very well.

I for one watch cartoons. Video games and music don't work at all for me. :/

• Brohoof 2

With me who suffers from depression myself. I tend to try to watch shows, movies. Or listen to music and if alone sing at the top of my lungs while imagining the depression leaving with each verse. There's also books. 

What's a little odd about me is I listen to depressing music when depressed and somehow it makes me feel better, I don't know why. But then again, this is just me. 

When I am stressed and a little bit depressed, I go out for a walk during the late evening. It often helps. However, when I am really really depressed, I look for help from the forums or from my friends. 

Depends. Sometimes I can not do anything, apart from smoking..and smoking... Other times, however, listening to music or try to distract myself playing the PC..

I listen to my visual kei. Though, for me it's anxiety that can bring me down. So, if it does... I listen to one of my favorite songs by SuG or Our Day from Takeru's movie Beatrock Love. It's amazing what he can do to make me feel a lot better. Like, yesterday, I got upset because a voice actor I like who I felt betrayed me... I got upset with him. I was almost about to cry, but when I listened to Takeru singing though, I started to calm down. So, after that I felt fine.

Edited by sweeToxic

Ring up one of my friends and get out of the house to make sure I don't mope around. If there busy I just try to get my mind off it with music or play a vidya game or run. Which reminds me that I need to get back to running...

• Brohoof 1

Well, being a car guy, when I'm feeling down or angry or just in the mood for it, I drive. And when I say drive, I mean doughnuts in the parking lot.

My advice, pick a hobby you love that will get your mind off what's going on, and go do it.

Yeehaw!  Another gearhead!  What kinda vehicle you drive?

post-27651-0-37477400-1403924552.jpg

:smug: I love my truck.

Ah yes... Taking a drive out at night always helps me out.

That song is freaking wicked!   B) 

Typically, I listen to albums in my truck.  Anything from Adema, Linkin Park, Korn, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, and some others.

Here's Adema's first album, I think you'd like it, Gone Airbourne.

:comeatus: 

I love all the songs on that album, honestly... but there's 2 special favorites of mine on it.  

"Giving In" - starts at 6:32

and

"Trust" - starts at 38:40 (don't let the soft intro fool you)

Long live rock music of any kind!  Grunge, Nu metal, Alternative, etc., I love it  :squee: 

---

Yes, I love to drive when I'm stressed to clear my mind.

~ Miles

• Brohoof 2

Yeehaw!  Another gearhead!  What kinda vehicle you drive?

img-3696857-1-post-27651-0-37477400-1403

:smug: I love my truck.

That song is freaking wicked!   B) 

Typically, I listen to albums in my truck.  Anything from Adema, Linkin Park, Korn, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, and some others.

Here's Adema's first album, I think you'd like it, Gone Airbourne.

:comeatus: 

I love all the songs on that album, honestly... but there's 2 special favorites of mine on it.  

"Giving In" - starts at 6:32

and

"Trust" - starts at 38:40 (don't let the soft intro fool you)

Long live rock music of any kind!  Grunge, Nu metal, Alternative, etc., I love it  :squee: 

---

Yes, I love to drive when I'm stressed to clear my mind.

~ Miles

I drive a 2006 Mustang fastback and am restoring a 1979 AMC Pacer Wagon. Great to see another car guy on here as well! I love your truck, my Grandfather's had a 1975 F250 Extended Cab (one of the very first extended cabs) setting in his front lawn for almost 15 years, I've always kind of planned on trying to fix it up. Maybe I'll get around to it in a couple years when I graduate.

post-33250-0-10106500-1429874080_thumb.jpg

post-33250-0-63452300-1429874091_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

@@Attack of the Pwns,

Nice!  I'll PM you so we don't get off topic.

Another thing I do when I'm stressed is that I relax with my cats and pet them for a while.  They're very cuddly, and like attention.  Unfortunately, of course my cats are at home, so I can't do that when I'm here at college.

Here's my cat, Louie:

ad6c18991a.jpg

(Nothing wrong with his eye, it was just the effect of the angle of light).

His whiskers are so awesome  :D 

~ Miles

P.S.  Don't worry all you dog folks out there, I've got a dog, too.  ;)

Edited by Miles
  • Brohoof 2

Find something basically I mean that's helped me and others like for me watching movies and listing things that where stupid or bad for others it's watching old movies and playing games like bored games video games maybe even writing will help just know your not alone in this and there are people who want to help you so stay strong and know that the people who suffer the most (like you) are usually the people others love the most "hugs" stay strong friend :)

I am often very stressed, but luckily I know some stuff that usually help me. For exaple I eat snacks. A lot. And then swear I won't eat so much next time, but I do anyways. Bad habit. At least it helps when I am stressed. :fluttershy:

I also like to listen to music, draw, read, watch MLP or watch anime. I especially like watching Mushishi at these times, because it is really calming, and my stress is gone after watching one episode. Wonder if it works for others as well... :ooh:

Video games.  Forums.  Youtube.  Music.  TV.  Walk.  Stare at the floor.  Stare at the wall.  Try to sleep.

I'm depressed all the time, because I know that I'll never get what I need in life to happy.  I just try to push it out of my mind and distract myself.  Don't know what else to do.  That's my life.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I normally just listen to energetic music and allow myself to move around to it; doing that helped keep the darkness away for one of the more stressful times in my life. Distracting myself- with games, happy stories/shows, funny videos and enjoyable conversations- is also good, since otherwise my mind starts to roam across more dangerous thoughts... =/

I usually just try to ignore those feelings and listen to music to help me relax and forget about those feelings. Driving is relaxing too, but I don't get to that whenever I want, so music is my first choice.

• Brohoof 1

I know it's wrong but I usually just keep those feelings bottled up. It doesn't take much for me to come around though. I'll listen to a good song, watch YouTube, pray, basically just try and get my mind off it

When I get a little bout of depression, I usually have some chocolate, watch a comedy movie, and go for a walk, but it sounds like your situation is orders of magnitude more serious. If religious studies make you happy, then keep on with them. Other than that, the most I could recommend would be to focus on small, happy thing in your life rather than looking at the world's big picture.