Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your pet peeve?

Tom The Diamond

-Kind of stupid but every time I am walking right next to someone and I approach a pedestrian crossing and press the button several times to cross the road, and the person I was walking right next to me goes up to the button and presses it several times right after me, it just annoys me so much for some reason. 

-People that jump right onto the train without waiting for you to get off first, and then curse at you when you are trying to get out of the train first. 

• 1 month later...

My pet peeve is when I am so blind to what is going on and decide to take the opposite of a good solution, then I realize that it really does upset me when I don't even think at all.

I have a few... but my number one most annoying pet peeve is when ANYONE uses the term "gay" in place "homosexual".

I just absolutely can't stand it! That isn't what the word means! And I am tired of not being able to use it in conversations, because whenever I do, people now automatically assume that i am talking about homosexuality... angry.png

(edited)

Off the top of my head, one of my pet peeves is when a cameraman talks behind a camera while filming something. I don't know why but it kind of annoys me. Eg. when reviewing a product. I'm looking at you LinusTechTips.

Edited by Spontaneous~Me

Comic Sans is something that definitely bothers me. It fits in no scenario, and seems to exist for the sole purpose of being misused. There in fact are times and places for Comic Sans, but certainly not as many as I see. I went to a Sony store recently that had all the prices in Comic Sans. I was cringing.

• Brohoof 1

Oh boy, where do I start.

People who don't use turn signals when driving.
People who say "Could care less". It's "Could NOT care less". 
Xbox Live and it's 12 year olds that are going to screw my mom and hack my account. 
The people who instantly became Political Scholars when the NSA Scandal broke. 

And there's so many more...

1. When people call any music that has screaming in it "screamo". That makes me want to bucking punch the person in the face.

2. When I'm telling the truth and people call me a liar (that really pisses me off so bad)

3. When people bucking argue with me and act like they are right even though they have no idea what the buck they're talking about.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I hate it when people stay over and never take a bath the first day. I don't like it when people change into CLEAN clothing but never bathe, then bathe in the morning. Its dirty. I don't want your stuff on my couch.

I don't like it when people use my electronics. Same goes if you hide my shit. 

I don't like it when you gloat about beating me with your Action Replay team when I do my team the natural way in pokemon.

I don't like it when people stare at me in Water Parks.

I HATE to sit on grassy areas. I dunno why. I don't like being under trees either....

What really grinds my gears?

When I want to draw something in the most perfect form, I draw and I'll keep on with it until it just HAS to be perfect. I don't like unfinished work.

When people cheat off you and your left with shit in school. 

Ps:I hate the terms they use in school. I'm a grammar nazi when it comes to speaking. Its mainly with some words like "Mines" (ITS MINE NOT MINES)

My pet peeve is a lack of effort when I am giving something my all. For example in school, you would work your absolute hardest on a project just to see that your partner had done nothing the past few days. That feeling where you go "what the f*** is wrong with you" playing in your head when you look at him/her is very common for me right now.

I feel you. This happened a.lot. to me. I can explain everything in great details, but what really irked me was when my friend had a higher grade then I when I clearly spent more time and effort. In fact, this happened with tests too. I would read a book...she wouldn't read for the tests and sort..but I brought D/F range while she brought B/A range. I was like: WTF.

Edited by Scootadress
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

- People who roll the windows on their car down and blare terrible music, especially rap.

- People who honk or scream when driving by.

- Motorcycles.

- People who interrupt you when you're talking.

- When people chew with their mouths open, as well as "lip smacking."

- The media and all of the talking heads who have nothing to say.

- Grammar Nazis and people who try to correct when you say something incorrectly.

- Social media sites.

- People who post rickrolls, screamers, or other annoying memes.

I don't mean to sound hostile though. I'm pretty even-keeled and tolerant of almost anything.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

you know what grinds my gears is when motorists don't share the road with cyclists and when motorists deliberately try to either scare or run cyclists off the road

On the contrary, loud cyclists with their muffler-less bikes grinds my gears. >.<  I frequently spend time close to a biking club so it gets me mad lol.

Saw somebody do this on my Facebook news feed and decided to bring it up here

I always found it very inconsiderate when people post texting/instant message conversations on public websites. Some people only feel comfortable with their friends, and they probably don't want their friend putting up part of a private conversation for all to see. It's cool if the poster has the friend's consent, but I feel like most of the times the poster just posts it without even asking.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

A really huge pet peeve of mine is cursing. It's very unprofessional, immature, and rude in my opinion. I honestly can't take anyone who curses constantly serious because they sound dumb. At least the people I have seen anyways. I try not to curse whenever I speak, but in those rare instances where I do, I find myself quickly apologizing for my rudeness.

Edited by SmartyPants

Several:

- People who second guess my decision making. I have enough problems making decisions already. I don't need anyone coming and putting doubt into my mind as soon as I make my own decisions.

- Being perceived as weak or inferior.

When we're eating dinner and my mom tells me i should eat more than that. Yeah, i've only lived in this body for 18 years now, obviously i have no idea how much i need to eat until i'm not hungry anymore.

You know what grinds my gears? Setting an alarm for a certain time to get up...and the alarm doesn't go off at that time or not at all!

I'm not very fond of summer. Sweating is gross. Hayfever is gross. It's really just a season of pet peeves for me and has no hope of going away for a while in the UK currently!

(edited)

Let's see.

- Coke bottle/can explodes when I open it.

- People tapping their fingers on a surface.

- People walking on the street like they're drunk and then look at me weird because I get past them since I have somewhere to go while they just stand there like idiots.

- When I wake up like I haven't gotten enough sleep.

Edited by Freedan

(edited)

^ That reminds me. People in supermarkets WHO BLOCK UP AISLES AND DON'T GET OUT THE WAY OR DIVER.

It's nice you have luxery time to fuck around but let other people shop please.

Edited by Vay

(edited)

There are many things that grind my gear, but probably two of the biggest things are...

• Swagfags. Those people who say "yoloswag420" seriously, really, REALLY bother me. I don't know...
  • When people take one of my favorite ponies or characters from a show or anime, and make something that is disturbing with it, like rule 34 art. I really, REALLY pisses me off. I really want to destroy whoever takes my characters and makes these things.
  • And this:

- Being perceived as weak or inferior.

Very much. I already see myself as weak and inferior and don't want others to see it as well.

Edited by Suskel