Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Party ponies: coming to a forum near you!

Nohbdy

No, not actual ponies, sorry. But now that I have your attention, read on for some exciting news!

A few months ago, the staff of MLP Forums conducted a survey to ask members what they thought of the community and site management. A good number of respondents called for more events. Well, ladies and gentlemen, we heard you. 

Yes, that's right, folks! We're going to have more events! To help us accomplish this mission, we're introducing a team of passionate individuals to plan, organize, and launch these events. Everyone, please welcome the MLP Forums Event Coordinators

So far, we have two members in this team. @Adorkable and (aka SkyBound) have both proven themselves supremely helpful and enthusiastic about their work, and have expressed interest in interacting more with the community (in addition to their existing roles). They're both friendly and motivated, and I'm sure they'll do an excellent job. Good luck, guys! 

Our Event Coordinators will work with the community to provide the best possible experience for our members. It's our hope that this team will not only help improve the sense of unity in the community, but also break down barriers between staff and members. Look forward to such events as contests (there will be prizes!), movie nights, game nights, and even charities. As a matter of fact, our guys already have something planned.

To kick off our new team, here's a preview of our upcoming banner contest. All members are welcome to submit a banner. At the end of the submission period, the community will vote for its favorite banner, which will be displayed at the top of every page. Expect the EC team to provide more information soon! 

As Pinkie Pie would say, well, let's just have Pinkie say it! :D

• Brohoof 22

Yes!! More events are always good on this site. Congratulations to our new Event Coordinators! I can't wait to see what fun contests and events you guys will come up with.

• Brohoof 7

This sounds...nice :D 

I'm actually kind of calmed by this announcement - I do sort of feel like this community is cold and unwelcoming to me at times, and I really would like to find a way to get more involved and have a better experience. I don't like jumping around; while I do visit other pony sites every now and again, I consider this site to be my home for all pony related matters, and who wouldn't want to have a good time at their home? :D

I'm excited for this latest development! :D

ooo__balloon__by_gratlofatic-d4wy1hm.png

• Brohoof 5

THE FUN HAS BEEN DOUBLED!

But yeah, this is a really great idea. Glad to see it coming to fruition. Not only will it be fun, it will engage the community more and subsequently aid in breaking down any unnecessary barriers between individuals that exist.

• Brohoof 2

Thanks everypony for the positive feedback! I can assure you that Sky and I have fun times in store! Can't wait to get this party started! ^^

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Think Pink!

And banners! I might enter. Because i'm an evil queen.

Also, did you know that October 12th is Moment of Frustration Day? I'm sure we could make an event for that. Oooh, and today is WAFFLE IRON DAY! You should totally do an event pertaining to- *shot*

Edited by Mami Tomoe
  • Brohoof 3

This sounds like an awesome idea! Nothing like site-wide events to get everyone energised and in high spirits. And a greater sense of unity can only be a good thing. (Though seriously, this site already has some of the friendliest and most open staff I've ever come across.)

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

• Brohoof 3

Oh cool!  Does this mean that the Christmas charity drive might come back this year?  I was actually quite disappointed when that didn't happen last year...  I understand why this was, but it was still sad.

Anyways, quick question (unless you've already answered it), how are members going to be notified of these events?  I assume that many of them would be put up in the calendar, though I admit that I personally only check the calendar approximately once every eventually, and would likely end up missing many of them.  Will they have a spot in the announcement banner thing that's at the top of the page, have topics posted in Canterlot Castle, etc?

• Brohoof 5

I am glad to see that a lot of you are quite excited and we plan to kick off the festivites very soon, so thank you all for your positive feedback!

Oh cool!  Does this mean that the Christmas charity drive might come back this year?  I was actually quite disappointed when that didn't happen last year...  I understand why this was, but it was still sad.

Anyways, quick question (unless you've already answered it), how are members going to be notified of these events?  I assume that many of them would be put up in the calendar, though I admit that I personally only check the calendar approximately once every eventually, and would likely end up missing many of them.  Will they have a spot in the announcement banner thing that's at the top of the page, have topics posted in Canterlot Castle, etc?

I must say that I am not familiar with the Christmas Charity Drive, but I will certainly bring this up to the rest of the team to see if you can bring this back as it does sound like a marvelous idea.  And thank you very much for your questions!  Though we are still trying to get everything set up and organized, I will do my best to answer any questions that anyone may have,

Currently, we have considered all of the options that you stated in announcing these contests and events to be sure that the entire forums is aware of them and able to participate.   A message in the Announcement Carousel (or whatever you wish to call it) as well as a thread in Canterlot Castle will be posted as well as adding events to the calendar (such as submission and voting deadlines) is certainly one option, even if it may be underutilized.  We want to be sure that everyone gets the chance to participate and have a good time with this, so we want to sure that word does spreads in any way possible.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

This is wonderful news, simply wonderful news! :muffins:  Congratulations to both SkyBound and Adorkable, both of whom I've interacted and even worked with a bit.  You are both upstanding individuals more than qualified for these positions, and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!  :D

large.png

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 3