The average scientific literacy rates of MLPF

Arctic Night

Scientific literacy survey...  

152 users have voted

1. 1. How many questions did you answer correctly? (Link to quiz is provided.)

(edited)

This is a serious survey to test the rates of scientific literacy on MLP Forums. Simply take the pewresearch quiz linked below and then answer the poll. Please try your best to respect the following rules:

• This is not a debate. If you are skeptical of my survey or the quiz you can explain why of course, but this is not a debate.
  • Do not mock anyone for their results.
  • Answer honestly.
  • Answer once, after your first attempt.

This should be a fun way to see how the forums relate to the average American in scientific literacy.

http://www.pewresearch.org/quiz/science-knowledge/

EDIT: I understand that the questions may appear simple or even silly to some, but I need accurate results so please don't give the answers away.

Edited by Aquila
Not for you to say.
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

The fact that the average American doesn't know a majority of those questions is concerning to me.

EDIT: Also, I got 13/13 and I did better than approximately 93% of the public, apparently.  :blink:

Don't let anyone near the uranium. They might hurt themselves.

Edited by BronyPony
  • Brohoof 9

(edited)

You answered 13 of 13 questions correctly.

I watch Sci Show ... yay it helps. (actually am a science freak so there you are)

Edited by Jeric
  • Brohoof 1

There's the possibility that some of the members cheated and used the magic machine we call Google.

I got 11/13 myself—guessed on two of those, though... heheh.

• Brohoof 1

There's the possibility that some of the members cheated and used the magic machine we call Google.

That's always a possibility. :P

But I trust most of the members here, so hopefully we'll see some accurate results.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Got 10/13, but every question I got wrong I second-guessed the answer before I put it in, and my first guess before I put in the final answer was right for all of them. Guess I know the science somewhat, but can be a little forgetful on some things. :derp:

Edited by Radiance64
  • Brohoof 1

I got 11/13 myself—guessed on two of those, though... heheh.

Guessing is perfectly acceptable, providing you aren't working with acetone peroxide. If that is the situation, please wear goggles and make sure your life insurance is paid up. O-o

• Brohoof 1