Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your Japanese name?

Scarlet Letter

Kyoku Tokumei

Tokumei is a clan name my bestfriend started we're a large variety of people that he considers to be close there is no head and no it's not a name any one can have or take

Kyoku is a name I settled on it means affair but eh

Edited by BloodyTeaCups

Ruisu Ribera. My name is Luis Rivera.

That sounds suspiciously stereotypical :ph34r:

A different site sAys I'm Ryu Nomiya

Dunno what "Nomiya" means, but I've played enough Street Fighter to know "Ryu" means "Dragon" B)

Edit: Nomiya- "Originally this was a suffix denoting an imperial residence or temple, such as the Katsura-no-miya complex in Kyoto. Over time "no-miya" suffix came to denote membership in the kōzuko or the koshitsu. It is usually translated as "prince/princess of..." or simply "prince/princess..."

Well sh*t

My name is "Dragon Prince".

Edited by Dattebayo

エドワード Katakana   えどわあど Hiragana

Edward

Kanji

栄 Prosperous

努 Effort, Toil

和 Peace

努 Effort, Toil

Romanji

edowa-do.

(((o(*゚▽゚*)o))) wwww

Edited by Feather Grass

I chose the name Akane Chiratora for me. Akane means "red," like Arylett does. And I just kind of made up Chiratora because it sounds like Charnoa, but Japanese. Also, "chira" was a sound effect that a species I created once made, so it relates to me. 

The personal Japanese name I have chosen for myself is Tomokazu. My real name is Thomas.

I don't trust online name generators. Most of the time, they are just random with barely any rhyme or reason. Because of that, I want to choose my own Japanese family/inherited name. It's not been easy. My last name starts with a G, and it's hard to find a Japanese family name that starts with a G or something similar to a G sound.

Did you know that a lot of inherited family names in Japan are actually spelled out with Chinese symbols? In fact, some family names actually have a translation. It's really weird! Anime and tokusatsu uses this to it's advantage many times. You'd be surprised how many times a character's name actually translates into something, and that translation usually reflects the character themselves or gives away their roll in the show.

The translator says エミリー (emirii).

I remember that in my AP European History class we had a lady from China visit and she wrote out my name in Chinese, too, and I thought that was neat. Sadly I have no idea what happened to the paper she wrote it on. =(

• 3 months later...

Kumiko Daigo is my Japanese name, according to the translator. 

Kumiko means, "long time," or "beautiful." 

Awww..  :wub:

I tend to think of myself as Momoe though, since that was my name in my high school's Japanese class.  :P

Makiko Kaoin, according to that generator.  Google Translate says it means "Makiko face in"...what?

Jan'nasurasshā (or ジャンナスラッシャー), according to Google Translate.

According to another generator, it's Yamashita Michiyo, which means "under the mountain for three thousand generations", or something like that.

I suppose 'Michael' translates to 'Maikeru' in a Japanese accent.

As for my nick-name:

I meant the 'random' in my name as a synonym for 'surprise', so through that translation i get 'odoroki'.

'Insomniac', according to google's translator anyway, is 'fuminshō'.

We then get 'Odoroki fuminshō'.

• 5 years later...