Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony Spirit, Have you Felt it?

BionicBrony

Last night, around midnight for me, I was watching this episode of MLP, when I suddenly wanted to see where it all started. So I turned off Party of One and started to watch the very first episode.

While I was watching it, I started to feel this sense of lightheartedness, joy, and emotion. I didn't know what it was, but then I was reminded of when I was first watching the show. The very first jokes, the first laughs, everything. The memories of mlp started to flood back to me, and I suddenly felt like I'd unlocked something.

There is something I like to call the Brony Spirit. The brony spirit is felt differently for each and every brony. I felt it as a sense of childlessness and lightheartedness, as though it couldn't be taken away. I know some may feel it as a sense of pure emotion, or joy, or comedy, or even something deeper.

Brony Spirit is something that I think each and every brony has. We feel it in different ways at different times. Some may feel it while posting to a fan club on these forums. Some may feel it when they're just watching the show. You may have felt it when you bought your first mlp merch and thought 'oh gosh, I'm buying stuff made for four year old!' However you felt it, I think this spirit exists.

I want anypony to post to this forum to discuss if you've felt the brony spirit before, and, if you did, when and how. I also want anypony to talk about how the brony spirit may have effected you. However you respond, please make it positive and not a 'this is a stupid thing it doesn't exist' post. Thank you Everypony!

post-27452-0-69892600-1406910071.jpg

• Brohoof 17

Well, idk if it needs to have it's own new term, but regardless I can say I have felt love for the show, or just a passionate feeling for the show, or even just some childlike happiness for the show.

Honestly the show usually makes me smile regardless. And usually brightens up my mood, but there are times where I feel the emotions are stronger and more passionate.

The most obvious time is the first time watching the show, or well, after the awkward feeling of watching the show wore off for me. 

Usually, watching newer episodes will make me feel that way as well, not always, but a good bit of the time.

I also felt that way after watching the show again after not watching the show for a few months, or even being involved in the forums for that matter. I basically took a break, but returning I felt my love for the show was much stronger.

There are other random times, and random episodes, and random days that make me feel it, but that's about as many of the more specific times I can think of it.

• Brohoof 5

Why, yes, I most definitely have a Brony Spirit, which is in my opinion a sense of feeling right and perfectly perfect.  I usually get it when I'm listening to Aviators's music, and every time I feel like I'm being loved by other Bronies.  Yeah, I just absolutely feel right in this world with that spirit.

I know what you mean, I too feel so wonderful when watching the show, it's like all real world problemss just sort of melt away for a while until I sort of "come back" to reality!

• Brohoof 1

I have never stopped feeling it.

Ever since I admitted and Joined the herd, I have experienced a great lightening and laughter ever since that day. People think I am on anti-depressants. Hell, If MLP is a drug? I'm hooked.

• Brohoof 3

In the way you explained it, I myself refer to it as timeless nostalgia - as in, normally nostalgia means something from a long time ago from childhood, but when the "brony spirit" nostalgia comes in play, it's the same kind of feeling for something that didn't necessarily happen in my childhood.

But YES I so totally get it.  When I go back and watch it from the beginning I'm overwhelmed by it!  It's an AMAZING feeling, something I hold close to my heart.

It will continue to be an everlasting emotion that comes from the nostalgic memories...

I'd like to even give an example of a time when I experienced it to an extent I'd never felt before...  the Season 3 finale... When Celestia showed those images of the memories of the past, along with her song... I was crying with the brony spirit, loving every second of it...  For evermore shall I continue to love the feeling. Thank you for making this thread, OP.

• Brohoof 1

Watching MLP is like eating a fistful of Oreos.  Something about it just makes you feel good.  Like a spiritual experience.  :P  I swear something chemical is released when we see those big shiny eyes.   :pout:   Keeps us coming back for our fix.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I have felt it and I observed that bronies often forget that feeling when they are scouring Derpibooru for NSFW pictures.

Uncalled-for passive aggression towards cloppers ftw. GG, Windseeker. GG.

img-1842712-1-trixie_clap_by_mihaaaa-d3i

On topic, I suppose I do feel a childlike sense of wonderment and lightheartedness when watching the show, although I wouldn't necessarily label it "brony spirit" as there are other things I associate this feeling with as well.

Edited by Lowline Thrash
  • Brohoof 2

Yes, I have felt it and I observed that bronies often forget that feeling when they are scouring Derpibooru for NSFW pictures.

Is it really necessary to bring that up here? Cloppers are the same as any other brony aside from their private habits regardless of what some of you here may think and that is the last I am saying on that subject in this thread. When are we going to stop picking fights with people because we don't agree with something they do?

Yes I have, I felt it most strongly when I first started watching. I was skeptical but when I first realized I liked it I couldn't believe it and had this unexplainable sense of happiness. It felt kind of liberating to actually admit to myself that I like a show about cartoon ponies and still does but especially when I first started watching. Alot of things can bring it up, pretty much any Applejack episode brings it out of me especially Apple Family Reunion. Some of the premiers and finales do, especially the Return of Harmony and Tirek two parters. Seeing Derpy in the background can bring it out and seeing Equestria Girls at the theater really brought it out. I had low expectations for the movie but I ended up liking it and the lively crowd really made it a lot of fun.

• Brohoof 6

This is called "a piece of media being so well-handled, well-written, well-crafted in every sense and even more importantly, so full of charm and heartwarmingness that it just makes you plain HAPPY on a deep level".  This is what the best of the best cartoons should always seek to make people feel.  It's the reason I got so into ponies in the first place and the kind of thing I'd love more than anything else to strive putting into cartoons of my own someday.

I wouldn't call it something so silly as the 'brony spirit' (no offense) and I don't think it's something that is or should be tied *ONLY* to mlp, though mlp for what it is, for how it's been handled and for what it's done definitely gives it off, I feel, more strongly than any single cartoon I can possibly think of (and that includes the greatest of greats).  It is THE element that sets FiM apart, gave it such a massive and vibrant community like this of diehard fans, that will keep it in the animation history books for generations to come and that makes a guy like me who's seen hundreds of cartoons and had many favorites for years consider it ... possibly his very, VERY favorite, of all time.

Edited by hip-indeed
  • Brohoof 3

Is it really necessary to bring that up here? Cloppers are the same as any other brony aside from their private habits regardless of what some of you here may think and that is the last I am saying on that subject in this thread. When are we going to stop picking fights with people because we don't agree with something they do?

Holy shit, it seriously requires effort to miss the point of my post by such a margin.

I have not meant any offense to cloppers in my first post, I was implying there is a difference between the 'feels' of saucy fanart and heartwarming friendship moments in the show. Excessive time in the former without watching the latter makes you feel entirely different.

And a answer to the question at the end of your statement is when folks such as yourself quit jumping to conclusions the size of the moon.

Uncalled-for passive aggression towards cloppers ftw. GG, Windseeker. GG.

You know, the only thing I see that is uncalled for is your half-assed attempt to trollbait. Bad/10.

I have a prolonged history of defending cloppers as I was often labeled as a 'white knight' for doing so, I feel slightly pissed you assume otherwise.

Yes or at least I do the show brought me out of the bad and into the good it  brings joy and happiness at least for me maybe because it reminds me back when I was around I don't know 6 when I used to LOVEEEE the older generations of MLP and I've not lost my love because I am within the fim I often also look back at the other generations it does get me thinking however FIM is what I really love it just gives me a warm feeling...  

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I think i know that feeling. I've felt it especially during watching the show for the first time (after I got rid of this little feeling of awkwardness at the very beginning :derp: ). I also feel it when I see bronies, who can put "friendship is magic" words into practice by being nice, friendly and helpful to each other and creating positive atmosphere of the fandom.