Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ever watch MLP dubbed?

Hi, just thought of how bad mlp sound dubbed swedish. Have you ever watch an episode without the original sound,if so have you ever watch a dubbed episode that sounded better?

I watched with a Polish dubbing. And it was a mistake XD I'd really like to say something nice about Polish dub, but I just can't. The voices are painfully forced and unnatural. 

Edited by Anilewe

I watched a few episodes in the French version. Not too bad, but the songs are still better in English.

Also, in the French version, Zecora does not speak in rhyme and Applejack and Applebloom do not have this lovely accent.

Finally, Rarity sounds too young, lol

I once watched Season 1, Episode 1 to Season 1, Episode 12 of the MLP: FiM Japanese dub. The voices were pretty cute, especially Rainbow Dash's. c:

Edited by Mienshao

I rewatched some episodes in Japanese with English subtitles. Mainly because I watch english sub and english dub anime alot, so I was wondering how it would be in the other way around

Don't know why they'd do that, to be honest, if you wanted it in English you could just watch the original.

Edited by Shadowking58

I once watched "Suited for Success" dubbed in Latin American Spanish. I really didn't pay attention to how good or bad the voice acting was. I really watched it just to try to pick up some new words from it and see how the dialogue and the song would have been affected by the translation.

As an hispanic myself, I watched MLP in the Latin American dub up to two months of being brony. I can say after I made the habit of watching MLP afterwards is the the Latin American dub is, they dub it as a preschool show, making the voices sound forcibly childish and unnatural. It's specially painfull hearing Dashie and Twily in that dub after hearing Ashleigh Ball and Tara Strong > _<

• Brohoof 1

I couldn't really imagine any dub from FIM being that good, simply because the original voice actors give such life and personality to the characters.  Imo, the voices are everything in this show.  I have a brony friend who watches the show in Japanese because he speaks Japanese and has always been obsessed with all things Japan.  He's actually never seen the show in English as far as I know.

Watched a few episodes of the Japanese dud. Maybe it was just me, but they seemed like they were trying way too hard to make the entire thing as cute as possible with the voices. 

I've watched some episodes in Italian,the dub isn't that bad,the only problem is Rainbow Dash's voice,it's the same voice actor as Dexter (from Dexter's Laboratory)  it's strange to hear that same voice but seeing RD talking XD 

I've never heard the songs in Italian though,but I'm sure I will personally prefer them in English,other Italian bronies say that they are good,though.

I've watched the very first episode in German, twice or three times. The voice acting is alright for a dub, but not as good as the original English, no way. The dub voice actors are running against some tough competition when you compare them to the originals. 

• Brohoof 1

Everleaf i most ask you,are you from Sweden or from another country? I

'm just curios because I am swedish and i think the sound rubbish,maybe I gave it to little time.

Since I live in Turkey I watched Season 1 and 2 in Turkish... The voices are bad, but not so bad and Winter Wrap Up sounds pretty good (though Winter Wrap Up is one of the few songs they translated into Turkish. Other songs are in English). But the worst part is the cencorships. They dubbed it as a show for little babies, let me give you some examples: They cencored almost 90% of Rarity's part in At the Gala song (At the Gala is another song that they've translated into Turkish), they translated Spike's "I have a crush on Rarity!" quote in Green Isn't Your Color as "Rarity puts on some weight" (I'm not kidding. Unbelievable, right?), they cencored the whole Hearth and Hooves Day episode (Which means there is no Hearth and Hooves Day, and it's not the only "missing" episode. They cencored some other episodes too that I do not remember now), they cencored Shining Armor and Cadance's kissing scene, and the scene where Pinkie Pie makes their toys kiss too! (Sorry for my bad English, hope you understood)

I also watched a few episodes in French too, it wasn't that bad in my opinion. Especially, I liked Becoming Popular in French more than its original version, but most of the other songs (Especially Smile song) sucks.

I watched the first season in the Latino dub, and I liked it. It was cute, and I personally loved the voices. I didn't continue because I couldn't find the rest of them.

I also watched the German episode of Party of One and really liked it. I was mostly through the first season when the channel uploading them got taken down.

Not to be pedantic, but the English dub is a dub. It just happens to be the original one. Every other language dub is a re-dub. I haven't personally watched any episodes in another language, but I listened to the Smile Song in both Japanese and French. I wanted to listen to the Bats song in Japanese, but season 4 isn't dubbed in Japanese yet, so I tried the French dub instead. I will say that I somehow think the Japanese dub of the Smile Song is better than the French dub. I think it's because Japanese girls naturally speak in a higher pitch, which suits Pinky Pie more, whereas the singer for the French Dub sings in a tone that's way too low for her. I think the French dub of the Bats song is better though. Then again, it was sung by Applejack, who suits a lower voice better. That is the sum total of my experience with other language dubs of the show.

I tried watching an episode in Russian a while ago, just for kicks. I dunno, it wasn't really my thing. However, i kind of wish they'd dub it in Hebrew if they ever air the show in Israel. We have amazing voice actresses here which i'd love hearing - especially during the songs.