Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food What is your favorite vegetable(s) to eat?

Naiya The Brony

I like:

Asparagus (It really does make your pee-pee smelly though!)

Broccoli

Carrots (Love them raw. Good for you healthy snacking!)

Cauliflower

Peas

Potatoes (Baked or mashed. No instant mashed please!)

Zucchini

And lots more!

(Look! I accidentally listed them in alphabetical order!)

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 3

Potatoes are best vegetable. They're so versatile. (mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, fries, etc.)

Definitely gets my recommendation. 10/10

Edited by LatinoChurro

Tomatoes are fruits, but they are working their way up to making it become a veggie. I love tomatoes. And potatoes, carrots, spinach, lettuce, cucumbers are still fruits. I really like them, too. Eggplants are really good, too.

What are these "vegetables" thou speakest of?

veg·e·ta·ble
ˈvejtəbəl,ˈvəjətə-/
noun

1. 1.
    a plant or part of a plant used as food, typically as accompaniment to meat or fish, such as a cabbage, potato, carrot, or bean.
  2. 2.
    informal
    a person with a dull or inactive life.
    "I thought I'd sort of flop back and be a vegetable for a bit"
    •  

adjective

1. 1.
    of or relating to vegetables as food.
    "a vegetable garden"

veg·e·ta·ble

ˈvejtəbəl,ˈvəjətə-/
noun

1. 1.
    a plant or part of a plant used as food, typically as accompaniment to meat or fish, such as a cabbage, potato, carrot, or bean.
  2. 2.
    informal
    a person with a dull or inactive life.
    "I thought I'd sort of flop back and be a vegetable for a bit"
    •  

adjective

1. 1.
    of or relating to vegetables as food.
    "a vegetable garden"

I must look into these "vegetables" at some point.

I am very.... intrigued.

i don't eat meat.

favorite veggies...

1. peas

2. potatoes

3. uh... i can't think of anything, but i know i'm forgetting something.  i'll let carrots be the placeholder.  lol

i'm more of a fruit person.

• Brohoof 1

Since mushrooms aren't a vegetable (but they totally should be), I can't really drone on about how they're the best thing in the universe here. :derp:

Let's go with asparagus. Asparagus, if cooked properly, can be the most heavenly vegetable out there, and if cooked badly, can be like shoestring leather. I like laying it in a pan, very lightly coating it with some freshly cracked pepper, drizzling olive oil on it, and baking it. Comes out nice and crispy and oh so tasty. :wub:

Second on my list would be parsnips. They're kind of sweet, and I have a sweet tooth. We were made for each other. :lol:

• Brohoof 3

Arty beat me to it. Oven-baked asparagus with olive oil and garlic salt is currently the love of my life. It's a snap to prepare, and thus I keep including it as a side with every dish. I care not what effect it has on the smell of urine.

I also have a thing for taking raw broccoli, slicing it thinly, and eating it with hummus. Great snack. Always hits the spot.

And kale. Significantly better than lettuce or spinach, if you ask me. 

• Brohoof 2

Let's go with asparagus. Asparagus, if cooked properly, can be the most heavenly vegetable out there, and if cooked badly, can be like shoestring leather. I like laying it in a pan, very lightly coating it with some freshly cracked pepper, drizzling olive oil on it, and baking it. Comes out nice and crispy and oh so tasty. :wub:

Roasted asparagus is to die for. Also serving it with a drizzling of hollandaise sauce...

:wub:

• Brohoof 3

Pumpkin. Nothing tops this.

But pumpkins are fruits. =P

I love pumpkins, though. I'm so glad that autumn is coming. I always have to get me a pumpkin (or twenty >.<) every autumn just because I love them... and I don't even know why. I guess it's the aesthetic of them? lol

I'll tell you what, coming from a town that is completely surrounded by it, if I didn't put it as number 1 on my list, I'd be a liar, liar, pants on fire.

#1. CORN

After that, hmm... I'll just make a list:

2. Green beans - nice and slow cooked, with ham or bacon... mmm... oh yes.

3. Potatoes (Sweet or regular - any kind) - someone here said that taters ain't good for yuh... bah!  Nonsense!  Starch is great for active people.  My dad says he used to eat a raw potato (which, I could not do, lol, he's badass like that) before he ran track back when he was in high school.

4. Celery - hahaha, I see celery getting alot of hate here, so I had to give a shoutout here.  I can just eat it straight up, right outta the fridge.  Or, if I'm feeling goofy, I'll put peanut butter on it.  Yum!

5. Squash (I think they're considered veggies, right?)... However, it's best with maple syrup ^_^

6. Lettuce.  Yah, it's a pretty "regular" and "meh" veggie, but, come on, who's gonna turn down a fresh salad. (btw, french/western dressing ftw)

7. Radishes - I like both the normal ones and the hot ones.  

hmm... 'bout all I can think of for now.

• Brohoof 1