Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food What is your favorite vegetable(s) to eat?

Naiya The Brony

(edited)
6 hours ago, Treble Bolt said:

Tomatoes, peppers, squash, and pumpkins are all fruits......

Wow, I haven't seen you in forever!

And you're very much right. I can understand why some people can't always tell the difference and I don't want to be a stickler about people having to know such details. Where I have to take issue with and be vocal is with tomatoes. There has actually been a misinformation campaign to label them as vegetables, even though they are fruits. It has been over five years since I took my Plants and People class, and I don't remember all of the details, but it had something to do with money, marketing, or something.

Also still bothered by mushrooms being classified as vegetables by products! Also, I still stand by my post from four years ago that mushrooms should never be eaten. lol

Edited by Envy

Celery. I'm not huge into veggies, and I used to hate celery, but now I like em'. :D It's a nice snack, you don't even need any sauce or condiment, just eat them plain. :nom:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I absolutely love potatoes and carrots, especially when cooked with a roast! A few other favorites are all sorts of peas, beans and corn. I'm not a fan of green leafy vegetables, tho.

I don't mind most vegetables. My favourite? That would be pumpkin, since I'm very fond of the taste.

Edited by Cash In

3 minutes ago, Supreme Leader Rarity said:

Yes, technically tomatoes are a fruit.

This world is seriously messed up.:lostit:

Pumpkins are also technically a fruit :P Also, most "nuts" aren't nuts either. Like peanuts are actually related to peas.

Thanks to a 3 day business trip where it seemed every restaurant insisted on drowning everything remotely healthy with cheese, I've genuinely warmed up to the taste of regular, no-cheese broccoli. I also gained a much bigger appreciation for corn on the cob, though asparagus I'm still a little "meh" on.

Its so hard to choose because as I grow older I enjoy more veggies every day.

But a few of my favs are red onions, butternut squash, pumpkin, corn, carrots (roasted preferred), potatoes, green beans, roma tomatoes, button mushrooms and broccoli. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

My tastes and diet have changed since I first commented on here, here's a list of my new favourite veggies!!

1. Brussel Sprouts

2. Broccoli

3. Carrot