Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's your favorite pony besides the mane 6?

Stone Cold Applejack

• 3 weeks later...

Luna without a doubt, a great example of a redemption story done right.

You mean LACK of a redemption story? Because even Luna Eclipsed is only kind of a redemption story and before that it's literally just "BLASTED WITH THE ELEMENTS AND THEN GOOD NOW". All the heel turns (Discord, Sunset, Trixie) have been kinda rushed at first but those got plenty of expanding later (expect Trixie unless you count the comics) Luna get's almost nothing, after LE she's basically a mentor figure and expository device.

It's easily the weakest done redemption in the series. I can get why because Luna unlike Discord and Sunset already knew how to be a good pony she just lost her way but it's still underwhelming for me.

Sorry for bringing a dead thread back but I had to give my thoughts.

Anyway on topic my favorites are Sunset Shimmer, Cadance, Celestia, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo in an undefined order.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz
  • Brohoof 1

Top five!

1. Cheerilee
  2. Derpy
  3. Vinyl scratch
  4. Bulk Biceps
  5. Zacora

in no order, sorry, I couldn't decide! xD 

You mean LACK of a redemption story? Because even Luna Eclipsed is only kind of a redemption story and before that it's literally just "BLASTED WITH THE ELEMENTS AND THEN GOOD NOW". All the heel turns (Discord, Sunset, Trixie) have been kinda rushed at first but those got plenty of expanding later (expect Trixie unless you count the comics) Luna get's almost nothing, after LE she's basically a mentor figure and expository device.

It's easily the weakest done redemption in the series. I can get why because Luna unlike Discord and Sunset already knew how to be a good pony she just lost her way but it's still underwhelming for me.

Sorry for bringing a dead thread back but I had to give my thoughts.

Anyway on topic my favorites are Sunset Shimmer, Cadance, Celestia, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo in an undefined order.

I agree, I would have liked to see her get more story, perhaps Nightmare Moon was still there buried deep inside her and she just didn't saying anything as not to worry her sister.

there is still time for her to get a proper redemption in my opinion, the only thing to do is cross our hooves and hope for the upcoming season.

• 1 year later...

no one else than princess luna herself, for those reasons (I'll just copypaste the text I wrote about "luna eclipsed" 'cause I'm a lazy little prick):

-----------------------------------------

I simply love that episode, not only because it's a luna-episode (my favourite princess :3 ), but because it perfectly shows me the reasons I like luna so much more than celestia or cadance. both of them seem to have no character-flaws, and even though they tend to make mistakes, they are always perfect, loving, understanding, they are suffering from no inner conflict. celestia has a lot of responsibilities, but this doesn't seem to put much pressure on her at all, same goes for cadence. luna, on the other side, struggled with her inner demon, nightmare moon, since season 5, and the mistakes from the past are still haunting her. she has flaws and has to deal with herself being her greatest fear, and that's why she is so much more interesting than her sister. also, we often see luna helping the ponies actively, unlike celestia, who is just...there. she exists, she rules the country, but we never really get to see that ('cept of course when she raises the sun). luna on the other side is helping the people of equestria overcoming their inner conflicts and facing their problems, therefore helping them in a way neither celestia or cadence can.

also, last but not least, she just has a calming, relaxing aura. when she visits someone in their dreams, flying down from the moon like being a part of the night...geez it just gives me the shivers.

-------------------------------

that's it.

My answer to this constantly changes, as I personally always change and identify with other ponies more.

As of now, my top 3 favorite non-Mane Six ponies are definitely Coco Pommel, Rara, and Minuette.