Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fandoms that are mostly female?

SolidTwilight

Pretty Little Liars and Homestuck. Also as someone else said I think there are lots of female Harry Potter fans.

Superwholock pplz

Actually

Marvel movies fandom

Like seriously

Brony fics? 80% lesbian ships

Avengers fics? Literally so much captain america / tony stark occasional mpreg its hilarious. So bout 80% or up gay ships there too

yes I have read both, very good

• Brohoof 1

It's usually the book fandoms I see more girls in. And from personal experience being female myself it was easy to find. :o

Being a female Potterhead, it's usually other females I meet in the Harry Potter fandom and I've so far never met any male fan of the series yet.

Though let's be real: they're mostly Draco Malfoy or Fred and George fangirls. Take it from my personal experience when I was 12. ._.

(Honestly I don't get why so many girls like Draco anyways other than they think he looks attractive. Even J.K. Rowling said that Draco is unable to love. Harry himself is unpopular compared to Draco. ...Poor Harry, I just don't get Malfoy fangirls...)

And with all the Fred fangirls still sobbing over their poor "Freddy Senpai Weasley"to quote my fangirly friend

(funny looking at my current avatar and signature with the Freddy part...)

being gone, Fred seems to be the most missed character in the series. And I'm only on the fifth book.

Same can said for another book series I love Percy Jackson. Everyone is a girl camper in this fandom. Then there are the Divergent and Hunger Games fans. Never have I met a guy actually in either of those fandoms

except a few boys from my Jr. High I go to.

Though it could be I guess girls seem to tend to read more than boys but still kinda annoys me that not much guys are reading these books despite being a girl myself.

Besides books anime also seems to attract a lot of girls. In my manga art class only one boy was in the class but he was nice and didn't seem to care at all. (I was also the only 13 year old while everyone was was 11, 9, or 12 and my sister was the only 8 year old. I didn't knew a lot of 11 year olds watched anime. O.o and they all looked 12 or my age.) Mainly for the stories I see in anime it seems or the characters. Especially the attractive male characters have the girls pandering to it which seems to lure them into the anime more.

I also have to agree with on Doctor Who, Supernatural, and Sherlock or such. A lot of geeky or nerdy girls I see commonly in them. My own cousin being apart of all three especially Doctor Who and Supernatural.

If anything I've only met a few boys that liked Doctor Who. Supernatural and Sherlock I'm having tough luck finding more guys in. Most of the girls I met that liked them mainly talked about and rambled on how like "Dean is so cute/hot" or "David Teenant is the best!" (Not to bash those fandoms or anything. They seem cool and I might check out the three shows when my dad allows me to watch such shows.)

Even fandoms like Invader Zim, Hey Arnold!, Danny Phantom, and such seem to woo the ladies a lot, oddly. :P

It seems though to me that in general because girls hang around the internet more, in my opinion, and discussing stuff over the web that they are found in fandoms more commonly. Only exception being this fandom mostly filled with guys. Kinda annoys me people don't acknowledge that grown woman and teenage girls also watch colorful ponies too which sounds as odd as a male doing it. :P

Males feel like by nature more active while females tend to stay and relax a lot especially on the web on their phones or lab tops and therefore being more exposed to fandomish stuff I guess. I can't find the right words or way to say this now all of a sudden but in short girls just seem to be more fandom active because of using the Internet more in my point of view. :P

Kingdom Hearts: the most annoying fandom per capita

And this is why children I'm ashamed to be a girl who likes the Kingdom Hearts games.

For there be those blasted SoRiku yaoi fangirls screaming their heads off at Karai for existing or Roaxs X Axel which is far worse. Not to mention the countless Riku fangirls claiming him as their husbando.

These blasted fangirls not caring about the actual gameplay or story like I'd prefer them to. Nope. It's the yaoi and hawt male characters it shall be!

Edited by 5NightsAtFazbear

Lol, if I didn't know any better, I'd say girls only like bad movies and terrible boy band music, according to you guys. C'mon, we've got good taste too. Sometimes. :please:

I'm not sure if it's necessarily got more female fans as opposed to males, but based on my experience, I can safely say that the Avatar fandom is pretty rife with the ladies. They're definitely the more vocal ones. And I'm not talking about the blue people Avatar. I'm talking Last Airbender/Korra Avatar, of course. I think the reason those shows draw such a vocal female audience is because they both boast some dynamic and powerful female lead characters, and of course the series is chock full of sappy romance storylines too. You won't find too many non-anime fandoms that are more passionate about shipping than the Avatards are, and well.... girls like that stuff lbr. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 2

I'd say things like Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Ace Attorney and Final Fantasy has pretty large amount of female fans, though I don't know if they're "mostly female".

Ouch. So I guess the belief still stands that usually whenever something has a female audience or is intended for females is unpleasant and low in quality despite the whole brony phenomenon and the fact that the SuperWhoLock shows are all great in quality as well (in fact, ahem- targeted towards all older genders and people)?

C'mon guys, let's cut the sexism. Having a mostly female fandom doesn't make something any less in quality for the content itself. It also doesn't mean females are prone to liking low quality media either. I may not personally prefer some bands that girls like that you listed above- and you most likely don't either but again, let's not generalize from the less desirable.

Thank you as a female fan myself I love so many things and they don't have to be considered feminine or masculine and if something is feminine it is looked down on sometimes it just makes me really disappointed because I love this fanbase but at times do not feel like I am truly welcomed

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, probably Avatar and InuYasha have a large female fanbase; I have yet to meet a fellow male specimen that enjoys InuYasha as much as I did :D. Also many books have large female fanbases along with some shows like already mentionened Supernatural f.e.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

ANY anime with a lot of subjectively "attractive" boys, like My Hero Academia or Danganronpa. I also find that the Harry Potter fandom is pretty filled with girls...but yeah, basically wherever there's hot male characters, there's a lot of girls:lie:

• Brohoof 1

I'd imagine most of them were already mentioned (and comparing it to my own experiences with them):

• Harry Potter (Not really a particularly big fan of it, like the movies but other than that, nah. Don't really like JKR anyways, f***ing TERF.)
  • Supernatural (Haven't seen any of it. Knew a straight, male fan of it in high school actually...)
  • My Hero Academia (Been meaning to get into that show, actually... Know a male fan of it, but he's probably in the closet.)
  • Twilight Saga (Well, I'm gay and I don't find the men in this attractive and it seems like utter $#!+ anyways.)
  • Yuri on Ice (I'd imagine... A lot of gay guys makes for a large female fanbase, pretty much. Know several female fans, but only one male, IRL (who's probably LGBT))

Now if we wanted to talk about what I'm into partially because of attractive men... Well... :mlp_icwudt: I've got nothing on that. Though I did used to like Justin Bieber in Middle School because I thought he looked cute and I had poor taste. :sealed: Also may or may not like Hazbin as much as I do because I like Alastor... :secret:

Edited by Angel_Dust

16 hours ago, Angel_Dust said:

I'd imagine most of them were already mentioned (and comparing it to my own experiences with them):

• Harry Potter (Not really a particularly big fan of it, like the movies but other than that, nah. Don't really like JKR anyways, f***ing TERF.)
  • Supernatural (Haven't seen any of it. Knew a straight, male fan of it in high school actually...)
  • My Hero Academia (Been meaning to get into that show, actually... Know a male fan of it, but he's probably in the closet.)
  • Twilight Saga (Well, I'm gay and I don't find the men in this attractive and it seems like utter $#!+ anyways.)
  • Yuri on Ice (I'd imagine... A lot of gay guys makes for a large female fanbase, pretty much. Know several female fans, but only one male, IRL (who's probably LGBT))

Now if we wanted to talk about what I'm into partially because of attractive men... Well... :mlp_icwudt: I've got nothing on that. Though I did used to like Justin Bieber in Middle School because I thought he looked cute and I had poor taste. :sealed: Also may or may not like Hazbin as much as I do because I like Alastor... :secret:

I mean I like my hero! XD

• Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...
(edited)

The petz fandom ;) a fandom around an old school game. Hec u can make ur own petz within it using the tools people have created. I hear people have even made mlp style ponies :0 but i dun have the files :c

There are other virtual pet game fandoms the i suspect are more female than anything. Tamagotchi I guess too. (It's strange cuz they started off targeted to boys I think or at least to everyone) ooh and neopets

Maybe also those farm games or gem games on mobile idk if they actually have "fandoms" though lol just a big female playbase. 

Sherlock has a lot of female fans dunno proportions

Edited by flurry

Hetalia, animal crossing and yaoi haha. Those fandoms have a lot of girls although the yaoi fandom is more like manga readers. Yet there are also many girls that are manga readers too though often they prefer yaoi that is.

• Brohoof 2

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure the Steven Universe fandom, the Miraculous Ladybug fandom, a lot of Disney fandoms, and a lot of book fandoms are mostly female. 

• Brohoof 4

On 8/9/2015 at 1:08 AM, Sugar Cube said:

Lol, if I didn't know any better, I'd say girls only like bad movies and terrible boy band music, according to you guys. C'mon, we've got good taste too. Sometimes. :please:

I'm not sure if it's necessarily got more female fans as opposed to males, but based on my experience, I can safely say that the Avatar fandom is pretty rife with the ladies. They're definitely the more vocal ones. And I'm not talking about the blue people Avatar. I'm talking Last Airbender/Korra Avatar, of course. I think the reason those shows draw such a vocal female audience is because they both boast some dynamic and powerful female lead characters, and of course the series is chock full of sappy romance storylines too. You won't find too many non-anime fandoms that are more passionate about shipping than the Avatards are, and well.... girls like that stuff lbr. :adorkable:

Oh yes, Avatar for sure.

Homestuck has come up a few times, but yeah, I can back that up. Whenever you go to a con with a group of girls, we were basically all into Homestuck back then.