Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been robbed/mugged?

I_wesley125

My question is has anybody ever tried to break into your house or mug you?

I once had my microwave stolen and another time I found someone in my house at night trying to steal my TV but I managed to hit him a few times with a baseball bat and scare him off, and I was mugged once but the guy had an airsoft gun with a crappy paint job and a swift kick to the nuts(I know that's a cheap move) brought him down.

(edited)

Um...no?

I live in a safe neighborhood, so I don't really have to worry about getting robbed.

Actually, my mom's car got broken into one time, does that count?

Edited by RainbowDash92

My home was broken into while I was away camping with my parents around the age of four... I don't know the details, but we were able to get more or less everything that was stolen back - a good thing, too, since my family was fairly poor back then.

Someone tried to rob me when I was in ninth grade in a parking garage, but I didn't have a single thing on me to steal... the guy kept trying to harass me (apparently thinking I must have had something in some sort of hidden pocket) until a security guard happened to stroll along, at which point he took off.

I don't worry too much about getting mugged or anything at this point. My neighborhood is safe enough that I can comfortably wander around at night regularly without running into any suspicious folks... and if worse comes to worse, I have a pointy thing in my pocket most of the time.

I lived many years of my life in a dangerous country and I was never robbed face to face, however I was robbed by people who claimed to be my 'friends', I usually got money taken out of my wallet when i left it unattended. :/. I remember also my friend got robbed after he left my residence, he was robbed by a man with a pocket knife, he took his siemens phone (remember those xD? ) and his wallet. Very common in third world countries.

I lived many years of my life in a dangerous country and I was never robbed face to face, however I was robbed by people who claimed to be my 'friends', I usually got money taken out of my wallet when i left it unattended. :/. I remember also my friend got robbed after he left my residence, he was robbed by a man with a pocket knife, he took his siemens phone (remember those xD? ) and his wallet. Very common in third world countries.

Where do you live?

I personally haven't but I know people who have, a while back a person from my school got robbed, I don't know if someone broke in to their house or something but they found everything in the little gap between their house and the house next door. it was crazy.

(edited)

My house got broken into when I was 5.

I'm not sure if I felt sorry for the robbers though considering all they stole was my dads fishing rod and the bucket of fish beside it.

Edited by Gingerpotato

my house (well my parent's house) was broken into a couple of year back when we were on holiday, although actually they didn't take much, (only a small TV and some of my mum's jewellery) and my parent's car has had the radio stolen twice in the past five years. But I do live in a moderately notorious (not the worst but not the best either) area. (moving out of it soon :D)

also some guy tried to mug me once, didn't turn out well for him because he didn't realise that your supposed to actually ROB people when you mug them, not just ask them for stuff threateningly and wave your fists at them. (I think he was drunk)

I've had money stolen off me at school when I leave money unattended. It's not usually much. 20p, but once, I had £3 stolen off me. Someone also stole £15 that was going to a dying child.

Fortunately, I have never been robbed or mugged. I grew up in a small city (population of 33,000) which was rather quiet, and until a few years ago, there was not much crime there. I then moved to a wealthly neighborhood (I lived in an apartment in this neighborhood; I am not wealthy) in St. Paul, Minnesota and I lived there for four years. Nothing happened to me while I was there, but I heard about some robberies that happened a few miles from where I lived. Given that I am an introvert that is often alone, I eventually deciced to get a concealed carry permit, and I typically carry a loaded Gen 4 GLOCK 19 pistol when I am out and about.

Given that my roommate moved away late last summer and I had nopony else to trust as a roommate, I used the opportunity to move closer to work, as I have been working in a suburb (my old home in St. Paul was 20 miles from where I work). I moved to the suburb of Chaska in late August, and as far as I know, not much happens here in terms of criminal activity. Nevertheless, I am prepared and I continue to carry a concealed firearm on me when possible. Futhermore, I have always been prepared to defend myself from an intruder in my home (if necessary), and my Gen 3 GLOCK 17 pistol is outfitted with a 150 lumen tactical light for such a purpose.

• Brohoof 2

I must say, if I can remember correctly, I was mugged outside of a Tesco. Not too close from it but not too far. He stole my god damned phone.

I must say, if I can remember correctly, I was mugged outside of a Tesco. Not too close from it but not too far. He stole my god damned phone.

Someone at my school once stole my phone and denied it.

Having a Windows Phone has its perks, you can track it from your Hotmail account and turns out he did take it.

Yes. I ordered food from a Chinese restaurant and they charged me an extra dollar.

Jokes aside, no I've never been robbed or mugged. My sister almost got robbed, but they let her go because she was a girl, and only robbed her friends. What gentlemen... :wacko:

Well my family has had our truck stolen... 3 times.

We got the radio stolen from our van... 2 times.

And some one once stole my favorite pokemon card. I ordered them by least important to most important.

• Brohoof 2

I live in a safe enough place that I don't get robbed.

Well, someone stole my bike once back in fifth grade or so, but I was getting too old for it anyway.

Oh, and my food gets stolen all the time in school.

Back in high school, I had my subwoofers and CD player stolen right out from in the parking lot. It wasn't long after that they put up some security cameras scattered around.

About a year after that happened, I had another set of subwoofers stolen right out from in our driveway. We live about a mile and a half outside of the nearest town (population on 277 ^^").

While living in upstate NY, I had my laptop stolen from my room while at work, and the next day someone kicked down my door in the middle of the day and stole my Xbox at knife point. The Xbox I got back, not so much the laptop.

Dude.

I've been robbed a few times, but the most notable time was the time my wife and I were set upon by three guys with guns, at night, after work, right outside of our apartment. After they took her purse (with her camera and a bunch of other expensive stuff), our laptop and all our money, they started heading off with her. Luckily, they took off when a guy walking his pitbull turned the corner to see what was going on.

Freakiest night ever. It still gets my heart pumping, just thinking about it. Makes me wish I could have done something.

We moved after that. :lol: Have had no problems at all after moving to San Diego county, other than the astronomical price of rent. :P

Moral of the story: Sacramento is not the place for us, and beware if you hang out near Arden Fair.

I've been robbed/mugged twice. One was on the street, and the other was at the gas station where I work. Both were at gunpoint. The first time, I didn't really think about what was happening until I realized that I just gave some person my wallet.

Been robbed 8 times in the past 4 years, all in September and December

the college textbook game is a rough one. Pay $200 to rent a book you hardly ever use and only get $20 back when you're done. Ludicrous.

• Brohoof 3

I've been robbed/mugged twice. One was on the street, and the other was at the gas station where I work. Both were at gunpoint. The first time, I didn't really think about what was happening until I realized that I just gave some person my wallet.

I know that feel...

Doesn't seem real when it's happening, huh? Then afterwards you get that sick stomach and have to make a lot of calls to stop all those cards. :(

A guy tried to mug me in NYC when my parents left me for about 5 minutes to ask for directions. Kick to the nuts always works. ALWAYS.