Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's Your Favorite OC?

BaBaBrony

Does anyone have any favorite OC ponies that were created by fans? I am a big fan of these two twin pegasus ponies that were created as the daughters of Rainbow Dash and Soarin'. Their names are Ragtag and Shooting Star. I think Ragtag is the rainbow one. Here is a picture of them hanging out with big sis Sweetie Belle :3

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

So who do you guys/gals/ponies think has the best OC in your opinion?

Tell us why you think so?

(I like Lolnus' OC imo, cause the Lime Green really shows off it's eyes ^_^)

Yeah, so this might sound arrogant, and I'm sorry if this bothers anyone, but I think my OC is quite good. I'm not especially attached to her, and I barely even roleplay with her, but I find her to be the best of all the OCs I've seen in this fandom. Others' OCs tend to be insanely overpowered or has some tragic sob story, because they obsess with making their OCs "unique." Mine is really just a commonfolk you might pass by on your daily morning strolls. Clarity isn't especially unique, but that's what makes her unique. Confusing? Read this.

• Brohoof 2

For me it´s kind of a draw between Firebolts and Obsidian_Winters OC... they both are just way awesome designed, the colors are in parts the same and in parts the opposite... lol, idk.

I don´t even have an own OC yet, if I had one he would be of course my no. 1 xD

• Brohoof 1

Would it be bad to say my own? Cos, I quite like my OC, and it's an Oc that cant be made in any pony generator, ever.

Links cos stupid phone is stupid.

http://urdeh.deviantart.com/art/OC-Firebolt-Redone-356748189?q=gallery%3Aurdeh%2F35788966&qo=5

http://urdeh.deviantart.com/art/Just-another-OC-thing-358569161?q=gallery%3Aurdeh&qo=2

http://urdeh.deviantart.com/art/Trixie-Plushie-Hug-359020693?q=gallery%3Aurdeh&qo=1

Also: Backstory, personality, and such are in the link in my signature.

Edited by Mothybolt

Two of my OCs have a tragic backstory in the past where their parents died in an accident, but I guess that they aren't all that bad,

On topic: I adore a number of OCs, Key Gear's OC (Of the same name) is one of the most detailed OCs out there IMO. Arylett's OC Artsy Dreamscapes is also another one.

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

I have seen plenty of adorable and awesome OC's. For example, Key gear, Azura, Ion, Colt, Silverwisp the Bard, Firebolt, Flow and so on... It would be incredibly hard to pick one out. I'm not someone who looks at backstories. I mostly rate an OC by their appearance... Let's just say, the ones i mentioned are the best in my opinion tongue.png

Edited by Concord
  • Brohoof 2

Sadly I don't think I know any of you fellows well enough to really know much about your OC's. This thread has already been a nice look at some though. I do like the art on Firebolt.

• Brohoof 1

I love any OC that does not have:

• Eye-hurting colors

• Bat wings

• Broken horn

• Alicorndom (especially if it also has points 2 or/and 3)

• Bullshit backstory

• Marked body (zebra stripes, variants of zebra stripes)

I can deal with alicorns as long as they are just regular ponies with a regular horn + wings. But only if they aren't used for Roleplay.

My favorites from the forum are Zygen's, Firebolt's and Concord, to be on topic.

Edited by Megamare
  • Brohoof 6

I like my own OC, but since her colors are pretty bright, not that many people like her  for appearance.

If I had to choose someone else's, I's choose Key Gear's OC, because although she has simple colors, she is very pretty, and I like her cutie mark and stuff. She's adorable! :3

• Brohoof 1

Is it cheating to say that I like Lauren Faust's alicorn OC?  The coloration is very simple, but it's also unique; the hair style, again, is simple and unique; and she just looks very kind.  As for ones on this forum... I don't really know.  I feel like I'd be biased because the only OCs I really know are from people that I see post a lot and also have their OCs as their avatar.

• Brohoof 2

Thats a tough question, considering you will have to thing about the individuals oc, and look at their bio, design, talents, and give an overall opinion.

To be honest, I like everyone's OC. Ok sure, that sounds silly, but think about it, everyone here has potential, and can produce some wonderful OC's :) I don't know if my OCs are any good, but I sure as heck know, that everyone's OC here in this forum has some wonderful and enjoyable OC's to rp with.

:) 

• Brohoof 2

I think we all know who has the best OC, a certain person with a certain OC who certainly has blue hair and with boxing gloves...

Anyway I think that Motion Spark has a very good OC, it seems to be what one should be like without going massively overboard on everything. I actually really like the one created for Tara Strong as well.

Fluffle Puff has been my favorite so far.  She's just so entertaining.  ;)  http://askflufflepuff.tumblr.com/  It's a simple enough idea...a ridiculously fluffy pony, but add to that some apparent, erm, social maladjustments and a lack of speech and she just gets better.

Of course I like my own, ;)  http://couchpony.tumblr.com  but I'm realistic enough to know he's nowhere near 'the best OC.'  

The criteria I'd set for such an OC would be:

Interesting back story (appropriate for the pony's age and the MLP setting!  If it's grimdark they don't come from the main Equestria universe, though misfortune is certainly still possible in that setting.)

Interesting and distinctive character design (avoiding obnoxious look-at-mes like radioactive colors, non-unicorn horns, alicorns [your back story would have to be epic as hell to excuse an alicorn character, sorry] or silly weaponry/accessories a pony couldn't realistically use.)

An appropriate cutie-mark and balanced special talent (if the character has even earned their cutie-mark yet.)  You get a sense of what is and isn't possible, and what is and isn't *typical* by watching the show.  Any pony more powerful than Trixie magically is very rare, and ponies more athletically-gifted than Applejack are fairly rare.  Rainbow Dash's flying skills are nigh-legendary (no one else is pumping out Sonic Rainbooms) though Lightning Dust was definitely a peer.  The Mane 6 are heroes, they stand out.  Making your character on a level with them is presumptuous, at best.  Suggesting they *aspire* to be as awesome is great however, and through roleplaying or stories you may write, you can show how your character struggled to reach that lofty tier.  Yay, character development!

Depth is very valuable.  It's the difference between knowing your character has a family...and knowing those family members' names, what their personalities are like, and how growing up with them shaped your own character.  What's your OC's favorite food?  Favorite musician?  Are they any good at ice-skating?  Does the sight of blood freak them out?  Do they get along with foals?  What's the most frightened they've ever been?     Even if these facts never surface in a RP or story, they influence what your OC does.  They're like the invisible dice-rolling mechanics programmed into games that determine whether your barbarian hits that slime and how much damage is done if he does.  Without that framework, it's just guesswork what your character does, or (potentially worse) it's just what you personally would do in that situation.  If your character IS you in a pony skin, then that's fine and dandy, but otherwise...

• Brohoof 3

I don't remember her username is villan97_Cannon, but her OC is Shade Bluewind

Now, now.  I know lots of people would be like 'TOO SPECIAL!  UNREALISTIC!'

But come on.  Lots of us want to make unique OCs.  It makes them extra fun to roleplay as.

Shade Bluewind is a halfling.  Half a changeling and half a pony.

And I think she made this OC before the comics came out.

So she had to create all this changeling stuff, by herself.

Now if that isn't creative I don't know what is.

Edited by Feather Gem

I like Skipsy/ Sweet Strokes. He's just so, well, cute for lack of a better word.  

post-13775-0-49870700-1364628436_thumb.jpgpost-13775-0-94022400-1364628453_thumb.jpg

See I told you wink.png

There are also some other OCs that I like, but I can't remember their names at the moment.  

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...