Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what would Fluttershy think?

Danfo98

In the comics it doesn't bother her that animals eat each other, or fight each other over disputes. She just think that "nature is so fascinating".

But she would likely be bothered by factory farming, as has been said.

she cares for plenty of animals that eat meat.

so I don't see her caring much about about diets.

unless she also knew about factory farms...

then she'd probably think we were either stupid or evil.

I think she would be okay with us eating what we need to to survive, since I'm sure she feels that way about other animals who eat animals.

Factory farming on the other hand would probably reduce her to tears. To be honest that would probably be enough for her to see our species as monsters.

Hell, it's enough to reduce me to tears and make me think of my own species as monsters.  But I'm a hypocrite and still eat meat.  If I could live in a small Native American village or something, and hunt for food and live in harmony with nature, I would, but that just ain't gonna fly.  You do as much as you can.  But I agree on the Fluttershy thing.

Fluttershy knows and understands that some animals need to eat meat in order to survive so she wouldn't hate humans for that but would not approve of the factory farming methods of animals spending most of their lives being cooped up in overcrowded, unsanitary pens and pumped full of anti biotics and growth hormones. And was also be greatly disturbed at the amount of pollution from this and many other human practices.

I mean no disrespect to anyone when I say this but humans do not "need meat in order to survive", every vegetarian/vegan is living proof of that. I personally haven't eaten meat in almost 15 years and not only am I very much alive, I've never been healthier. Humans are not obligate carnivores, we can thrive on a plant based diet. I'm not bashing anyone for what they may or may not eat, just stating a fact. :)  That being said I still don't think Fluttershy would hate anyone, she would certainly hate some of the things we do but wouldn't hate us. I could see her visiting a farm sanctuary and being right at home with all the rescued animals! That'd be a major cuteness overload. I should draw it.

PS: Yes as someone else pointed out, some of her animals eat meat - I'm a strict vegan myself but I feed my cats meat because well, they're cats. :P

Edited by DragonFlyer

She wouldn't hate Humans for being meat-eaters, a few of her critter friends (the Bear being the most obvious) are meat-eaters themselves and you can see she doesn't treat them any different from the others. Keeping in mind there are Humans that are vegetarians so she could never dislike/hate Humans in general. Fluttershy's not exactly the type that would 'hate' at all to be honest. She dislikes those that seek to hurt animals, but hates a strong word to use when it concerns Fluttershy. Also, in the 'Dragonshy' episode she explains that a fully grown Dragon and I quote "could eat a Pony in one bite", but after she reasoned with him, she was perfectly okay. She may have a fear with some carnivores like Dragons but there's no hate there. Fluttershy is the most accepting Pony of the mane 6 too, it's not in her nature to judge one on what their diet is, what they like/dislike, etc.

There has been some talk on how she wouldn't be too pleased in how some Humans treat animals like slaughter houses and such. To be honest, that's a different subject itself but I don't think she'd judge all Humans on the actions of some. I'm pretty sure she'd be completely against hunting too. If Humans or anything that eats meat ever concerned her, it would have to be this, and I'll put this in a spoiler tag as it can upset somepony's:

The Horse meat thing. I remember not long ago there was a thing where Burgers contained Horse meat in them and it put a hell of a lot of People off over that. I think there's a place where eating Horse meat is a thing/something that's normal. I honestly wouldn't know how Fluttershy, heck all the Ponies would react when they hear about this but I'd doubt they'd take it well. I'd never ever eat Horse meat; seriously, a Brony eating Horse meat? that would be like cannibalism. Still, that would probably be the thing that would put Fluttershy off if anything was to about the whole meat eating thing.

Back to the main question; a species diet doesn't affect her liking in any way so I'd say she'll be totally fine with it. As already said, there are vegetarians so she couldn't ever dislike Humans in general even if it did bother her.

Edited by -Celestia-

There's not much meat products I personally eat: mainly chicken and hot dog wieners. But I prefer pasta, fruits, and vegetables more than meat products.

I think as long as we keep Fluttershy away from the slaughter houses........ :ph34r: 

Edited by WiiGuy2014

Well, she's friends with a bear, has been shown to feed fish to one of her animal friends in one scene of an episode and worms to a nest full of baby birds in another.

So, the concept itself probably wouldn't bother her too much.

For people who eat horse meat, she would probably understandably be concerned, though.

Flutters would understand it's what we need to do to feed the population.

Well ponies are vegetarians, so they can't really do a factory farm episode unless they talk about what ponies do to keep the bigger species from going carnivore on the pony race. The closest they might do is eggs cause I think ponies still need eggs for cake and stuff.

That stuff going on IRL makes me sad also, but really it's either that or we let the animals go wild and hunt them. This is just a more humane form of hunting to feed the population. Or that's how I justify it to help me sleep at night. I still think it's nuts.

I saw this fan gif animation about Twilight remembering she ate bacon as a hum-ony when she's back home and being sad about the animals. Not that she was actually shown eating much, but she *could* have tried some bacon offscreen.

Edited by bronislav84

I don't think she'd outright hate us.. that just doesn't seem Fluttershy. I'd imagine her giving a stern stare of disapproval to the offenders though.

mad_fluttershy_black_ops_2_emblem_by_mag

:confused: i mean she feed LIVE worms to birds and fish to a seal so i don't understand why she'd be mad

Well there's a good point, but it goes back to the point a lot of ponies are saying here about she'd be fine with killing and eating to survive, but she wouldn't like the mistreatment. I've volunteered at the SPCA for just a few days and honestly some of the things people have done to their pets is so gutwrenching that Fluttershy would lose it, and that's pets, people have an infanite capacity for cruelness towards animals.

But another point I don't think has been raised, the human Fluttershy (even thought she has grown up as a human and would be "used to it") doesn't hate the rest of us, she remains loyal and loving to her animal friends but that doesn't mean she would get angry at people for eating meat.

Another side note, a new question... How would Fluttershy react if Rairty used a LOT of animal fur on a dress???

• Brohoof 1

My feeling is she would probably react with disdain for our species, not to the degree of hate.

She would also preach vegetarianism. As for slaughter houses and animal mistreatment, she would me mortified, and likely join the SPCA as an Agent, woe be to those who gain her attention!

She would be willing to forgive those that choose her path.

Another side note, a new question... How would Fluttershy react if Rairty used a LOT of animal fur on a dress???

I doubt they'd be friends if that was the case. It's just not something I can imagine Rarity getting behind anyway.

It's just not something I can imagine Rarity getting behind anyway.

I totally agree that Rarity wouldn't but the idea has been going about in my head today, because Fluttershy would be disgusted, no way would she stand for it however, Rarity could be rather stubborn if she thinks it looks fabulous... These questions keep me up at night ;)

I totally agree that Rarity wouldn't but the idea has been going about in my head today, because Fluttershy would be disgusted, no way would she stand for it however, Rarity could be rather stubborn if she thinks it looks fabulous... These questions keep me up at night ;)

I think they would end up with some kind of fake fur compromise, anyway.  Rarity would certainly be talented enough to come up with a substitute.

• Brohoof 2

She won't hate us, but she'll really really really really dislike us. And all while I eat juicy Double Double from In-N-Out