Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which country would you move to if you had to move to a different one?

CosmicHooves

Canada. No question about it. I've already got plans in place for me to move there. There is no way I'm staying in the U.S for the rest of my life. When the shit hits the fan I'm not staying to be hit in the face by it. Also the fact that cops can get away with killing you and they get nothing, but suspension or vacation days taken off.

Edited by Countess Noodle
  • Brohoof 1

I would probably go back to the country of my ancestors: Canada. Although, I was born in Texas, I am of French Canadian descent, my parents moved to Texas in 1976, from Montreal, Quebec, I have been there many times, and every time I go back to Canada, I really want to stay, I feel at home there. Everyday I feel alienated by American city life, Houston use to be a quite and gentle place, now it is coarse, rude and noisy, I can't stand for that any more, the people have sold their souls to the company store, just for pretty cars and parties, all of it bought on credit, it seems like everyone is losing their minds. This corruption at personal and political levels gives me a desire to leave, back to Canada, where I can vanish, but not completely, I love the woods yet I can still go to town, and have a life and a hobby, plus with fewer people the greater share of humanity, I don't mind the cold, it has never bothered me, I can enjoy going out in the cold, after all, I have seen city people with cabin fever, and the weather is pleasant, but they are afraid to step out side because of crime or avoid spending money, I have a craving for adventure, and the American cities are just not worth the prise of convenience, Canada with its untamed wilderness, and jovial people, I would someday find my hectares of land, whether it is Quebec or Ontario, home is where the heart is.   

• Brohoof 2

Personally, I wouldn't mind anywhere else other than here. The world is so much bigger than here and I love to explore. I would say Italy would be my option, not saying 100% but I love the food, clothing and the language itself.

I would rather live in the US instead of living in countries such as Japan or England where I will be considered a foreigner. The UK and Europe as a whole have become unwelcoming due to the rise of right-wing anti-immigrant parties. Canada, Australia, and New Zealand are decent places to live in and are multicultural nations of immigrants just like the US.

Pretty much any Nordic country, namely Iceland or Denmark. Aside from adoring the languages and food, the idea of being somewhere that has more than a few hundred years of its own history in its museums is a definite attraction.  Plus, it could also help me with my dream job of Medieval Norse archeology, since I'll be in the country already :P

• Brohoof 1

1. America but just because my fiance lives there and I'm not gonna drag him to Poland... that'd be like terrible death sentence to him.

2. Denmark seems like ideal place for me! I'd gladly try living there. ^^

3. Australia maybe. It's hot and everything is trying to kill you. ....perfect.

One possibility is Japan. Even though my Japanese is a bit rusty, I appreciate the cultural significance of this wonderful country. It's a great place for sushi, technology, it has a very standard of living, and has the highest life expectancy in the world. It would be a pleasure to live in Japan.

Another possibility is any of the Scandinavian countries. From what I've heard, countries like Norway and Finland are some of the most developed nations in the world, with high quality standards of living, beautiful scenery, and an overall tranquil, happy atmosphere. I will instantly absorb its rich culture, and I will be pleasantly reminded of Skyrim, except without dragons or magic.

• Brohoof 2

Nobody said Romania

Prob the UK, US or Australia... ( but id g to Germany or the Netheralands as well... if i knew the language)

China, or Germany. Or Argentina. Language might make it a bit rough of a transition, but i'm willing to learn; the reasons why i chose these three countries are;

China - This giant of human population produces lots of things, technology, my main interest is among these. That, and there seem to be many strangers immigrating to China, so being a lonely face in the crowd, a shadow which nobody cares to look at can be a nice way to start a life without too much scrutiny.

Germany - There's something commendable about the way Germans uphold their laws. Even though there are many caricatures of the German people as angry and unpleasant, most that i know of are actually great people. I actually have some distant family living there, which is an added bonus.

Argentina - Really nice people, an interesting country, and lots of tourism in the general area (South America looks amazing, and i definitely wanna make a trip there and see the sights). 

• Brohoof 1

Probably either Australia or Germany; maybe Canada.

Of course I don't have any plans to move right now. Money is an issue, and I'm not in that big of a hurry. We'll see what happens though...

I think I would say Germany. Out of the European countries, that's my #1. Finland is #2, and Italy is #3.

Ireland.

They have fairies, beer, green grass, sheep, cute guys,
hawthorne trees, cabbage, beer. Everything's pretty there.

SOLD!!!

Edited by Skyactiv
  • Brohoof 1

If I was 40 years younger & spoke Chinese, Communist China.

1) Statistically, USA has more people in jail than China & per capita you have 10x the chance to go to jail in USA (based on # in jail per 1000 adults)

2) USA has a greater gap than China does on wealthiest & poorest 1/5 the population.  Your chances of being a millionaire are better in China than in USA, especially if you are not a lottery winner, pro athlete, or in show biz.

3) + China's economy is doing better & growing faster & has a better health care system.