Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which element of harmony do you have the most trouble following?

Soaring Symphony

Out of the six elements of harmony (honesty, kindness, loyalty, genorosity, laughter, and magic (or if you prefer (according to Celestia in "Magical Mystery Cure"), integrity compasion devotion, charity, optimism, and leadership)) which one do you most struggle with?  Nobody's perfect and, odds are, there's at least one of these virtues that you don't follow very well.  Which one is it???????  

DISCLAIMER: I'd really appreciate if you'd actually explain why you have trouble following (insert element of harmony here) and giving some ideas on how you think you could improve on it.  As apposed to just saying "element of _______" and leaving it at that.

EDIT: about the Element of Magic, I'll admit, that element is a little vague about what virtue it really represents.  As far as I can tell, I believe that element is actually empathy (putting others before yourself) because that is the root of both friendship and leadership.  As important as honesty, loyalty, generosity, kindness, and laughter may be to keeping a friendship afloat, they're all meaningless if the person trying to follow those virtues doesn't give a flying feather about those around them.  The element of magic is really empathy because empathy is the true core of any friendship, and friendship is magic.

In case you didn't catch that,

magic = empathy

Edited by Serenade
  • Brohoof 2

Laughter, I really need to learn to laugh on myself. I often take things like jokes too seriously and I get all upset and start crying.  I take things too seriously and it's kinda hurting my relationships with people. I've been trying to loosen up a little lately though =)

• Brohoof 1

for me it would probably have to be Genorosity.  Growing up, my mom always told me to put at least 10% of my money in savings, give at least 10% to charity, and keep whatever's left over for myself.  For some reason, I can never seem to remember to give the 10% to charity.

• Brohoof 4

Laughter. I fake it most of the time, and when I do laugh, it can be over such stupid things  -_- I can take things too seriously sometimes, and I'm not sure how to make others laugh either...  :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

Generosity I think, it's hard to be generous sometimes, I don't know how Rarity does it. :P I guess it's something natural.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

Loyalty. I am fickle.

I can laugh at myself, I tell the truth even when I shouldn't (and never lie to myself - I seem pathologically incapable of doing that) I give a lot to charitable causes and I have often gone above and beyond the call of duty in order to give to others, I can lead even when I do not intend to, and I am capable of being kind even to those whome others deem unworthy of such consideration.

But I cannot align myself with any one person or ideal. I can switch sides in an instant and often reject people on an unconscious whim. I tend to live in the moment and do not stick by people on the grounds of our past together. I make snap judgements and change my mind at a moment's notice.

• Brohoof 1

Generosity. My dad is VERY greedy, so growing up in his house, well I guess It grew on me...

I do give a bit of change to charities as I pass by them in the mall or something though, but naturally I don't like dishing money out.

• Brohoof 1

This a super tough one but... Friendship. In truth, it makes sense. I have problems making friends, let alone trusting them. I'm a super nice guy but it's because of my sometimes crippling shyness. I'm a bit open behind a computer screen yes but if I met any of you here in person, I'm very reserved and shy. I'll make an attempt to talk but don't expect me to bather too much to you till I warm up more.

Edited by Sadist the Wanderer
  • Brohoof 1

Well, the closest thing to a cardinal sin I express is Pride, which I've just realized basically shows a lack in almost all of them.

I've never considered myself a nasty person, but I've just realized how much I lack many of the Elements... I don't belong in this fandom :unsure:  

Edited by Sanctified Absence
  • Brohoof 1

I probably have trouble being honest just because I feel uncomfortable just telling the truth so I lie and that leads to me being in a worse position then before so with that said I should just tell the truth instead of being caught in the act

• Brohoof 1

Honesty. I lie and make excuses quite a lot and I really need to stop doing that. The best way to that would be to stop getting myself into situations where excuses are necessary, I guess.

The fact is, though, I procrastinate, fail to meet deadlines and thus break promises, and then I have to think of a reason why I did that that doesn't involve saying 'I'm a lazy bastard.' My biggest task in life right now is to pull that one around.

Edited by KatonRyu

Kindness. Mostly due to fact of some mental instabilities. Somtimes i have said harsh things or lashed out verbally at friends and family, when i don't mean to.

Not sure why i do it, i don't like doing it. :x

Sadly i've lost every friend outside internet now due to this. (guess alot of people can't tolerate it, or just don't understand if you tell them)

So Kindness probably is mostly the element i struggle with the most.

Honesty. Sometimes there are some truths about people that they don't know themselves that would only cause pain if brought up. I have certainly had to lie through my teeth many times to even my closest friends. But only because I know that the truth would really hurt them.

For me it'd be Laughter, at least in my real life escapades. I'm usually a pretty serious person as is, but I find it difficult to interact much with the lifestyle of most of my college classmates.. I'm not one for parties or drinking or pretty much anything to do with the average student lifestyle or nightlife in general, so I do sometimes feel like the odd one out. I'm still happier being myself then pretending to be someone I'm not mind, and I have good friends outside college I can have a laugh with, so I wouldn't say it's something that's completely absent from my life, but its definitely the element that has the least presence.

Apart from that I have to say I feel pretty balanced amongst the rest of the elements. Honesty would probably be the next one down I'd struggle with, but I wouldn't say its a problem. I don't like lying outright to people's faces, and I'm terrible at it anyway, but there is the odd time where I withhold the entire truth for one or various reasons.