Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever Meet Anypony Famous

Denim&Venöm

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Yes, but none that I am that interesting in sharing.

I was a background character in a movie as a kid, so I did meet some people that went on to Hollywood later.

• Brohoof 1

I met two famous writers in my country, one of which gave us lessons on writing for a day. I also met a developer of the original Bioshock. 

How famous is considered famous?

I met a person who was one of my country's minister back then. My father was a good friend of this known figure so I met him on many occasion. I met the former Inspector General of Police once. And I went to Adnan Othman's (Used to be a popular singer here) house once. 

But like world level famous, no. I think not.

I met one of the character designers for Gargoyles at a con one year in Toronto!!  I don't remember his name but he was selling some limited edition prints over there.  He was a kind person and he even signed all three of the prints that I bought, they're hanging on my wall still in the hard plastic sleeves I bought for them from him too, which was nice.  I got Demona, Xanatos and Goliath.  Those were the only three characters he had with him but I'm pretty sure he printed more characters.

Actually... I have.  A few times, even.  Many of my meetings come from the convention I volunteer for, and the list is... longer than I realized.

In no particular order:

Jerry Clower, the band ReHab, Nikki Sixx, Ernest Borgnine, Christopher Sabat, Julie Dawn Cole, Paris Themmen, Virginia Hey, Paul Goddard, James Urbaniak, James Marsters, Nicholas Brendon, Kimber West, Lou Ferrigno, Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat, Kate Mulgrew, Sir Patrick Stewart, Dean Stockwell, Larry Hagman, Voltaire, David Carradine, William Shatner (jerk), Erin Grey, Gil Gerard, Ernie Hudson, Lee Arenberg, Jerry Doyle, Claudia Christian...

And probably more that I can't remember; it happens when you work conventions for so long.  *chuckleblush*

A lot. Let's see...

I've met Lou Ferrigno and William Shatner at comic conventions.

I've seen Weird Al in concert twice; I sat eight rows from the stage the first time. The first singer I saw in concert was Randy Travis.

Pro wrestler Johnny Valiant worked at my college as a security guard. I had a pleasant talk with him once in my residence hall.

My senator Chuck Schumer has made annual speeches at commencement ceremonies at my high school, including my own class. I've also seen him at festivals in my area.

Bernard Waber (author of Lyle Lyle Crocodile) came to an assembly at our elementary school.

While taking a tour of the Grand Ole Opry, our tour group met country music singer George Hamilton IV.

I've met Bud Harrelson a few times at Long Island Ducks games. I have a New York Mets cap he autographed.

Also, my grandfather on my father's side met and shook hands with Muhammad Ali.

Cassadee Pope is an absolute sweetheart. 

Justin from Semi Precious Weapons at Lady Gaga’s The Monster Ball concert. His band was the opening act and was hanging around outside taking photos with fans before going in. 

Ive met quite a few authors.

• 1 month later...