Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of the Apple Bloomers April Fools joke? Would you watch it?

Chibibrony

I would probably watch the first episode, but I can see myself not getting into it.  Anime (if it's considered that?) isn't really something I'm into

I actually found it to be rather funny. I'd never thought MLP:FiM would parody Sailor Moon and anime in general. I'd probably even watch it if it were real, but mostly to see how ridiculous it'll get. :P

• Brohoof 1

I don't really know what I think of it. If it was real, it might be one of those things that I would only watch with a few beers on a really boring Friday night. XD

• Brohoof 2

I was quite surprised they let the changing sequence slide, however, that was in keeping with the kind of shows they were lampooning. In any case, the whole thing was a joke, which should have been evident by the style if not by the April 31st premiere date, so I'm going to smirk and wonder what they'll do next year.

A lot of people were really put off by it, even after finding out it was a joke.

I was just surprised they actually let something so borderline air with the MLP name on it!

IIRC it never actually aired. Everything about the video was fan-made; made to look EXACTLY like it would on TV, but not actually be on TV. Heck, even the announcer was convincing.

There is no way Hasbro would allow that to air, IMO.

• Brohoof 4

IIRC it never actually aired. Everything about the video was fan-made; made to look EXACTLY like it would on TV, but not actually be on TV. Heck, even the announcer was convincing.

There is no way Hasbro would allow that to air, IMO.

I don't know one way or the other because I don't get Discovery Family, but that seems to make more sense. The video is pretty racy for MLP; why would they risk controversy for a mere April Fools' prank?

I don't know one way or the other because I don't get Discovery Family, but that seems to make more sense. The video is pretty racy for MLP; why would they risk controversy for a mere April Fools' prank?

Not to mention that there was a second clip with Apple Blooms shirt off. Granted there was nothing to see, but considering the general age of the character that would still be dangerous stuff for a company like Hasbro to try.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

According to an older version of a script. Apple Bloom is 7. (I can't remember where I read that, but I'm sure I read that.) Therefore, nope nope nopeity nope nope *nopes away*

Edited by Starlight Glimmer
  • Brohoof 1