Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are pegasi who live on the ground inferior to those that live in the clouds?

GuillermoGage

I don't think it's related, but that it's just a choice.

Some of them prefer to live on the clouds, others on the ground. Maybe because they have friends there etc.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 3

Why would that be true? D:

To me, that's like saying tall people who don't live in the mountains are weaker.  :blink:

Just cause they can live and walk on clouds, doesn't necessarily mean they want to.  ;)

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't say so. It would be, for adult Pegasi, a choice. They chose to live wherever they do. Perhaps there would be some differences, but I don't think one would be weaker than or inferior to the other simply because of where they have chosen to live - or have to live, if they're too young to live on their own.

Then again, thinking at this logically, ponies born and raised in the clouds might have recieved better flight training, though that would make them potentially better-trained than some others, not superior to others.

Edited by Mint Drop

I don't really gt what yur implying here. That is liek saying ever Pegisus that isn't in cloudsale is somehow less. Which isn't true casue he only houses we seen outside of cloudsdale made of clouds is RD's. which is odd but maybe it's an expection who knows.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it depends on "Who do you ask?" I don't think Earth Ponies or Unicorns make much distinction.

Pegasi, however, might make a big deal out of it.  I can see them totally focusing on wings & ignoring everything else.  I base this on the way Fluttershy gets treated in Cutie Mark Chronicles & Hurricane Fluttershy.

I ain't saying it HAS to be that way, but IMO you could make the argument.

(edited)

Well, on one hand I do think there's this notion of what an ideal Pegasus is, just like there's a notion of what an ideal Unicorn is or what an ideal Earth Pony is. However, in reality ponies have many more options available to them than what their species is known especially for. Fluttershy may not have a passion for aerial sports, but Rarity isn't particularly interested in the academic pursuit of learning magic, and Pinkie Pie isn't invested in the idea of farm life.

I do find it intriguing that the mane six is split down the middle between ideal types(Twilight, Rainbowdash and Applejack), and ponies who don't fit that stereotype(Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie), but that doesn't mean that one half of them are better than the others, they just have different callings in life, and given the sheer number of ponies throughout Equestria, it's actually highly likely that the majority of a given species aren't ideal types.

Edited by Tross

How does living on the ground make them inferior? They probably just move out of Cloudsdale to find jobs or to have a fresh start or their families have been living on the ground for a long time.

Plus they might even prefer living on the ground because they can interect with the other races.

(edited)

Well, apparently Luna's personal bodyguard (Or at least the chariot pullers) consist on these 'Cave Pegasi' fellows. I doubt Luna would take her personal safety lightly by using an 'inferior' or 'weaker' ramification of pony kind. At the end of the day (No pun intended) she's still -or was, at any rate- fond to the 'old ways'.

Edited by Shadow Beam

It is a combination of preference and degree of skill, most pegasi can in fact fly but not every pegasi is as skilled at flying or has the ambition to become as skilled at flying as the Wonderbolts just like how most unicorns can use magic but aren't on the level of Starswirl the Bearded.

They're not weaker. 

Re-capping  of the reasons others have stated:

- occupation requires that they live near the ground for the duration of work

- simple preference choice to live on the ground rather than own a cloud home/apt/condo/etc. 

Oddly. No one has mentioned the third other situation for pegasi.

- Being born on the ground and living with family.   (Pound Cake was born from two earth ponies, Mr. and Mrs. Cake)  (And are totally his legitimate children).

It's like saying that someone is superior for being taller, skinnier or having some type of skin color. Beyond all subjective appearance, physical expression and experience, there's still the very same life.

Everyone is equal life, which makes this planet quite a painful place for me. This is not an easy truth, since there's too many hurt people.

@@GuillermoGage,

What criteria is that even coming from? "Weaker" how? "Inferior" how?

Strength? Most of the Ponyville pegasi had the necessary wingpower to transport the water to Cloudsdale? Speed? Rainbow Dash can do a Sonic Rainboom in her sleep and she spends most of her time near the ground.

Oh please. The pegasi who live in the sky have their heads in the clouds. They're such high horses.

Those feather brains are so lightheaded from spending too much time high in the sky.

Someone should bring them back down to earth.

Yes. They are. And only true Pegasi live in the OPEN air. None of that cloud home business for them. They are in a constant state of flight. Git gud ground Pegasi. Git gud.

• Brohoof 1