Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Jokes offend you guys?

Tom Snyder

I think the only jokes that make me absolutely furious are ones towards people with mental disabilities. I hate the word retard, it is just so hurtful in my opinion. Calling somebody an (excuse my language) bitch is just a word for female dog, but calling somebody retarded is referring to somebody with a mental disability. There were kids in elementary school who always used that word and it just made me so mad! Like, how dare you!

I'm hard to offend, and I especially love anti-jokes. But I really don't like when people joke about rape.

Also, I really hate the your-mom jokes. I said one to a person who had lost their mom not long before, and me and my mom are really close.

• 1 month later...

From skimming most of these posts and good god why are most of you so god dam Politically correct ???

Yes in certain situations where jokes will not be a great idea but saying jokes are evil is not going to do anything

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I've ever been offended by a joke. Quite the contrary, I'm usually the one telling the most offensive jokes. Simply put: If you can't grow a thicker skin, then your outrage is funnier than the joke itself.

• Brohoof 2

Pfft, Im Swedish, I cant be offended!

Right, I'm also Swedish, can't get offended!

No but really, same here. I'm rarely offended by anything at all, 

but I guess it's not okay to shame people, like laugh at any sexuality, gender, colour, body or anything like that.

However, I'm not personally very sensitive about any of this, I do however know of people that are.

Edited by darkwingmare

I don't get offended easily. The only kind of jokes that really offend me are sexist jokes. Homophobic and racist jokes also rub me the wrong way.

I am guilty of making racist jokes on occasion, but they're harmless and never go too far.

I find most jokes funny, and can't think of any I'd be genuinely offended by. I find plenty of jokes un-funny, just not offensive, as I feel like being offended by something is just a way to voice how much you don't like it.

When it comes to offensive joke, I tend to be pretty chill. I enjoy and quite often tell offensive (i.e. racist, holocaust etc) jokes but I always make sure that everyone listening understands thats its a joke and not meant to be taken seriously.

• Brohoof 1

I often get a bit upset by degenerating demographic jokes, those involving racism, sexism, albeism, etc. For example, if you want to make fun of women and Hispanics around me, please do that carefully in moderation. I do keep in mind however jokes are not meant to be serious.

Edited by ;sylveon

Only making fun of Christians? No Jews or Atheists? 

I don't know about you, but to me poking fun at Jews is more amusing than poking fun at Christians or Atheists. Mind you, I don't actually have problem with Jews.

From skimming most of these posts and good god why are most of you so god dam Politically correct ???

Yes in certain situations where jokes will not be a great idea but saying jokes are evil is not going to do anything

If your avatar is meaning what I think it means, I think is fairly amusing.

Edited by Luna the Great
  • Brohoof 1

As a white teacher in a predominantly black neighborhood I've gone though a lot of training surrounding race and cultural stereotypes in communities of color and it has really taught me to check myself. I like to spread this knowledge to other white folks who may not quite get it yet. People like to think we live in a color blind society where racism is over and anything is fair game, but that's far from the case. In my experience, the only people who think white people have it as hard as people of color are white people who have little to no experience on the subject.

If, hypothetically speaking, in a hypothetical world, in a hypothetical, parallel world, that it was shown that black people have lower IQ's than everyone else, and black people really were dumber than everyone else...would it be wrong to say that they are dumber than everyone else?

Edited by BadluckJoker

If, hypothetically speaking, in a hypothetical world, in a hypothetical, parallel world, that it was shown that black people have lower IQ's than everyone else, and black people really were dumber than everyone else...would it be wrong to say that they are dumber than everyone else?

It'd be treated in the same way women are physically weaker than men: We all know it, we acknowledge it by making athletic competitions, for the most part, separated by gender, but it's not something you constantly point out and make jokes about.

They probably would have to have segregated schools, which would be tricky since the black schools would probably be underfunded and under equipped even more than schools in pre-predominately black areas already are, but then we wouldn't want to hold back the white kids.

Stereotypes on Canada and offensive jokes that reference me as the victim. (it has happened numerous times)

Are you from Canada? Because I am, and I love stereotype jokes on Canada because Canada is incredibly underrepresented in pop culture and I'll take whatever I can. 

• Brohoof 1

So, in a hypothetical world, a hypothetical universe, hypothetically speaking, where women are weaker, and on average, less creative, less intelligent than men, we must pretend they are equals, and treat them the same, so as not to hurt their feelings...hypothetically speaking?

Stereotypes on Canada and offensive jokes that reference me as the victim. (it has happened numerous times) 

i noticed youtube poops rarely make jokes of Trixie...well, because she is a joke.

Edited by BadluckJoker
  • Brohoof 1

So, in a hypothetical world, a hypothetical universe, hypothetically speaking, where women are weaker, and on average, less creative, less intelligent than men, we must pretend they are equals, and treat them the same, so as not to hurt their feelings...hypothetically speaking?

i noticed youtube poops rarely make jokes of Trixie...well, because she is a joke.

She can be at time's, but I like her personality.

It'd be treated in the same way women are physically weaker than men: We all know it, we acknowledge it by making athletic competitions, for the most part, separated by gender, but it's not something you constantly point out and make jokes about.

They probably would have to have segregated schools, which would be tricky since the black schools would probably be underfunded and under equipped even more than schools in pre-predominately black areas already are, but then we wouldn't want to hold back the white kids.

Are you from Canada? Because I am, and I love stereotype jokes on Canada because Canada is incredibly underrepresented in pop culture and I'll take whatever I can. 

Yep, born and raised. It's not the jokes about Canada that bothers me it's about the fact people say it so much they buzzkill it and it start's to annoy me like crazy.