Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Random fact thread

MoltenKitten

(edited)

The game Doom's port number is 666

It would take over 1,000 years to watch every single video on youtube.

You didn't notice the period at the end of the last fact

You just double checked

I am a psychic 

Edited by MoltenKitten
  • Brohoof 4

• There is a jellyfish that can live forever

Otters hold hands when they sleep so they don't drift away

When play fighting, the male puppy will let the female puppy win the fight out of courtesy

YouTube originally was going to be a dating website.  The idea to start YouTube was because of Janet Jackson's nip slip during the (I believe) 2004 Olympics

Pigs are unable to look up

During sleep, you have a lot of dreams.  But you are lucky to remember one.

I'm extremely tired right now i cant think of anything else i hope you enjoy these facts

• Brohoof 2

The pits representing data on a CD are 800 by 600 nanometers in size. The length (800 nm) is 1/1250 of one millimeter. That's small.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic has gathered a older audience that go by the name bronies.

Tell me more! :derp:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Oh I got one!
Or two...

I read somewhere that if you wake up in the middle of the night, there's an 80% chance that something, or someone is staring at you.

Aaaand I think that a banana is actually a berry, and a strawberry is not a berry.

Edited by Mellifluous
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Jet felt can't melt steal beams

I can't believe I wasn't the first one to say that. It just goes to show.... THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

Edited by Joseph Stallion
  • Brohoof 1

Wearing a bulletproof vest while committing a violent crime is illegal in New Jersey.

lmfao

If you type "askew" in the google search bar, the page will be tilted. 

• Brohoof 3

The Sun is the most spherical object ever observed.

Each of the Apollo moon rockets used five Rocketdyne F1 engines on their first stage. Each one remains today the largest and most powerful liquid rocket engines ever. When five were tested together for the first time in 1966, the United States national energy output increased by 5% for the two minutes that they were firing.

The energy density of a human hand is comparable to 1 liter of gasoline.

1 kilogram of water = 1 liter of water (at room temperature and sea-level pressure)

Jupiter and Saturn have more than 60 known moons each.

Pluto is not a planet, but a dwarf planet. It is estimated that there are probably 30 or more similarly sized dwarf-planets beyond the orbit of Neptune, but this has not been confirmed because they're so small and dim, and thus hard to find.

The worst aircraft accident ever was the Tenerife Airport Disaster in the Canary Islands in 1977. Nearly 600 people died because two fully loaded jumbo-jets collided on the runway. The cause of the accident was poor weather, human error and communication problems.

It is estimated that Norman Borlaug, an American biologist, has saved over a billion lives through his research in creating more robust varieties of wheat and grain that are resistant to disease, making it easier and cheaper to feed populations.

The same person (John Stapp) who invented the ejector seat also invented the crash-test dummy and the car safety belt. His research led him to discover more pilots were being killed in automobile accidents than faulty aircraft design.

The RMS Titanic had three propellers, but only two were capable of reversing because they were driven by expansion pistons. The middle propeller was driven by a one-directional turbine. 1999 movie Titanic accurately depicts this.

The largest known black hole, Holmberg 15A, is estimated to be over one light-month in radius. It's several thousand times the width of the entire solar system, and weighs as much as half of the Milky Way galaxy.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

A steel plate was ejected from a subterranian nuclear test in the American Operation Plumbob.

It is estimated this steel plate had a velocity of at least 230 000km/h. If it survived its impact with Earth's atmosphere, it would've achived solar escape velocity, and would become the fastest and most distant object ever sent from Earth, having long since exceeded the Voyager probes some time in the 1980s.

If you take all of the nerve endings out of your body and lay them end to end, you would die.

The Fact Sphere is the most handsome sphere.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1

The argentinian word 'Boludo' can be used as:

-An insult.

-A way to call for attention.

-A mental state.

-A friendly greeting.

-A casual way to adress somebody. 

-Nickname.

-Filler word.

Ah, lunfardo.