Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite type of humor?

BlueBrony

Very, ver dark jokes. There is literally nothing that offends me, so the darker the joke, the funnier I'll usually find it, as long as it's delivered properly. Nothing worse than a potentially funny joke being butchered by bad delivery.

Humor is one of those quirky things that makes humans so different and interesting. As far as we know, no other creature has such a wide spectrum of types of humor as we do. So from anti-jokes to one liners, slapstick to spoonerisms, tell me what you prefer and why!

As for me, I am not above making puns, even intentionally bad ones. Literal humor is my bread and butter (someone asks for a hand, I ask left or right). Dry humor gets me the most excited though, because it never acknowledges that the situation is humorous even though it clearly is.

Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEywGpIt0vw

I'm not sure if everyone here has heard of JonTron, so I guess I will just refer to it as absurd humor. The humor that lacks seriousness to the point of being completely ridiculous is what gets me laughing.

• Brohoof 1

Very, ver dark jokes. There is literally nothing that offends me, so the darker the joke, the funnier I'll usually find it, as long as it's delivered properly. Nothing worse than a potentially funny joke being butchered by bad delivery.

I often find that appropriateness, both in time and place, is critically important to the success of a dark joke.

Okay, this is pretty corny, but I'm a sucker for cheesy jokes :lol: I don't know what it is, or why I find them funny -- but the more horrible the joke, and the more confident the delivery of said joke the better. :P

I like other kinds of humor as well -- minus the overly dark. But corny jokes have a special place in my heart, lol. :lol:

• 4 years later...

In high school I was really into dark humor and inappropriate humor, but that might have just been because of the people I'd hang around. Now it's more centered around the unexpected, like these two videos.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh, and one-shotting people in video games. Using a KV-2 or S-51 in World of Tanks (on the console version, where artillery damage was never nerfed into the ground) and watching an enemy's health bar go from 100 to 0 in an instant is always hilarious, though it almost makes me feel bad sometimes :ButtercupLaugh: AP Malphite in League of Legends is like that, too.

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Booker said:

In high school I was really into dark humor and inappropriate humor, but that might have just been because of the people I'd hang around. Now it's more centered around the unexpected, like these two videos.

Hide contents
  Hide contents

Hide contents

Oh, and one-shotting people in video games. Using a KV-2 or S-51 in World of Tanks (on the console version, where artillery damage was never nerfed into the ground) and watching an enemy's health bar go from 100 to 0 in an instant is always hilarious, though it almost makes me feel bad sometimes :ButtercupLaugh: AP Malphite in League of Legends is like that, too.

What game is that first one? It looks good

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Muffinnz said:

What game is that first one? It looks good

It's Doom (the 2016 version. Not the original, obviously). If you haven't seen it played, it's really fucking brutal. And the video is just an edit, not actual game dialogue.

• Brohoof 1