Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Chris-Chan goes to a Brony convention?

Limeblossom

You're having a fun time at the convention and suddenly the most notorious guy, Chris-Chan, enters the party. How would your react as con visitor/staff? Would you avoid him, keep him away or confront him?

Why would anyone confront him? He might be jerk but seriously, what does anyone gain from confronting him? It would be so much better for everyone to simply ignore him. 

Also, why is this in debate pit?

Edited by Yamet
  • Brohoof 2

He's likely been to multiple cons of many types. Really, if someone does anything other than greet or ignore him, they're an asshole. I don't like the guy as much as the next person, but that doesn't mean it's justifiable to be negative.

Edited by Unikitty
  • Brohoof 1

•love and tolerate•

A mantra that this fandom seems to tout but hardly embraces, as a whole that is. That is what I would do if I met him. We all have our quirks and problems, I know I have many, so I shouldn't judge him because of his.

• Brohoof 3

•love and tolerate•

A mantra that this fandom seems to tout but hardly embraces, as a whole that is. That is what I would do if I met him. We all have our quirks and problems, I know I have many, so I shouldn't judge him because of his.

Yeah, no. There's a reason why this guy is judged. Assaulting a Gamestop employee with a can of pepper spray because Sonic's arm is a different color isn't a "quirk."

• Brohoof 3

Why would anyone confront him? He might be jerk but seriously, what does anyone gain from confronting him? It would be so much better for everyone to simply ignore him. 

Because he has a tendency to cause serious trouble, as Mad'alor Dash pointed out in the video above he has even resorted to assault. He has also in the past resorted to sexual harassment with him regarding himself as one of the "nice" guys who thinks every woman on earth owes him sex, he even famously drew a graphic picture of this girl he had a crush on called "she came for Chris" and tried to use that to get her to sleep with him. The guy is bad news especially in settings with a lot of people, with that said though I would stay far away from him if I was a visitor and would watch him very carefully if I was con staff but only confront him if he started to get out of control both because starting unnecessary conflict wouldn't be in my or any of the visitors interests and because it could play into his victim complex non sense.

• Brohoof 3

Guys, can we just stop.

I think he's as much of a dirtbag as the next person but his hatedumb tends to be just as blisteringly stupid and the only winning move is to pretend he doesn't exist because bringing him up just invites drama. 

• Brohoof 5

Because he has a tendency to cause serious trouble, as Mad'alor Dash pointed out in the video above he has even resorted to assault. He has also in the past resorted to sexual harassment with him regarding himself as one of the "nice" guys who thinks every woman on earth owes him sex, he even famously drew a graphic picture of this girl he had a crush on called "she came for Chris" and tried to use that to get her to sleep with him. The guy is bad news especially in settings with a lot of people, with that said though I would stay far away from him if I was a visitor and would watch him very carefully if I was con staff but only confront him if he started to get out of control both because starting unnecessary conflict wouldn't be in my or any of the visitors interests and because it could play into his victim complex non sense.

And your point is? Yes, he has done some terrible things but does that mean you should confront him when he's at a convention and minding his own business? Of course not.

And your point is? Yes, he has done some terrible things but does that mean you should confront him when he's at a convention and minding his own business? Of course not.

No, as I have said before that would start unnecessary conflict and feed his victim complex. As I have said as a guest I would just stay far away from him but the OP also asked what you would do if you were convention staff and the answer I gave was simply watch him and only act if he had crossed the line which is something that is fairly likely given his lengthy history of that.

Edited by Shanks
  • Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

• Brohoof 1

I feel very ignorant at this point, but I have absolutely no clue who Chris Chan is. Never even heard of this person before. Judging from previous replies, I guess I would just leave him be.

• Brohoof 1

I feel very ignorant at this point, but I have absolutely no clue who Chris Chan is. Never even heard of this person before. Judging from previous replies, I guess I would just leave him be.

Chris Chan got infamous on the internet for a comic known as "Sonichu", and also some videos he has posted on YouTube, including a video of him dancing naked and humping a PS3. He has also gotten into legal trouble at times, including when he sprayed a GameStop employee w/ mace.

Anyway, I'd try to avoid him unless he came up to me, then I'd try to remain calm, unless he tries to or causes trouble, than I'd run away faster than you could say "Sonichu". Unless security or police got involved, then I'd calmly explain what happened.

Edited by Trixie Heartstrings
  • Brohoof 1

If he was at Bronycon, I'd either ignore him or just say hi and move on. There's no need to confront somebody at a convention.

I got a feeling that it won't be long before this topic gets derailed and locked.

• Brohoof 1

Also, why is this in debate pit?

I did that because the person about it is somewhat controversial.

Seems like the admin already moved it.

I would probably get scared if he was in the same place and would try to avoid him. He's living in his own fantasy and that could lead to trouble.

I've heard stories of people as cringey as Chris-Chan at brony conventions.

Someone once asked Andrea Libman to sign his, er... "adult toy" that had apparently been used.

Excuse me while I vomit...

• Brohoof 1